Photo
- - - - -

Scars n active acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 renyc24

renyc24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:16 PM

HI,
I am 29 asian male having problem with acne on chest, back and my arms.
The acne is not so bad but my concern is more on the scars that it leaves
behind. What is a good body wash and lotion that can help with the scarring.
I asked skinstore and they asked me to try out Peter Thomas Roth BPO body wash but i wanted to ask from others if there is other products that can keep the skin clear and control the breakouts. Plus what are the products that can help with the scarring as it looks very unhealthy and does not have a nice tone.

Any comments would be highly appreciated

Regards

#2 Flutie34

Flutie34

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:02 PM

I tried the Phisoderm Clear Confidence Acne BodyWash for body acne.
That didn't work at all.
The product that really brought down my body acne was Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub with salicylic acid. After I used the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub. I would then use the Aveeno clear complexion cleansing bar.
It has 0.5 percent Salicylic Acid. It also has Soy, Vitamins B5, C and E in it.

The best lotion i'v tried for body acne was Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment. It has 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid and 2 percent salicylic acid.

I would also say, my body reacted so much better to SA products, then BP products.

#3 renyc24

renyc24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2004 - 08:03 PM

HI Flutie

Thanks for sharing your experiences on this matter. I did ask skinstore on this problem and they recommended some body wash for acne on body.

One of them is Peter Thomas Roth Medicated BPO 5% wash. However i have not decided which one i wanted to try first as i wanted to get feedback from the users here on their experiences dealing with body acne.

I didnt want to see the dermatologist as i know that they will prescribe some antibiotics or drugs that are only temporary measures and also will have bad effects on my liver in the long run.

Btw, does the products that u use exfoliate ur skin?

#4 Flutie34

Flutie34

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 103
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:40 PM

Both the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub and Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment exfoliate the skin. There good for redmarks and blemishes.

#5 Flutie34

Flutie34

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 10:46 PM

Here's information about the Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment.

http://www.cosmetics...C570&PAGETYPE=S

#6 leet

leet

She dreams in digital....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 103
About Me

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:26 AM

After i am done my current body regimen i think i will go with Flutie's to maintain it.

Currently I am using Neutrogena body scrub (once a night) and i alternate nights with mama lotion (mandelic/malic acid) and lotion if i am dry (burt's bees carrot nutritive).

I really want to try that paula's choice but i spent so much money on new stuff that i want to wait a while til i keep buying more! lol

so far mine is going great... and i am half thai/caucasin.

I would use SA instead of BP unless u want to wear white all the time. lol

30 mg Claravis
(started May 26 2011) 1st month
40 mg Amnesteen (2nd month)

Aquaphor for lips (or blistex)
Cetaphil wash (the kind you do not need water for) <3
Eucerin Q10 anti wrinkle lotion (plus a drop of emu oil) and aloe gel mixed together

Bare esscentuals mineral makeup or No7 liquid makeup (the long wearing kind)

Any other older acne.org members on accutane please send me a message!

#7 ecsrun2

ecsrun2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(leet @ Nov 27 2004, 01:26 PM)
After i am done my current body regimen i think i will go with Flutie's to maintain it.

Currently I am using Neutrogena body scrub (once a night) and i alternate nights with mama lotion (mandelic/malic acid) and lotion if i am dry (burt's bees carrot nutritive).

I really want to try that paula's choice but i spent so much money on new stuff that i want to wait a while til i keep buying more! lol

so far mine is going great... and i am half thai/caucasin.

I would use SA instead of BP unless u want to wear white all the time. lol

View Post

I can't emphasize this enough! But using just an exfoliator (SA/retina/differen/any acid) will work wonders for your skin, BUT it will not kill the actual acne causing bacteria. I'd highly recommend using BP, tea tree oil, or a topical antibiotic in addition to the exfoliator!

If the BP bothers you by staining your clothes, then use it in the shower (such as the clean and clear 10% BP facial wash). Remember if your acne is deep below the skin such as large nodular cysts, you need to get on an oral antibiotic or accutate, as a topical solution will do VERY LITTLE for your acne.

#8 renyc24

renyc24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:45 PM

Hi,
Is it advisable to perform laser on the body for acne scarring? Say on the chest/back/arms? If it is, how effective is it and how many sessions shall i go through to really see the results? I think that normal products can clear the active acne but not the scars. I understand that scars on the body takes even more time to heal.

Any thoughts?

Regards

#9 leet

leet

She dreams in digital....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:24 AM

Oh yeah... maybe i can try tea tree oil too. I just bought some a week ago and my chin got real dry but i dont know if it was from that.

30 mg Claravis
(started May 26 2011) 1st month
40 mg Amnesteen (2nd month)

Aquaphor for lips (or blistex)
Cetaphil wash (the kind you do not need water for) <3
Eucerin Q10 anti wrinkle lotion (plus a drop of emu oil) and aloe gel mixed together

Bare esscentuals mineral makeup or No7 liquid makeup (the long wearing kind)

Any other older acne.org members on accutane please send me a message!