green tea

4 replies to this topic

#1 jpp

jpp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:06 AM

Hey whats up people it was really funny last week my acne was clearing up right i had loads of clear places on my face: i was drinking alot of water and green tea and fruit. But early this week.

I ate a whole pizza from dominos pizza and the nexs day i had fish and chips and i ran ouit of fruit and green tea. Damn all my blemishes have gone to bumps sad.gif

I belive its called a break out right and it will go away after a week or so right?

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 12:08 PM

It probably has less to do with the pizza and more to do with you not getting enough water.

If you have bumps, just keep upping your water consumption and it should pass within a week or two.

#3 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:33 PM

i doubt food can affect you that quickly

#4 QuikSILver

QuikSILver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

I REALLY DOUBT IT WAS FOOD....Dont get me wrong you might be right....but dont make stupid assumptions...IT is known that eating foods like that dont affect acne! Well, not so quickly at least!

"What doesn't cause acne?

Myths are often perpetrated that consumption of rich oily foods, soft drinks, chocolate, and many other foods commonly eaten by the average teen cause acne. This has clearly been proven to be FALSE, though this myth remains the one most commonly held! Likewise, acne does not indicate that the teen's face is too dirty. As noted above, blackheads are colored by skin pigment cells, not dirt. Furthermore, "impure thoughts" or being a "bad person" have yet to be implicated as causes of acne! "

"why is diet important?

Refined carbs/sugar = more insulin = more hormones = more sebum (oil) = more bacteria = more acne"

These 2 statements contradict each other...but, either way you couldnt have possibly acquired zits from the food you ate so quickly...It is probably from the water you cut back on...or it could be pure coincidence!
Here is another interesting article...that sort of combines these 2 statements...
http://www.acne.com/p_diet.php

#5 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 01:23 AM

Acne.com is proudly brought to you by the makers of Proactiv® Solution

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
- Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users