Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brown Bread

11 posts in this topic

Great for you, even better if you can get 12 grain. Man I love that stuff, there's so much substance and flavour to it, unlike white bread.

well, what type of bread you eat isn't gonna make a huge difference to your acne.

But yeh, brown bread is good. Processed foods lack fibre which is very importants. WHolemeal bread is generally high in fibre. White bread is very little.

Try to buy bread without any preservatives and additives

also, be aware that a lot of brown breads sold in supermarkets are just as bad as white breads. they are loaded with sugar and additives, and some even have colour in them to make them look browner. if you can get bread from a good bakery, it's probably better.

No great deed, private or public, has ever been undertaken in a bliss of certainty. - Leon Wieseltier -

I agree with the small bakery part as nothing beats a small bakery for taste and quality. However, I don't believe that brown bread in stores is just as bad as white. First of all it's loaded with fibre, has all the nutrients kept in, and as I'm looking at the bread right now, you would have to eat anout 4 loafs to get the same amount of sugar as a coke. Taking into account the sugar doesn't do anything because there's more fiber per slice than sugar, I'd say it's healthy (Looking at my 100% whole wheat Canadian safeway loaf and missing the great taste of my hometown bakery cry.gif ).

I've always heard that the supermarket whole breads are ok IF the wheat ingredient says: stone ground whole wheat. Pepperidge Farms makes some yummy 9 grain break with no trans fats. That's what I buy.

I know a guy that's allergic to gleuten, dairy, and beer. He tries desperately to gain weight but it's hard on a budget without buying dairy and wheat. The beer part would kill me, and this is a guy that went to Germany during Octoberfest. eusa_doh.gif