Photo

BenKweller, you might be right.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:25 PM

Lumas....chill out, dude. I will repeat this one more time: I WOULD NEVER DO AN ASCORBIC ACID FLUSH. You have nothing to do with it, nor your experience. I would not take that much vitamin c at one time....regardless. I am not even THAT familiar with it. If you want to jump on the holistic bashing bandwagon, go right ahead if it will make you feel better. Just rest assured that in terms of treating acne, colon cleansing and liver flushing are pretty harmless, and that is the bottom line.

I am not even that familiar with the ascorbic acid flush, and would never attempt it because the vitamin c dosage is just simply too high. And that's the bottom line on that. eusa_naughty.gif

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but in all honesty.....if you think that taking antibiotics indefinately and taking accutane is less risky than what you have been doing to clear your acne, that's fine with me. Those two things have been "tested" too, don't forget. eek.gif idea.gif eusa_think.gif

I'm clear. I'm fine. I do liver flushes. My 11 year old son does liver flushes. I just found out that an R.N. I know does liver flushes, but she puts beet juice in hers, and she's just fine too.

Any medicine can harm anyone at any time; it depends on the individual's body. I've read plenty of message boards where people lost their hearing, their night vision, and had many other complications from Accutane. Accutane has been tested too. Again.......if you believe that Ben is right, and that you have been experiencing a placebo effect, that's cool with me.

Again....sorry you had a bad experience, but there is no need to get frustrated or angry with me. I ain't your enemy. And no, I only take 2,000 mgs. of vitamin c a day and that's it for me. I probably would never take any more than that, ever. Cleansing with herbs is one, but trying to cause diarrhea with a vitamin is quite different. It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

#22 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

Here is just a few of the many links you can find about an absorbic acid flush. Some are not exactly the same.

http://curezone.com/...asp?f=400&i=177
http://curezone.com/...asp?f=400&i=192

Some people take up to 500 GRAMS a day.

I am not agaisnt liver flushing, but to say there is no risk is just stupid.

#23 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:16 PM

Liverflushing is only risky with people who have severely atrophied gallbladders, Lumas, and that's all. I have even stated on this forum who SHOULD NOT do them..........normal, healthy, young people with no history of gallbladder disease should do fine doing liverflushes.

#24 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:56 PM

I would have to agree to Denise, Lumas. There were recent studies about Ascorbic Acid linking to the hardening of arteries. I have posted it somewhere in the lounge, I'll go check

http://www.acne.org/...ndpost&p=372206

Edited by Andrei, 23 November 2004 - 06:09 PM.

#25 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 08:09 AM

16. Is there a certain "liver cleanse" recipe that you go with? Like olive oil, lemon and garlic? Do you recommend a certain way of cleansing the liver?

The best way to cleanse your liver is to keep harmful substances out of your body. The most sensible liver flush I have seen is recommended by Christopher Hobbs, L,Ac.:

1. Take one cup of fresh squeezed orange juice. Add some lemon to the point the mix tastes sour. You can water down the final mix to make it more palatable.
2. Add the juice of 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic (using a garlic press). Grate in some raw fresh ginger root as well.
3. Mix in 1 tablespoon of high quality olive oil, blend this in (or shake it well in a glass container) and then drink it up. (Yummy!)
4. Follow up with two cups of cleansing herbal tea. There are many available at health food stores today.
5. Drink this in the morning after a bit of stretching and deep breathing, then do not eat or drink anything else for one hour. The recommendation is to do this for 10 days during every change of season. Incidentally, I do not like the liver flush that involves large amounts of olive oil and lemon juice. This can put a real shock and strain on your liver.

http://www.liversupp...m/interview.htm

We have received two cases reports of gall bladder crisis required emergency cholecystectomy, induced by a liver flush flushing a stone into the gall duct and causing its blockage.

