ZitsSuck21

Reason why even small amounts of sugar breaks me out?

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know why this is? I Have other food intolerances too (gluten/dairy/most grains).
Ive been working on my digestion, bone broths fermented foods etc.
Will this intolerance to sugar/fruit sugar go once my gut flora has balanced out? 
Even a small bit of dark chocolate or fruit shows up on my skin

Edited by ZitsSuck21

By fruit sugar I am guessing you mean whole fruit. Here's my experience which may help you. I stopped sugar in 2012. My skin cleared up within 2 weeks. For the next 3 years even a tiny amount of sugar  ( including honey, raw sugar ) would break me out. I could eat fruits with no problem. Fruit juice on the other hand broke me out.

However after 3 years, I can eat small amounts of sugar. Actually even little extra does not cause a problem. So I think my answer will be yes, after your system settles down you can eat some amount of sugar.

Don't get scared by the fact that it took me 3 years. I did not know what to do and experimented a lot that's why it took me 3 years. I got to know that bone broth and fermented foods help only about 6 months back.

1 person likes this

You should not allow acne to control you or your life. After having suffered from acne for 20 years I decided to share what I learnt and help others. PM me if you need more information or just support. 

On 2/15/2017 at 1:55 PM, Ae1976 said:

By fruit sugar I am guessing you mean whole fruit. Here's my experience which may help you. I stopped sugar in 2012. My skin cleared up within 2 weeks. For the next 3 years even a tiny amount of sugar  ( including honey, raw sugar ) would break me out. I could eat fruits with no problem. Fruit juice on the other hand broke me out.

However after 3 years, I can eat small amounts of sugar. Actually even little extra does not cause a problem. So I think my answer will be yes, after your system settles down you can eat some amount of sugar.

Don't get scared by the fact that it took me 3 years. I did not know what to do and experimented a lot that's why it took me 3 years. I got to know that bone broth and fermented foods help only about 6 months back.

wow? 3 years! i have the same problem, looks like even fruits break me out. i hope if i get older these intolerances will be healed. Edited by 3mrd
word spelling

Miss you sugar bro :smileys_n_people_24: I'm gonna do a bone broth/ kefir fast over the weekend and then kick into the gaps intro diet again