Photo

Best Acne Kit?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 genie78

genie78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 06:36 AM

I tried several acne kits already. I tried Proactiv for over a month. It made my acne worse and gave me dry skin. I also noticed cystic acne sprouting on my face when I started using it. I don't get cystic acne but when I used it they all started appearing. After I stopped using it, it stopped.

Proactiv is touted as one of the best acne kits out there but it was too irritating on my face. After several days of using it, my skin was red and irritated. It was also very, very dry.

I then switched to Glytone Acne Kit which basically irritated my skin. I only used it for a month or so, then I stopped.

I then tried Clearasil's Total Control Pore Cream which irritated my face even more. I think I was allergic to the thing because after three days of using it, red blotches appeared on my face. They were itchy. At first I thought they were pimples but when I took anti-allergy medicine, the spots disappeared. It would seem that I was allergic to the cleanser.

I've heard about a new Acne Kit by Neutrogena called Advanced Solutions. I was skeptical at first. I thought that it would be like Proactiv. Fortunately, for me, the three products included in the kit are very mild. It didn't cause me to break out or anything. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and everything seems okay.

Neutrogena has a mild salicylic wash and a BP ointment. My skin's texture has improved dramatically. My skin isn't dry because the kit comes with a moisturizer with sunblock.

I hope this product will work for me eventually but it will take about several weeks for me to find out for sure. I hope this acne kit will be the last kit that I'll ever use. I don't want to look for other acne kits anymore. I'm just too tired.

However, if this acne kit doesn't really work out for me in the end, then I'll have to switch to other acne kits.

Anyone heard of Rodan and Fields Calm Acne Kit? The kit is similar to Proactiv since the makers are the same but the ingredients are far more milder. There are no acne scrubs that can cause dry skin and irritation. It's a bit expensive though. I don't plan on switching anytime soon but I just want to find out what I can from this product. So is it a great acne kit?

I also heard about Rodan and Fields Radiant Kit. It's supposed to take care of blotchy skin and skin discolorations. For my hyperpigmentation I used Neutrogena Multivitamin Lotion which was okay but I didn't really see any dramatic improvements. I've been using Herbal Logix Spot Creme for my red spots. I've been using it for three weeks now and I've seen dramatic improvement. But if the Rodan and Fields Radiant Kit is better, I won't hesitate to try it. I heard that it's expensive though. BUt if it really works then it's probably worth the investment.

So any of you guys tried the Rodan and Fields Calm Kit and the Radiant Kit? I read in the posts that the Clean Kit isn't that good. Any info on this?

#2 jamone

jamone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 07:23 AM

I really want to try the AcneFree kit after reading about people getting good results with it on here but i cant try it as i live in england and is not available over here. Ive never tried any acne kits yet but i might get Neutrogena Advanced Solutions kit this week and hope it works. Hows it working so far genie78 ?

#3 genie78

genie78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:04 AM

Neutrogena is a little pricey but so far it's worked for me. It's been two weeks since I've been using the product. The residual zits that I got from my previous regimen have calmed down significantly. My previous regimen was the Clearasil Total Pore Cream something. It has great reviews but it hasn't worked for me. It gave me allergies and red spots. They disappeared though but maybe 2.5 percent salicylic acid is just too much for my skin. The Neutrogena line has .5 percent salicylic acid. So it's not too harsh. I don't have severe acne. I only have mild to moderate acne so I've seen improvements. I don't know if it works with moderate to severe acne though.

If you want to shop online try Dermstore.com. It's the best online store that I've tried so far. I've tried quite a few. I tried Proactiv's online store. They deliver rather quick but the Proactiv product didn't work for me. I've tried Medshopexpress.com and Skinstore.com too. So far, Dermstore.com delivers really, really fast. Some of their products are a few dollars pricier than Medshopexpress products or even Drugstore.com products but Dermstore's delivery fee is a flat rate of 10 US Dollars for international orders. So even if you order lots and lots of products, you still pay 10 US dollars. It's great if you plan on buying lots and lots of products which I've done.

If you want to try other online stores then do so but so far, Dermstore is the best online store that I've tried. The only disadvantage is that they don't carry some products but they do have Neutrogena products.

I'm from Asia by the way. My order usually arrives here around three weeks later. If you want faster delivery try their expedited delivery which isn't as pricey as the other online stores. I tried it and got my order in just three or four days. It's expensive though at 20 US dollars but not as expensive as the Skinstore.com delivery. Skinstore uses UPS which is pricier than FedEx. Dermstore uses FedEx and USPS.

#4 genie78

genie78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:18 AM

I'm a little wary of recommending products to people. I don't want to be blamed if the product doesn't work for them. But if you're really curious, then buy the products that I've recommended. And also, try to avoid the products that didn't work for me. It may or may not work for you but still, it's nice to have free information about products that don't have good reviews.

Proactiv- too irritating. Could work on moderate to sever acne but didn't work for my type of acne. Gave me cystic acne.

Glytone Acne Kit- not good. Too irritating.

Acne Spot Dry Lotion- someone said that it would irritate the skin. That person was right. It seemed to work at first but in the end, it didn't really do anything for my spots.

L'Oreal Pure Zone Spot Treatment- again, didn't do anything. It was probably too irritating on my face.

Acnevention- It didn't really make me breakout but I noticed that it did nothing for the bumps in my face. It also smells weird.