Copyright 2001 Paul Bergner 171

http://medherb.com/T...Liver_flush.htm

Warning to people who take INSULIN:

After you do a gall stone cleanse, check your insulin levels before taking any insulin. Otherwise you may suffer insulin shock, from making your insulin levels too high. This happened to one woman in her 30s 4 days after flushing out her gallstones.

But still I wondered how I could have had so many gallstones at my age and health. Their soft, translucent and gelatinous consistency also made question whether they were actually cholesterol stones.

I decided to do some research. The first thing I learned was that some people believe the gelatinous green balls are probably not gallstones. Several sources, including the naturopathic doctors Michael Murray and Joseph Pizzorno, said that "gallstones" typically passed during the liver flush are not really gallstones but simply soft complexes of mineral, olive oil and lemon juice produced within the digestive tract.

The liver flush is also theoretically unsafe for people who have gallstones. The large amount of oil causes the gallbladder to contract, making it possible for a gallstone to become lodged in the narrow opening of the gallbladder and necessitate emergency gallbladder surgery. Since gallstones are common in North America and many people with gallstones are asymptomatic, the absence of gallbladder-related symptoms does not mean an absence of risk. This procedure should only be done under the supervision of a trained health practitioner.

References

1. Kelley WD. One answer to cancer, 1999. [http://www.whale.to/cancer/k/Chapter_4.html]
2. Mills S, Bone K. Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy. London: Churchill Livingstone, 2000; 57-8.
3. Murray M, Pizzorno J. Textbook of Natural Medicine Vol.1 and 2. Edinburgh: Harcourt Publishers, 1999

It is only performed after doing Kidney and Liver Cleanses and an Antiparasitic Regimen. If these steps are not performed first, the liver cleanse can be a traumatic experience since the amount of refuse produced by the cleanse can tax the kidneys if they are not clean, and parasites can block the flow of bile, leading to painful pressure.

#26 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:49 AM

Ha, that first liver cleanse you put up lumuas was something I do everyday but not in that order. I usually have a big glass of on-concentrate orange juice with lemon in it(don't ask) every morning. I also eat garlic, ginger, and olive oil with almost every meal. After a meal I usually drink a few cups of tea like green, white, burdock, milk thistle, etc...love tea(the green and white tea doesn't interefere and may aid in digestion). Although the above isn't done at one time.

Didn't know cramming all that together would be good for the liver.

#27 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

It isn't. Nor is it bad, though.

#28 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2004 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Lumas @ Nov 23 2004, 06:09 AM)
It is only performed after doing Kidney and Liver Cleanses and an Antiparasitic Regimen. If these steps are not performed first, the liver cleanse can be a traumatic experience since the amount of refuse produced by the cleanse can tax the kidneys if they are not clean, and parasites can block the flow of bile, leading to painful pressure.

View Post

That's why I'm following the recommended regimen.

#29 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Lumas @ Nov 23 2004, 07:09 AM)
16. Is there a certain "liver cleanse" recipe that you go with? Like olive oil, lemon and garlic? Do you recommend a certain way of cleansing the liver?

The best way to cleanse your liver is to keep harmful substances out of your body. The most sensible liver flush I have seen is recommended by Christopher Hobbs, L,Ac.:

1. Take one cup of fresh squeezed orange juice. Add some lemon to the point the mix tastes sour. You can water down the final mix to make it more palatable.
  2. Add the juice of 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic (using a garlic press). Grate in some raw fresh ginger root as well.
  3. Mix in 1 tablespoon of high quality olive oil, blend this in (or shake it well in a glass container) and then drink it up. (Yummy!)
  4. Follow up with two cups of cleansing herbal tea. There are many available at health food stores today.
  5. Drink this in the morning after a bit of stretching and deep breathing, then do not eat or drink anything else for one hour. The recommendation is to do this for 10 days during every change of season. Incidentally, I do not like the liver flush that involves large amounts of olive oil and lemon juice. This can put a real shock and strain on your liver.

http://www.liversupp...m/interview.htm

Well, that liver flush sounds quite reasonable. Have you tried it yet?