Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My break-outs have stopped...

79 posts in this topic

Cruelty to animals is a human created idea. It's not cruelty when a lion kills a baby antelope but it's cruelty when I eat a chicken?

"Ben, YOU are a silly, silly man.

Such ignorance should technically make you a bona fide cretin.

Good luck with that. eusa_whistle.gif"

I love that your post made a statement without actually saying what I'm "ignorant" about. At least I can say that your lack of a point makes you a bona fide cretin.

"Human's aren't physically designed to be carnivores (we don't chase down and catch the meats we eat naturally). "

Um... yes we are. Chasing down is not a sign of carnivore -- killing for intention to eat is. And it still goes on in parts of the world.

That's idiotic -- some of the slowest creatures on the planet can be carnivores; however, humans can run up to 20 miles an hour which is comparable to the rate of many African animals that feed only on meat. Our lack of sharp teeth and claws is the result of our evolution in which our brain is used to hunt animals; huge animals that can claw out animals have tiny brains.

You're making a shitty argument about humans being designed to not eat meat.

That's idiotic -- some of the slowest creatures on the planet can be carnivores;

Deer have pretty sharp teeth -- again, I don't understand why you want me to name you animals with "claws, sharp teeth, and venom" that don't eat meat. Carnivores are defined by eating meat -- but your argument that you need to have gigantic "obvious" signs is flawed beyond belief. Tons of shore dwelling creatures are carnivores (many mollusc, for example. Sea Stars, too, are carnivores).

"When i talk about physical traits, I'm not talking about brain size. When I say we aren't physically designed to be carnivores, I'm not talking about brain size or intent.

When people go to the gym to enhance their "physical" fitness, its not about brains its about their muscular and cardiovascular strength."

That's, again, an idiot argument. My point is that humans have evolved the ability to survive longer by doing away with the primitive evolutionary need to be fast and have sharp claws to catch food -- our brains evolved to outsmart large animals while posing ourselves less bodily harm; not to psych out our local apple tree.

Deer have pretty sharp teeth -- again, I don't understand why you want me to name you animals with "claws, sharp teeth, and venom" that don't eat meat. Carnivores are defined by eating meat -- but your argument that you need to have gigantic "obvious" signs is flawed beyond belief. Tons of shore dwelling creatures are carnivores (many mollusc, for example. Sea Stars, too, are carnivores).

"When i talk about physical traits, I'm not talking about brain size. When I say we aren't physically designed to be carnivores, I'm not talking about brain size or intent.

When people go to the gym to enhance their "physical" fitness, its not about brains its about their muscular and cardiovascular strength."

That's, again, an idiot argument. My point is that humans have evolved the ability to survive longer by doing away with the primitive evolutionary need to be fast and have sharp claws to catch food -- our brains evolved to outsmart large animals while posing ourselves less bodily harm; not to psych out our local apple tree.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

"We are not evolved due to our own mistakes of eating meat.

Nature designed us to be plant eaters.

We cannot force evolution in any direction we may choose."

1) Mistake? There were times in history where without our ability to eat meat, we would've gone extinct (think severe drought or cold periods when humans survived only on animals).

2) Nature didn't design us to be plant eaters.

3) Evolution is dictated by behavior. We can very well force evolution anyway we choose. If we moved to Antarctica, expect humans to become much hairier over several thousand years.

"We are not evolved due to our own mistakes of eating meat.

Nature designed us to be plant eaters.

We cannot force evolution in any direction we may choose."

1) Mistake? There were times in history where without our ability to eat meat, we would've gone extinct (think Ice Age-like periods when humans survived only on animals).

2) Nature didn't design us to be plant eaters.

3) Evolution is dictated by behavior. We can very well force evolution anyway we choose. If we moved to Antarctica, expect humans to become much hairier over several thousand years.

"We may eat meat only in limited amounts. This is natures law. Look at the structure of our teeth.

Secondly we must not forget that no human has been able to defy nature and tolerate temperatures like in cold places of the north or south pole without heavy clothing and body protection.

We cannot evolve according to our own design."

Our teeth? We have wisdom teeth, most likely, because of our previous dependence on raw meat.

We can evolve according to our design -- we can't brave the North or South pole because of limits imposed by our current state. However, polar bears can brave the poles while their grizzly cousins cannot.

"We may eat meat only in limited amounts. This is natures law. Look at the structure of our teeth.

Secondly we must not forget that no human has been able to defy nature and tolerate temperatures like in cold places of the north or south pole without heavy clothing and body protection.

We cannot evolve according to our own design."

Our teeth? We have wisdom teeth, most likely, because of our previous dependence on raw meat.

We can evolve according to our design -- we can't brave the North or South pole because of limits imposed by our current state. However, polar bears can brave the poles while their grizzly cousins cannot.