L'Oreal Pure Zone Astringent- too strong for my face. It stings.

Glytone Fading Lotion- has hydroquinone. Didnt' see any improvements after more than two months of usage.

Okay products

Clearasil Total Control Cream Cleanser- it didn't really work for me but it could still work on other people's skin. It gave me allergies and sort of made me break out.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Cream- Too pricey but it does exfoliate the skin. With repeated use it tends to lighten the red spots. But it also tends to dry the skin.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask- it's nice and soothing. It does tend to make your skin soft afterwards. However, the effect is only temporary. It didn't do anything for my blackheads. I still use the product anyway. It's cool and refreshing. It doesn't cause breakouts or anything. It's cheap too.

Under Observation Products

Herbal Logix Spot Lotion- so far, so good. I didn't believe it at first but the thing does what it claims to do. It lightened up my red spots. A few weeks ago, my red spots were red. Right now, they're more brown than red. I apply it twice a day without fail.

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions- It didn't irritate my face. It didn't cause any unusual dryness. It hasn't made me breakout. My skin has a healthy, even glow and the small bumps are disappearing. I hope the product works though but I've seen improvements in two weeks.

It's better than Proactiv in many ways. It's a lot milder, a lot less irritating and it doesn't cause breakouts.

Neutrogena Multivitamin Acne Lotion- I didn't see any major improvements but then, I did stop using the product after I started using the Advanced Solutions.

#5 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(genie78 @ Nov 22 2004, 05:36 AM)
I tried several acne kits already. I tried Proactiv for over a month. It made my acne worse and gave me dry skin. I also noticed cystic acne sprouting on my face when I started using it. I don't get cystic acne but when I used it they all started appearing. After I stopped using it, it stopped.

Proactiv is touted as one of the best acne kits out there but it was too irritating on my face. After several days of using it, my skin was red and irritated. It was also very, very dry.

I then switched to Glytone Acne Kit which basically irritated my skin. I only used it for a month or so, then I stopped.

I then tried Clearasil's Total Control Pore Cream which irritated my face even more. I think I was allergic to the thing because after three days of using it, red blotches appeared on my face. They were itchy. At first I thought they were pimples but when I took anti-allergy medicine, the spots disappeared. It would seem that I was allergic to the cleanser.

I've heard about a new Acne Kit by Neutrogena called Advanced Solutions. I was skeptical at first. I thought that it would be like Proactiv. Fortunately, for me, the three products included in the kit are very mild. It didn't cause me to break out or anything. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and everything seems okay.

Neutrogena has a mild salicylic wash and a BP ointment. My skin's texture has improved dramatically. My skin isn't dry because the kit comes with a moisturizer with sunblock.

I hope this product will work for me eventually but it will take about several weeks for me to find out for sure. I hope this acne kit will be the last kit that I'll ever use. I don't want to look for other acne kits anymore. I'm just too tired.

However, if this acne kit doesn't really work out for me in the end, then I'll have to switch to other acne kits.

Anyone heard of Rodan and Fields Calm Acne Kit? The kit is similar to Proactiv since the makers are the same but the ingredients are far more milder. There are no acne scrubs that can cause dry skin and irritation. It's a bit expensive though. I don't plan on switching anytime soon but I just want to find out what I can from this product. So is it a great acne kit?

I also heard about Rodan and Fields Radiant Kit. It's supposed to take care of blotchy skin and skin discolorations. For my hyperpigmentation I used Neutrogena Multivitamin Lotion which was okay but I didn't really see any dramatic improvements. I've been using Herbal Logix Spot Creme for my red spots. I've been using it for three weeks now and I've seen dramatic improvement. But if the Rodan and Fields Radiant Kit is better, I won't hesitate to try it. I heard that it's expensive though. BUt if it really works then it's probably worth the investment.

So any of you guys tried the Rodan and Fields Calm Kit and the Radiant Kit? I read in the posts that the Clean Kit isn't that good. Any info on this?

View Post

if proactive was to irratiting and drying for you then I DO NOT RECCAMEND the rodan and fiels calm regime, i do not have sensitive skin, and that kit dried my face out so bad that the place where your ears meet your face was all cracked and bleeding, it hurt bad i just wouldn't reccamend it.

#6 dillpickle5672

dillpickle5672

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:05 PM

Genie,
you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide so I recommend you to use products with 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide or 2% sacylic acid. If you are going to use 5% benzoyl peroxide on your face you should put ice cubes on your face (long enough for it not to freeze on your face) then put benzoyl peroxide on you face.Then put a ice pack on your face.If it gets to cold put towels on your face.Put benzoyl peroxide every other day on your face.If it causes irritation stop using it for like 2 weeks.I tried netrogena solutions it works good for me.I am irritated to benzoyl peroxide too.I just use netrogena products.I am going to try Narture's Cure next.

#7 daytonasurf

daytonasurf

I'm a badass.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

I tried Advanced Solutions, and it didnt work for me, It made me worse. Where I didnt have pimples though was smooth, but my pimples, id break out and then get like 3 around it.

#8 lilthuy007

lilthuy007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:28 AM

i been on advanced solution for more than a month. i have moderate acne with very oily skin. this product isn't working so great for me. i been breaking out lately. not doing much to help control my acne esp near the time of the month.