Photo

what can i do about uneven skin surface?

dermabrasion chemical peel microdermabrasion hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

i had a bunch of zits on my forehead back in middle school. i get some once in a while but its pretty much clear with a few light brown spots. but i got scars over it and it doesn't look smooth, like small scars that looks horrible under certain lights. Its not really big scars, just the really small ones that makes my forehead look like its more aged than the rest of my face. I've been trying to find ways to make it smooth, i know those microdermabrasion kit for home does NOT work b/c i got a set by Homedics and it gave me more breakouts. Microdermabrasion in general will not work. Glycolic acid might, but i dont want my skin to be permanently prone to sun damage so thats out of the question. Hydroquinone causes cancer, and i'm more concerned about the shallow pits than the hyperpigmentation. Chemical peels are way too expensive, i'm only 16 and probably cant afford it, and i also heard has side effects too, like uneven skin tone and more sun damage in general. Laser is also expensive, since I'm asian, I'll probably have more chance of getting uneven skin color affter the procedure, and its also expensive. I just want a smooth forehead like everyone else, but I have no way of getting it, i see it everyday in the mirror and it kills my self esteem. If there is ANYTHING out there that can smooth it out please help me out!! sad.gif

#2 Montana

Montana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:16 AM

well a lot of the stuff you mentioned might help but u don't think u can't use them,,have u considered dermabrasion or smoothbeam?

#3 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 05:28 AM

I have the same thing on my forehead. But my forehead is the smooest part of my face. everywhere else is ten times worst. I'm also youngish like you.

The truth is you can't do bugger shit without money.

#4 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(Montana @ Nov 20 2004, 10:16 PM)
well a lot of the stuff you mentioned might help but u don't think u can't use them,,have u considered dermabrasion or smoothbeam?

View Post

can you tell me what smoothbeam is?

#5 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:21 AM

[quote=FantasyCLover,Nov 21 2004, 05:51 AM]
i had a bunch of zits on my forehead back in middle school. i get some once in a while but its pretty much clear with a few light brown spots. but i got scars over it and it doesn't look smooth, like small scars that looks horrible under certain lights. Its not really big scars, just the really small ones that makes my forehead look like its more aged than the rest of my face. I've been trying to find ways to make it smooth, i know those microdermabrasion kit for home does NOT work b/c i got a set by Homedics and it gave me more breakouts. Microdermabrasion in general will not work. Glycolic acid might, but i dont want my skin to be permanently prone to sun damage so thats out of the question. Hydroquinone causes cancer, and i'm more concerned about the shallow pits than the hyperpigmentation. Chemical peels are way too expensive, i'm only 16 and probably cant afford it, and i also heard has side effects too, like uneven skin tone and more sun damage in general. Laser is also expensive, since I'm asian, I'll probably have more chance of getting uneven skin color affter the procedure, and its also expensive. I just want a smooth forehead like everyone else, but I have no way of getting it, i see it everyday in the mirror and it kills my self esteem. If there is ANYTHING out there that can smooth it out please help me out!! sad.gif

View Post

There is a product by Perfect Complexions named A-Peel. I would recommend this for smoothing your skin as well as for your pigment problems. It is a high retinoid peeling cream. I use this and it is great for retexturizing the skin and pigment discolorations. Julie sells this on Ebay you might check her out. Her other products I don't care for but this is a winner. Over a month or 2 with weekly or biweekly use you will see a big improvement IMO. This is applied like a moisturizer (at night)and a tiny amount is all you need. Then you will flake or peel a few days later. The bottle will last for a long time. This is not an overnight treatment. This a treatment that is effective and hopefully you can afford it. 30-40.00 but lasts forever. You will need to use sunscreen. I have found that using Sycream scar cream after peeling helps also with small pitted scars. Syprex.com But then you are talking more money.

#6 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:08 PM

^hi thanks for the recommendation! But I'm only using differin at night, would i still apply the a peel the same way?

#7 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 07:49 PM

will the A-peel alone give me results?

wait nvm, its so expensive! sad.gif

Can you give me more information about
http://cgi.ebay.com/...5530722672&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

will they work the same?

I would definitely buy the A-peel if it can garantee results, can you tell me how much your scars improved after using this? does it have any dangerous side effects? please reply asap b/c i'm *really* interested in this

#8 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

[quote=FantasyCLover,Nov 22 2004, 01:49 AM]
will the A-peel alone give me results?

wait nvm, its so expensive! sad.gif

Can you give me more information about
http://cgi.ebay.com/...5530722672&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

will they work the same?

I would definitely buy the A-peel if it can garantee results, can you tell me how much your scars improved after using this? does it have any dangerous side effects? please reply asap b/c i'm *really* interested in this

View Post

[/quote
You said you had little money so I think this is a good deal that over time will produce satisfactory results. Since I can't see your scars it is difficult for me to say just what you need. Being Asian using other types of peeling agents can be risky in home use. This is a higher percent of retinoic acid that produces a mild peel or deeper peeling with more frequent application. Since it is a retinoid(RetinA type product) it will re-organize your skin cells to lay down more evenly as well as build collagen for reducing your scars. All retinoids have side effects but since you are using Differin now. I think you will do fine with this. Just email Juile off her website or EBay and ask her opinion since it is her product. I would not use differin the same time using A-peel. You have young skin and should respond well with quick healing.My skin needs more than A-Peel to correct my scars but this is part of my routine in scar correction. But my skin looks great since I have been using this peel. 2months now. It seems expensive but not compared to other retinoid peels, ie Vitalize. You might also check out LOreals new microderm product. I hear that is good. Cheap. Don't know if it will help though. For some reason I could not link to the products you were asking about, so I can't say if they are the same,sorry. A-Peel lasts forever and you will only use less than a pea size for your forehead. Julie is a trained esthetician and she can answer your questions.

#9 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:05 PM

hey thanks for the quick response. But i have another quesiton, i'm 16, will the apeel damage my skin in the long run? i kno it'll make me more prone to sun damage but i already wear an spf 15. my mom doesn't want me to get it b/c she said i'm young and a harsh peel is going to 'ruin' me. lol but i'm only using it for my forehead, and its already 'ruined' anyways O_O i just want to know the harmful side effects long term and short term? and how long until i see results? are the results permanent?

#10 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(FantasyCLover @ Nov 22 2004, 05:05 AM)
hey thanks for the quick response.  But i have another quesiton, i'm 16, will the apeel damage my skin in the long run?  i kno it'll make me more prone to sun damage but i already wear an spf 15.  my mom doesn't want me to get it b/c she said i'm young and a harsh peel is going to 'ruin' me.  lol  but i'm only using it for my forehead, and its already 'ruined' anyways O_O  i just want to know the harmful side effects long term and short term?  and how long until i see results?  are the results permanent?

View Post

Hello I realize your are young and perhaps should listen to your mother. She sees you everyday and knows your skin well by now I am sure. There are volumes of research on retinods please read up on them. an easy web search. You are using Differin read your insert for that drug. Similar side effects. One thing that I did forget with you and my apologies, because it is a very serious threat when using any retinoids is birth defects. Thus the caution is not to use it if wanting to get pregnant. But I say don't use this peel if you are having sex period. Even protected sex and birth control use is not 100%. This is a very high retinoic acid peeling agent 3%. It will peel you and the risks are there. A certain amount does become systemic, goes into the blood stream. But long term users are showing little adverse reactions, ie no liver damage etc. The skin can take on a more red hue. Sun sensitivity is a possibility. I am sun sensitive with retin A and all retinoids as many people are. You will burn more easily and the epidermis becomes thinner while the dermis becomes thicker. This is why it works. Simple explanations here for a complex medicine. You must have been to a dermatologist to get get Differin? Perhaps you should ask your doctor first, since he/she can properly evaluate your skin. There are more natural things you can do, less effective but may help. For instance one of my favorite healing microdermabrasion scubs is Derma E scar gel with added microdermabrasion crystals. Manual dermabrasion may be all you need, or weekly lactic acid peeling mild but safer. Or just adding a lactic acid or a glycolic moisturizer can slowly remodel skin damage. Please do some research. Many people here have wonderful ideas and treatmenst they have found effective.

Safer Tx may be

Weekly lactic acid peel 40-55% times 3 weeks, then no use for one week then restart cycle agian. Evaluate skin after 3 months.

Skin biology's Exfol and copper peptides AM and PM and moisturizer as needed.
You can use differin with exfol and copper peptides.

OK? Just some safer ideas for you.

#11 tj101

tj101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:44 PM

Shyana, thank you so much for mentioned about perfectcomplexion A-Peel.
I received a sample a couple of months ago and I asked for people's opinion on this forum, but I didn't really get an answer.

I was just going to ask again when I saw you reply...thanks for mentioning it.

Just have a couple of questions. I got this sample with the purchase of TCA Turbo. I read on Julie's website about the A-Peel and it seems wonderful. It seems better than TCA and supposedly faster too.

I really want to try it, but since it's related to Retin-A, I'm so scared to use it. Retin-A is the reason why I have scars in the first place. Prior to using Retin-A I would get some big zits, but I never got scars after they went away. After using Retin-A, pretty much every zit a got left a scar sad.gif

So you see why I'm scared of using Retin-A/related products. How similar would you say the A-Peel is to Retin-A? Would you think it would also leave my skin prone to scarring like Retin-A?

Since I'm going to probably give it a try anyway, can you tell how you apply it and how much. Also, I'd like know if hurts/stings, not that I mind that much about the stinging, I just want to know in case it happens if it's normal.

Thanks [smile.gif]

#12 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(tj101 @ Nov 22 2004, 10:44 PM)
Shyana, thank you so much for mentioned about perfectcomplexion A-Peel.
I received a sample a couple of months ago and I asked for people's opinion on this forum, but I didn't really get an answer.

I was just going to ask again when I saw you reply...thanks for mentioning it.

Just have a couple of questions. I got this sample with the purchase of TCA Turbo. I read on Julie's website about the A-Peel and it seems wonderful. It seems better than TCA and supposedly faster too.

I really want to try it, but since it's related to Retin-A, I'm so scared to use it. Retin-A is the reason why I have scars in the first place. Prior to using Retin-A I would get some big zits, but I never got scars after they went away. After using Retin-A, pretty much every zit a got left a scar sad.gif

So you see why I'm scared of using Retin-A/related products. How similar would you say the A-Peel is to Retin-A? Would you think it would also leave my skin prone to scarring like Retin-A?

Since I'm going to probably give it a try anyway, can you tell how you apply it and how much. Also, I'd like know if hurts/stings, not that I mind that much about the stinging, I just want to know in case it happens if it's normal.

Thanks [smile.gif]

View Post

Hello tj101,

This is a higher strength retin A, 3%(tretinoin)is what I was told. However others have told me that Julie said it is 3% retinol. The labeling says retinoic acid, which makes it tretinoin and not retinol. Either way it is a retinoid and acts like retin A. So if you had problems with scarring with retinA you will have problems with this and even more so. This peel can take several layers of epidermis at once and quickly.

IMO the reason you may have worse scarring from this (and possibly could have with other peels) is that your acne lesions may have left tunnels (sinus tracts) in the upper dermis and lower epidermis . These sinus tracts are often unroofed with peels, dermabrasion, and lasers. This can look like new scars but what they are is left over tunnels that never filled in. Some need to be grafted after being unroofed, they can be quilte large.

Another likely possibility is you may be allergic to retinoids. This happens. This can cause a deeper inflammation and destruction of the follicles and possibly base membrane. So the lesions you are trying to heal actually become worse.creating scars. So if I were you I would not use any retinoids if I had this experience.

A-peel does not burn at all. It is has a mositurizing base and is soothing to put on. But just like any retinoid, using water will increase irritation. So have a dry face before applying .Cleanse the face gently with as little water as possible during the peeling phase and afterwards for a few days.. That is if you decide to use it. This will help keep the inflammation limited. A pea size amount for the face is all you need. I would do just one application and then wait and see how your skin reacts. Perhaps a patch test too before you go full face, ie on the neck by the ear. If you respond well then try a liitle on your jaw or temple. If this works well then you a can do your face. OK? Then see how it works and go from there. But like I said this may not be the right product for your skin type. Best wishes

#13 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(Shyana @ Nov 22 2004, 09:14 AM)
Hello I realize your are young and perhaps should listen to your mother. She sees you everyday and knows your skin well by now I am sure. There are volumes of research on retinods please read up on them. an easy web search. You are using Differin read your insert for that drug. Similar side effects. One thing that I did forget with you and my apologies, because it is a very serious threat when using any retinoids is birth defects. Thus the caution is not to use it if wanting to get pregnant. But I say don't use this peel if you are having sex period. Even protected sex and birth control use is not 100%. This is a very high retinoic acid peeling agent 3%. It will peel  you and the risks are there.  A certain amount does become systemic, goes into the blood stream.  But long term users are showing little adverse reactions, ie no liver damage etc. The skin can take on a more red hue. Sun sensitivity is a possibility. I am sun sensitive with retin A and all retinoids as many people are. You will burn more easily and the epidermis becomes thinner while the dermis becomes thicker. This is why it works. Simple explanations here for a complex medicine.  You must have been to a dermatologist to get get Differin? Perhaps you should ask your doctor first, since he/she can properly evaluate your skin.  There are more natural things you can do, less effective but may help. For instance one of my favorite healing microdermabrasion scubs is  Derma E scar gel with added microdermabrasion crystals.  Manual dermabrasion may be all you need, or weekly lactic acid peeling mild but safer. Or just adding a lactic acid or a glycolic moisturizer can slowly remodel skin damage.  Please do some research. Many people here have wonderful ideas and treatmenst they have found effective.

Safer Tx may be

Weekly lactic acid peel 40-55% times 3 weeks, then no use for one week then restart  cycle agian. Evaluate skin after 3 months.

Skin biology's Exfol and copper peptides AM and PM and moisturizer as needed.
You can use differin with exfol and copper peptides.

OK? Just some safer ideas for you.

View Post

Hey! I heard that copper peptide is really good for acne scars? where can i get it? how should i use it? and how effective is it? does it work for physical scars too? or just the discoloration? and what is exfol?

currently i'm using the vinegar method, its been a week now and my forehead looks SOOOOOOOOO much better. What is your opinion on the use of vinegar for acne scars? Also, your first reply, you said something about the sycream, it is a little expensive but can you give me more information on it? How does it work? I went on the website and it didn't explain much. Would i apply it at night? Do they sell sycream on ebay?

I have a microdermabrasion kit by homedics, i had it since last christmas. Every time i used it i got MORE AND MORE breakouts. So i stopped using it. I dont think microdermabrasion will work for me, or maybe i'm not doing it correctly.
and one more question, will my shallow scars ever go away by itself? i know it wont be perfect, but some of the ones i had 3 years ago are barely visible now, but i had a few new ones that looks like enlarged pores eusa_wall.gif would the vinegar/differin and some minor exfoliation help eventually to smooth it out? I'm in desperate search for a more effective method, like glycolic acid/chemical peel, but i'm too young and i dont want to damage my skin either.

edit: oh and about the lactic acid, how effective is it and what are the side effects? does it also damage the skin? and what percentage should i use? where can i get it?

#14 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(FantasyCLover @ Nov 23 2004, 07:08 PM)
Hey!  I heard that copper peptide is really good for acne scars?  where can i get it?  how should i use it?  and how effective is it?  does it work for physical scars too?  or just the discoloration?  and what is exfol?

currently i'm using the vinegar method, its been a week now and my forehead looks SOOOOOOOOO much better.  What is your opinion on the use of vinegar for acne scars?  Also, your first reply, you said something about the sycream, it is a little expensive but can you give me more information on it?  How does it work?  I went on the website and it didn't explain much.  Would i apply it at night?  Do they sell sycream on ebay?

I have a microdermabrasion kit by homedics, i had it since last christmas.  Every time i used it i got MORE AND MORE breakouts.  So i stopped using it.  I dont think microdermabrasion will work for me, or maybe i'm not doing it correctly. 
and one more question, will my shallow scars ever go away by itself?  i know it wont be perfect, but some of the ones i had 3 years ago are barely visible now, but i had a few new ones that looks like enlarged pores eusa_wall.gif  would the vinegar/differin and some minor exfoliation help eventually to smooth it out?  I'm in desperate search for a more effective method, like glycolic acid/chemical peel, but i'm too young and i dont want to damage my skin either.

edit:  oh and about the lactic acid, how effective is it and what are the side effects?  does it also damage the skin?  and what percentage should i use?  where can i get it?

View Post

Hello

Copper pepitdes work for many people but others have no use for them. I have used Dr.Pickart's first generation copper peptides(Neova, Osmotics and Neutragena) for years with great results for antiaging. 2 years ago I switched to his newer formulation for scar repair. I have had great success with his methods added to my own. His cp's saved my face from an huge excision mishap and my face is barely scarred, meaning there is hardly any fibrosis to it , very little white collagen. If the surgeon had done his job right I would have no sign of a scar at all!

His site is www.skinbiology.com

He recommends using a beta hydroxy acid for acne scars (his Exfol) to remove scar tissure and then the coppepr peptides to rebuild. OK? Please go to his site. You can order these off Ebay as well. I would just get the regular copper peptides to start.

I have used vinegar for years on my face and hair. It is a staple. I think that since you are responding well with this, then you have a good chance less drastic measures are needed. This is good. You are young and have lots of growth hormones going on which is great for healing. The body will remodel the scars for years to come and many improve and disappear. My most severe acne scars from teen years were barely seen by my 30's. So hang on, there is hope.

Lactic acid is a mild peel. This will gently resurface your skin and bring moisture to the epidermis. It is considered the glow peel, because it brings life back into a dull damaged complexion. (Think Cleopatra with her milk baths, same concept, lactic acid in milk.) I suggested weekly peels but I don't think you are experienced enough to handle it. You will need to educate yourself some before using. It is an easy peel to do and many people here do these all the time. But the side effects can be a burn deeper than you wanted. 40% peeling is all I would do on you, with 30 seconds of contact on the face then neutralize with a baking soda water mixture, 1/4 tsp baking soda in a cup of water. Once you see how your skin reacts then you can increase the time on the face but no more than 3 minutes. I am not sure of retail places you can buy this as I get mine from suppliers to the trade(medical esthetics). Please ask other people here where to buy for home use. Another possibility is using glycolic acid creams, ie Hydrox Glycolic face cream for example, Target, Walmart. A cheap product but a good one. This has the correct balance and pH for remodeling the skin over a period of time. Using any beta hydroxy acid or alpha hydroxy acid along with the copper peptides is great. You can still use differin too. For example

AM

Copper peptide
Exfol or Hydrox glycolic (there are other good glycolic creams in Walmart etc)
suncsreen

PM
copper peptide
differin

Weekly scrub using Derma E Scar Gel with added microdermabrasion crystals.
This will not break you out like most dermabrasion creams. (You also may add baking soda to some of your cleanser and scrub with this, cheap and effective)

Or- use the weekly lactic acid peels as stated.

OK there are numerous ways to help your skin. This is just something I know will change your skin.

Sycream has a blend of ceramides that are found in the skins matrix and this helps seal in moisture for healing. I have tried every scar formuation and wound care dressing for scars and this is the best IMO. You would apply this after other products twice a day. For example copper peptide then Sycream.

On the lactic acid peel, my 21 year old daughter has a flawless complexion. She has inherited my acne genes, used accutane etc for cystic acne. But she has no scars, no acne. The only thing she uses is weekly lactic acid peels and daily copper peptides, not even exfol. . She is lazy in her skin care but you can't believe she ever had to take accutane! She did have scarring from her cysts on her cheeks they are gone. She has been doing this for 2 years. She had accutane at 17. It is a wonderful peel when used correctly. I have written a book here. I hope you do your homework and feel free to ask others for advice. Do some searches here and on the web. Many of your questions have been answered on this board already.. I am leaving for the holiday. Best wishes.

#15 tj101

tj101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:37 PM

-->>Shyana, thank you again very much for your response.

I wrote an email to Julie to know her opinion.

I'm going to do a patch test and see how it goes.

I don't think I'm allergic to Retinoids since I've used products containing Retinol and I haven't had any problems. Also, when I used Retin-A, I had very good results the first few months.
I think you're probably right when you mention about the tunnels. So maybe me getting scars after using Retin-A was just a coincidence or part of the healing process when using Retin-A.
I just thought Retin-A was the culprit since many people here attribute their scars to Retin-A

I have very mild to mild-moderate scars. Mainly concentrated on my cheeks and right temple. I never really had acne during my teens, it was very mild. For some reason over the period of a couple of months when I was 18(I'm 22 now) I had a period of moderate acne, which went away after a couple of months and it left me red marks - not scars.
That's when I started using Retin-A and started seeing I was getting some scars. But like you said, they probably were just tunnels left from previous lesions and Retin-A just unroofed them in part of the healing process.

I was just reading a paper about Retinoids and it said that of all the Retinoids, Retinoic Acid is the only one capable of cellular reconstruction. Retinoids like Retinol are converted to Retinoic Acid when applied to the skin. The reason why most Retinol products are not very effective is because they don't contain enough Retinol for the skin to convert it to Retinoic Acid. Higher concentrations of Retinol prove effective minus the more probable irritaion of Retinoic Acid.

I just have another question, are you using A-Peel cream or serum? And what do you apply it with, bare finger, use gloves, etc.?

