Photo

Sometimes I think this is all in our heads..

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:12 PM

You gotta remember that in your age group, getting zits randomly is completely normal so making connections between your activities is just silly since it may be caused only by your internal condition.

#22 Doberwoman

Doberwoman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

I knew someone who said aht her acne was a result of her having very sensitive skin. she adopted a very gentle cleansing routine and otherwise tried to ignore her skin and she cleared right up. Maybe you're one of those "sensitive skin" people for whom less treatment is more.

On the other hand, lots of people claimthat sunlight clears their zits, so that could have something to do with it too.

congrats anyway on finding something that seems to be working!

#23 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 4 2004, 11:12 AM)
You gotta remember that in your age group, getting zits randomly is completely normal so making connections between your activities is just silly since it may be caused only by your internal condition.

View Post

Im not sure if you were talking to me or not..but I just wanted to point out that Im NOT in ANY way saying these things cleared me. Not at all. Im saying they very obviously are not the CAUSE of acne.

(BTW, Melbourne, as far as waiting two or three weeks- Maybe I should be clear that I have always drank alcohol, smoked weed and ciggarettes. The only real differences of the week I went to the coast was I did it without worrying about its effect on my skin AT ALL)

I agree that my internal condition has so much to do with me getting clear. I finally started accepting myself as I was, instead of raging a 24 hour, 7 day a week WAR with my skin.

Now when I read all these threads..with all these diets and plans and treatments, and cleanses and flushes..its all so overwhelmingly stressful! I dont believe skin can clear when you are constantly focusing all your attention on it. Ive been there...its a horrible struggle, a stressful way to live.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#24 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Doberwoman @ Dec 4 2004, 12:31 PM)

On the other hand, lots of people claimthat sunlight clears their zits, so that could have something to do with it too.

View Post

Hmm..not sunlight. I barely left my hotel room..if ya know what I mean. wink.gif

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

#25 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:12 AM

Nope DCV, I was talking about sinashgh.

#26 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 09:15 AM

Thats true Ben! Not every pimple we get HAS to be because of a certain food or activity we did, sometimes we're just supposed to get them sad.gif because its our destiny lol.

But when you usualy have 90% clear skin and suddenly get BAD breakouts... then you could POSSIBLY look back on your activities or eating logs and draw conclusions that you can't be certain of at first but if persistent breakouts happen after what you THOUGHT was the reason.... then you know what that means wink.gif

#27 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

"usually" does not exist during puberty, though, sinashgh. It's a matter of the fact that you may not be experiencing anything different but your body is going through some pretty weird things during those few years.

#28 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:26 PM

*Update*

Well you guys were saying I should come back and update this thread in a couple of weeks, so here I am.

My face is 100% clear. I still have my acne scars, but they are slowly fading. I havent had a cysts in about two weeks, and none before that for maybe another two weeks. The last cysts I had I soaked in some salt water for a couple of hours (salt water in a cotton ball) and then a couple hours later easily extracted it. (My old cysts NEVER were able to be extracted).

This has been this way since the week I went out of town and decided to stop giving a *^#* about my acne!

All I do now is rinse my makeup off in the evening, sometimes put a little BP on my face just in case, some lotion, and thats it. Also, at least once a week I do an AHA treatment..Im hoping it will help with my scarring.

But yeah..just a testement to eating whatever the hell I want, doing whatever the hell I want, and just not worrying about it. I dont see how acne would possibly be caused by certain foods if I eat whatever and now Im clear. (Before it always seemed like certain foods caused it but maybe it was because I worried after eating them).

Anyways..just an update. Im so happy with my skin! *please let it stay this way*

Morning:

Evening:

#29 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(DejaClaireVoyant @ Nov 27 2004, 06:18 AM)
So last week..I went out of town to the coast..every night I drank hard alcohol..I ate nothing but taco bell and pasta from italian restaurants, I chain smoked, I smoked weed, I DID NOT USE ANY medicine, lotion, or cleanser on my face. I wiped my makeup off with a wet washcloth at the end of each night, and crashed.

My skin, during this week, got almost 100% clear.

SO Im like..WOAH how could this be...I let myself do whatever I wanted and stopped worrying about my acne, but it didnt get worse it got SO MUCH BETTER!

And get this..when I got home I started using BP and actually taking care of my skin again, (focusing on it more) and I began breaking out within a few days.

Hmmm...so this made me totally realize that this doesnt have as much to do with what we eat and drink as one might think..I am starting to truly believe that the more I focus on my skin, the more I WANT it to get clear, the worse it gets. The week at the coast I simply didnt give a crap.

The only factors I can think of that might be coming into play here is the fact that it was the coast with the clean air...perhaps the fresh air helped but I would be amazed if it cleared me completely..and also, I had REALLY hot sex while I was over there one night..definately a big stress relief..made me feel good which led to me not worrying about my skin as much.

What do you guys think of this? Is all the effort we put into our skin a waste of time? I dont know whether to continue with BP or not...its not making my skin any worse than it was..but I didnt start getting zits again until i got home...

Whatever the cause, I now know for certain that alcohol, ciggys, weed and high carb food is NOT the culprit of my acne.

View Post

See this is why i called you trash, you really need a lifestyle change. I'm not retracting this comment either, i only took my other comment back because i hate to see someone cry but in your case i think the truth needs to be said.

#30 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 07:27 PM

Don't be an asshole, Oz. It's her life -- does it hurt you? Didn't think so.

Congrats on being clear, Deja.

#31 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(OzPower @ Dec 15 2004, 03:50 PM)
See this is why i called you trash, you really need a lifestyle change. I'm not retracting this comment either, i only took my other comment back because i hate to see someone cry but in your case i think the truth needs to be said.

View Post

Ha you think Im trash because I drink and smoke weed?
Damn..thats about the stupidest thing I ever heard!!!!

You are too funny. Have fun fucking your judgemental self up the ass! biggrin.gif

Thanks Ben. You rule.

Morning:

Evening: