Photo

Sometimes I think this is all in our heads..

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

So last week..I went out of town to the coast..every night I drank hard alcohol..I ate nothing but taco bell and pasta from italian restaurants, I chain smoked, I smoked weed, I DID NOT USE ANY medicine, lotion, or cleanser on my face. I wiped my makeup off with a wet washcloth at the end of each night, and crashed.

My skin, during this week, got almost 100% clear.

SO Im like..WOAH how could this be...I let myself do whatever I wanted and stopped worrying about my acne, but it didnt get worse it got SO MUCH BETTER!

And get this..when I got home I started using BP and actually taking care of my skin again, (focusing on it more) and I began breaking out within a few days.

Hmmm...so this made me totally realize that this doesnt have as much to do with what we eat and drink as one might think..I am starting to truly believe that the more I focus on my skin, the more I WANT it to get clear, the worse it gets. The week at the coast I simply didnt give a crap.

The only factors I can think of that might be coming into play here is the fact that it was the coast with the clean air...perhaps the fresh air helped but I would be amazed if it cleared me completely..and also, I had REALLY hot sex while I was over there one night..definately a big stress relief..made me feel good which led to me not worrying about my skin as much.

What do you guys think of this? Is all the effort we put into our skin a waste of time? I dont know whether to continue with BP or not...its not making my skin any worse than it was..but I didnt start getting zits again until i got home...

Whatever the cause, I now know for certain that alcohol, ciggys, weed and high carb food is NOT the culprit of my acne.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 02:53 PM

I agree; the nocebo effect is powerful.

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:49 PM

whats nocebo? The opposite of placebo or what?

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:20 PM

Mhm. People getting worse because of their minds.

#5 lowfreq

lowfreq

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:32 PM

you only did it for one week.. try doing that for two or three weeks then come back to us again with a report.. seriously those activicies are not good for your body (less the sex)..

#6 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:45 PM

yeh, your skin always has good weeks and bad weeks regardless of diet/meds. The probability it was coincidence is quite high.

#7 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:03 PM

No..I have not had a GOOD WEEK in....maybe 4 years?

There is no way its a coincedence. It might have been something else, like the clean air or the sex..but theres no way its a coincedence. Besides..I wasnt saying that doing unhealthy things CLEARS your skin, I was saying it obviously doesnt make it worse.

I still drink and smoke and I cant see any difference..it only got worse when I started examining my skin again. I think hormones and stress are definately the bad guys when it comes to my acne.

Morning:

Evening:

#8 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:46 PM

DejaClair... I hoe theres some truth to what you're saying but I do notice everytime i smoke weed... i get a breakout like 5 days after it.

#9 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:12 PM

Hmm I still am not giving that much of a crap and my skin is still remarkably better..I am still using BP, but not worrying about the diet/internal cleansing stuff as much. The BP no longer seems to be making my skin worse..my skin has stayed clearer than its been in SO long..

sinashgh, I used to think weed gave me pimples when I was younger but in the past month I have noticed no bad effects from it.

Morning:

Evening:

#10 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:23 PM

Congrats Claire. The key to getting over acne is realizing that your body is a great machine on its own -- the world of people who think they need to do 309 things to keep it "healthy" are very stressed.

#11 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:31 PM

Congrats Claire. The key to getting over acne is realizing that your body is a great machine on its own -- the world of people who think they need to do 309 things to keep it "healthy" are very stressed.

#12 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:36 PM

I was definately more stressed out before...especially when I was constantly cleansing because I was trying to keep track of everything I was eating and drinking..its no way to live. Im not saying I never will no a cleanse again..but if I do it will be more for spiritual reasons than anything physical.

Morning:

Evening:

#13 thekid

thekid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

i've actually been thinkin about this for awhile too, ur brain is the most powerful part of ur body. When i didn't think about acne my skin got awesome and the tone was white , almost a perfect complexion, but when i get anxious and angry or w/e it goes to hell.

#14 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:37 PM

I was thinking I was in for it for sure when PMS time came around..but I chilled out and didnt worry about it. (Note- I usually end up with 5-6 large painful cysts on my face about a week before my period) I got my period this morning and all that happened before was one TINY little pimple on my cheek. Im amazed..I really truly dont know why this is happening...

Morning:

Evening:

#15 daveyguy23

daveyguy23

"GOT GOOD DAYS AND U HAVE BAD DAYS"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:45 PM

I agree when I smoke or drink hard acohol its weird but it seems to clear me up

#16 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(DejaClaireVoyant @ Nov 26 2004, 12:18 PM)
So last week..I went out of town to the coast..every night I drank hard alcohol..I ate nothing but taco bell and pasta from italian restaurants, I chain smoked, I smoked weed, I DID NOT USE ANY medicine, lotion, or cleanser on my face. I wiped my makeup off with a wet washcloth at the end of each night, and crashed.

My skin, during this week, got almost 100% clear.

SO Im like..WOAH how could this be...I let myself do whatever I wanted and stopped worrying about my acne, but it didnt get worse it got SO MUCH BETTER!

And get this..when I got home I started using BP and actually taking care of my skin again, (focusing on it more) and I began breaking out within a few days.

Hmmm...so this made me totally realize that this doesnt have as much to do with what we eat and drink as one might think..I am starting to truly believe that the more I focus on my skin, the more I WANT it to get clear, the worse it gets. The week at the coast I simply didnt give a crap.

The only factors I can think of that might be coming into play here is the fact that it was the coast with the clean air...perhaps the fresh air helped but I would be amazed if it cleared me completely..and also, I had REALLY hot sex while I was over there one night..definately a big stress relief..made me feel good which led to me not worrying about my skin as much.

What do you guys think of this? Is all the effort we put into our skin a waste of time? I dont know whether to continue with BP or not...its not making my skin any worse than it was..but I didnt start getting zits again until i got home...

Whatever the cause, I now know for certain that alcohol, ciggys, weed and high carb food is NOT the culprit of my acne.

View Post

Your skin may look better initially. Wait for around 2 to 3 weeks.

Let us know if you are better or worse.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#17 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:09 PM

Sorry Mel -- the power of health lies not in the forest but in alcohol.

#18 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 3 2004, 06:09 PM)
Sorry Mel -- the power of health lies not in the forest but in alcohol.

View Post

Alcohol destroys your liver.

Alcohol is poison.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#19 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 10:16 PM

Those who drink moderately live longer than those who don't. The worlds oldest people drank moderately(1-2 servings a day or less). The oldest guy used to be from Japan and he drank a shot of scotch each day. The oldest lady drank wine. The people of the medditeranean drink wine all the time, as do the French and they both live longer than Americans. Same with the Japanese.

If you don't want to drink than don't but drinking moderately is healthy.

#20 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:11 PM

well i dont know about this stuff.. you guys might have a point.
but i never stresS over it anyways.. thats because my skin is relatively good - clear most of the time.... but anyways you guys might have a point.

but Claire, i dont know... honestly everytime i smoked weed it gave me bad pimples... 4 - 5 days after and i thought to myself... of course that shit makes sense... you put nasty filthy shit in your mouth and inhale...and you dont want nothin to happen.. anyways because of this i smoke much less now which isnt all that bad.

i smoke weed like once a month now! sometimes even once every 2 months.

drinking.... i can't say it gave me pimples.... as it idd a couple times and sometimes it didn't so i'm not goint to comment on that YET because it hasn't been consistent like Weed.