-->>FantasyCLover, you can get copper peptides at skinbio.com
Order the acne test kit(I think that's what it's called) I think it costs $20 and it should last you for a while. It includes copper peptide cream and serum. Plus Exfol, in cream and serum. So you can tell which products work best for you. There's a lot of info on their website. They're effective and actually very good for acne.

You can't do microdermabrasion unless you have your acne under control. The ingredients in the creams could also cause breakouts. I did have good results with a home microdermsion kit. But not as good as with TCA Peels. The most effective way I've found to keep acne under control is the vitamin B5(Pantothnic Acid) regimen.

#16 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

wow hey thanks for the long responses! I'm really interested in copper peptide, but there's another thread on this forum that said it actually made their scars 'worse'? is that possible?

and the glycolic cream, i went to walmart many times looking for something with glycolic in it but i couldnt find any. Is there a common brand at walmart that has it? I found bunch of hydroquinone cream but not glycolic. Also, doesn't glycolic make the skin sensitive to sun damage? so does it not damage the skin in the long run?

#17 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:26 PM

oh and i talked to julie, and she said i needed protein for my scars, she recommended the Royal Jelly, does anybody have any info on this? how does it work? SHe recommended that instead of the A-peel b/c i'm too young for it.

can i get the exfol and cp at the store?

#18 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:21 PM

hey i found a copper peptide serum on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...mMakeTrack=true

will that work as well? i think its cheaper this way than buying it directly from the skinbio site. I dont know if this will work as good though so help me out eusa_doh.gif

ohhhh i found a set of exfol AND cp serum,

http://cgi.ebay.com/...mMakeTrack=true

user posted image

that would work right? i think its so much cheaper! the seller mentioned Dr. Pickart in her description of these two items. it would work the same way?

edit:sorry for the long post but i came up with another question while going through the FAQ at skinbio, it said something about washing the copper peptide off? I'm a little confused about that. I apply the CP at night and the Exfol in the morning. Do i have to wash them off before applying sunscreen in the morning and differin after the cp at night?

it also said the exfol and cp can make ur scars worse when u start out but eventually it evens it out. has anyone used this? can you tell me ur success story?

#19 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:57 AM

tj1o1

There are higher percent creams of retinol that are effective and many people like these over RetinA and its analogs. Green Cream has a new one with higher retinol. I hear it is very good. I breakout with any retinoids but do better with all trans retinoic acid, =tretinoin,= RetinA. Many people have more breakouts with retinol, retinal etc. Sometimes using any retinoid will give an initial breakout then it subsides. So just to let you know this can happen. Also you should never use retinoids for long periods of time without a break. It is important to let the skin calm and do what is natural. Retinoids constantly stimulate cellular turnover and have a direct affect on cellular DNA. So since you are young you do not need this rapid increase in tunover. It sounds like you reached a plateau with retin A the first month having good results and then it got worse. This is your skin telling you it has had enough. At this time to strenghen the healing and not damage the skin further you should switch to a more benign product such as L'ascorbic acid serum and possibly magnesim ascorbyl phospahtes, ie Mag C . This will continue to produce collagen and heal the damage from retinA, ie redness and heal epidermal irritation. If not used properly any retinoid can damage the skin, and for some even using it correctly harms their skin, as reported.

I use the A-peel cream, I did not know she had a serum. It is just like any moisturizer, does not burn so I apply it with my finger tip. I think she said use an applicator, why bother? IMO... Just a peas size for the entire face. Then wash your hands. It does not burn and then you will flake or or shed layers of skin in a few days, depending on how much you applied and how often.

#20 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2004 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(FantasyCLover @ Nov 23 2004, 11:26 PM)
oh and i talked to julie, and she said i needed protein for my scars, she recommended the Royal Jelly, does anybody have any info on this?  how does it work?  SHe recommended that instead of the A-peel b/c i'm too young for it.

can i get the exfol and cp at the store?

View Post

I don't like her royal jelly. It did nothing but break me out. I think taking added protein supplements(shakes, protein bars etc.) is a better idea. Also adding extra quercetin will help with your scar tissue. ( a bioflavonoid from grapefruits etc.) 1000mg extra /day/with C and make sure your are getting a good multi vitamin/mineral. If your are low on calcium you won't heal properly either. You can also take royal jelly supplements. I have not seen royal jelly work for scars, but it does help the immune system, so this may prevent scars.