"We are talking about solving our acne problem in our current state.

And our current state is very close to that of our ancestors who live in warm tropical forests eating plants and fruits.

So it follows our current diet must follow that smile.gif"

If you really believe that all of our ancestors (whose "current state" is very close to ours [what the hell does that mean?]) lived in warm tropical rain forests, then you are an idiot.

"We are talking about solving our acne problem in our current state.

And our current state is very close to that of our ancestors who live in warm tropical forests eating plants and fruits.

So it follows our current diet must follow that smile.gif"

If you really believe that all of our ancestors (whose "current state" is very close to ours [what the hell does that mean?]) lived in warm tropical rain forests, then you are an idiot.

Carnivores are defined by eating meat -- but your argument that you need to have gigantic "obvious" signs is flawed beyond belief.

Exactly. What part of this do you not understand? Animals that rely on their physical strength to kill don't live very long and have harder lives. Evolution's goal is to help perpetuate life and make it easier to do so. Your "theory" has no merit as carnivore is defined simply as an animal that eats meat. Humans always have and always will so your definition is wrong in the first place.

Again, if you can be "flexible" with starfish and say that their lack of claws is because they have suction cups, drills, and poison, then you're a hypocrite for not thinking that our lack of claws is because of our amazing brains and knack for making our weapons. Notice the connection, for example, between brain size and physical possession of claws? The smaller the brain gets, the bigger the claws generally get. I'm trying to remember the name of the biologist who said that humans are the most effective hunters because they don't have to be attached to a spear when they want to be.

Furthermore, new evidence suggests that humans evolved the ability to be endurance runners to directly compete with the faster carnivores of Africa. How would you dispute two million year old evidence?

65% of BenKweller's posts are in the diet/holistic health forum...yet he's against the idea of diet affecting acne. Why does BenKweller spend so much of his time in a forum he clearly has no intention of taking heed to?

I'm starting to realize the obvious - the primary reason BenKweller has for coming to this forum is to argue and dispute because he enjoys it. He never cites sources of information, or explains his convictions in a clear, detailed manner - so you can rule out the possibility of trying to be informative and educational. Always has to flame in the end as well, showing the need to boost his ego by indirectly stating others have lower levels of intelligence (which I plan on reporting from now on ^^).

I'm done wasting my time with BenKweller. smile.gif

65% of  BenKweller's posts are in the diet/holistic health forum...yet he's against the idea of diet affecting acne.  Why does BenKweller spend so much of his time in a forum he clearly has no intention of taking heed to?   

I'm starting to realize the obvious - the primary reason BenKweller has for coming to this forum is to argue and dispute because he enjoys it.  He never cites sources of information, or explains his convictions in a clear, detailed manner - so you can rule out the possibility of trying to be informative and educational.  Always has to flame in the end as well, showing the need to boost his ego by indirectly stating others have lower levels of intelligence (which I plan on reporting from now on ^^). 

I'm done wasting my time with BenKweller.  smile.gif

No great deed, private or public, has ever been undertaken in a bliss of certainty. - Leon Wieseltier -

"65% of BenKweller's posts are in the diet/holistic health forum...yet he's against the idea of diet affecting acne. Why does BenKweller spend so much of his time in a forum he clearly has no intention of taking heed to?"

I love researching a connection between anything and anything -- I don't see what you're trying to point through by saying that I have no right to be on this forum just because I don't believe in a connection. I'm the board skeptic -- I pass the bullshit filter when people say, "Don't touch meat! It'll cause ALL YOUR ACNE!!!!!"

I don't see someone saying, "I have gotten my point across;" I see a copout. You clearly just have run out of actual points in your case so instead of ending it like a reasonable person, you want to just discredit me. That's fine -- but when you can't fight your own fights (or debates, I don't think this is a fight) you only hurt yourself.

"Hence, the reason Ben is not exactly respected around here."

I'm not respected by those who dislike putting their assumptions to the test -- but I've gotten many PMs over the last few months from people thanking me for actually being a voice of reason on a board that often steers toward blind following. Maria's main problem with me is that I disputed her "Doctors suck! Vaccines are pointless!" argument.

EDIT: Forget it, you're not worth the trouble.

No great deed, private or public, has ever been undertaken in a bliss of certainty. - Leon Wieseltier -

Hi guys haven't posted in a while. This diet sounds pretty interesting. Would you like to share some of your favorite recipes for us?

And it seems all BenKweller does is start arguments and derail threads from their original intent. I'd like to see relevant posts not pages of pointless argument.

I'd say BenKweller generates better posts than 90% of this board. Though that's not particularly hard considering most of you are utter retards.

"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke