Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scars n active acne

9 posts in this topic

HI,

I am 29 asian male having problem with acne on chest, back and my arms.

The acne is not so bad but my concern is more on the scars that it leaves

behind. What is a good body wash and lotion that can help with the scarring.

I asked skinstore and they asked me to try out Peter Thomas Roth BPO body wash but i wanted to ask from others if there is other products that can keep the skin clear and control the breakouts. Plus what are the products that can help with the scarring as it looks very unhealthy and does not have a nice tone.

Any comments would be highly appreciated

Regards

I tried the Phisoderm Clear Confidence Acne BodyWash for body acne.

That didn't work at all.

The product that really brought down my body acne was Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub with salicylic acid. After I used the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub. I would then use the Aveeno clear complexion cleansing bar.

It has 0.5 percent Salicylic Acid. It also has Soy, Vitamins B5, C and E in it.

The best lotion i'v tried for body acne was Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment. It has 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid and 2 percent salicylic acid.

I would also say, my body reacted so much better to SA products, then BP products.

HI Flutie

Thanks for sharing your experiences on this matter. I did ask skinstore on this problem and they recommended some body wash for acne on body.

One of them is Peter Thomas Roth Medicated BPO 5% wash. However i have not decided which one i wanted to try first as i wanted to get feedback from the users here on their experiences dealing with body acne.

I didnt want to see the dermatologist as i know that they will prescribe some antibiotics or drugs that are only temporary measures and also will have bad effects on my liver in the long run.

Btw, does the products that u use exfoliate ur skin?

Both the Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub and Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment exfoliate the skin. There good for redmarks and blemishes.

After i am done my current body regimen i think i will go with Flutie's to maintain it.

Currently I am using Neutrogena body scrub (once a night) and i alternate nights with mama lotion (mandelic/malic acid) and lotion if i am dry (burt's bees carrot nutritive).

I really want to try that paula's choice but i spent so much money on new stuff that i want to wait a while til i keep buying more! lol

so far mine is going great... and i am half thai/caucasin.

I would use SA instead of BP unless u want to wear white all the time. lol

After i am done my current body regimen i think i will go with Flutie's to maintain it.

Currently I am using Neutrogena body scrub (once a night) and i alternate nights with mama lotion (mandelic/malic acid) and lotion if i am dry (burt's bees carrot nutritive).

I really want to try that paula's choice but i spent so much money on new stuff that i want to wait a while til i keep buying more! lol

so far mine is going great... and i am half thai/caucasin.

I would use SA instead of BP unless u want to wear white all the time. lol

Hi,

Is it advisable to perform laser on the body for acne scarring? Say on the chest/back/arms? If it is, how effective is it and how many sessions shall i go through to really see the results? I think that normal products can clear the active acne but not the scars. I understand that scars on the body takes even more time to heal.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Oh yeah... maybe i can try tea tree oil too. I just bought some a week ago and my chin got real dry but i dont know if it was from that.