beliana

over-the-counter treatment during IPL hair removal

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have started my IPL hair removal treatment for around 3 months ago, and it includes removing hair on my chin. However, my chin area breaks out a lot and the last time I remember it was clear of acne is 4 months ago.
Since I started my IPL treatment, I avoid the pimples or avoid the chin area overall and proceed with the rest of my body. And now I'm considering using an over-the-counter treatment for my chin acne because they are getting really annoying (plus some few pimples on my cheeks and forehead, not very serious ones).

I know that I cannot be treating with Retin-A or Accutane at the same time as the IPL treatment, so I would like to know if it's safe to apply any benzoyl peroxide-based product while I undergo IPL hair removal once a month, even if I don't treat the chin area with IPL.

Thanks!

I started my laser hair removal treatment so it is interesting subject for me. Before I choose laser I found this site with all answers for my questions about photo epilation or light based hair removal . Also the difference between laser and IPL and its advantages, their services and prices . Hope it will be helpfull for you! Edited by Jazzguy
irrelevant external website link removed.