Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dudeman

My break-outs have stopped...

79 posts in this topic

Humans are supposed to eat meat. The fact that some believe we have some greater good to deprive ourselves of our normal food is like a lion deciding not kill a hyena because he can get by on nuts and fruits.

The proportions of protein in plant sources is simply too small to fill the daily requirement. Corn and rice, for example have just 2 to 5 grams of protein per serving. You'd have to eat at least 10 servings, in addition to a couple servings of beans for the complete protein, ate within the same day, to meet the RDA requirement of 50 grams. However, those belong to the grain category, which we know is not good for acne. Eating 10 servings is simply unacceptable.

In contrast, each serving of skinless white turkey or chicken breast contains 25 g of complete protein, while containing very small amount of saturated fat. Just 2 servings would fulfill the daily requirement. Ironically, 2 servings of meat is also the recommended RDA for the meat group. Low in saturated fat, doesn't affect acne, provide the complete protein without having to combine with another food group, I know what I'd choose, as far as fulfilling my recommended daily protein intake.