Photo

Skin Needling/Needle Dermabrasion

dermabrasion needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1413 replies to this topic

#1401 rosegirl

rosegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

I had dermabrasion about five years ago, and it helped a lot. I can't go through it again though.

#1402 longman

longman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (insecuritey @ Aug 26 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Needling Time Elapsed

8 hrs, I napped at a hotel. I was not about to go home and face my parents. I think my bloody bruised cheeks would give them heart attacks. As soon as I fell asleep, my cheek hit the pillow. I yelped by the contact b/c it stuck and hurt-- a few neat patterned drops of blood made their mark on the white pillowcase.

hour 9, No more blood of any sort would come out by the same face-on-pillow pressure. My face was EXTREMELY INFLAMED, SWOLLEN, BRUISED and it just generally looked bad, like a nightmarish wound. I honestly was too self conscious to have anyone see me. I applied the ointment Frank gave me religiously. I had alotta OJ (vitamin C for collagen growth) and vitamin A (to fight infection).

24 hrs
I went to bed slopping emu oil on my face and woke up with a good nights sleep-- all refreshed and my face completely rid of ALL swelling and pain! The bruising was also gone! The only thing left there was (I’m not sure what to call it) a tan/brown discoloration. Continuing to take vitamins and minerals.

48 hrs
this "tan" turned even more brown on my already brown skin. I hope its not hyperpigmentation because that would be terrible! Any sign of swelling is not there b/c the depressions have returned to their original look. The last thing I need is acne pits with severe discoloration. *Sigh* It could be punishment from God for being vain. Dear Lord, the Magnificent, the Majestic up in the Heavens- please forgive me for being vain, but you have created beauty and perfection on this earth and I yearn to possess some of it... *amin*

72 hrs
I have to say, these were the longest 3 days of my life!! Today I came out of hiding and let my dad see me. I think I'll be more comfortable in 2 more days for the general public to see me. Anyway, the brown melasma looking areas are fading, some of it looks perfectly my skin color, but a large portion is still there.

Everday afterwards my skin has appeared better and better.
I waited several weeks to write this final observation.
Today, 6 weeks later, I will write my final results.

The discoloration fully disappeared in 3-4 weeks, it became light enough to cover with foundation in 12 days. However, when it was 7 days old, it was too dark for coverage with makeup.

As far as the holes, pits, craters in my skin are concerned. I wish to God I could go back 5 yrs in time and had begun my scar correction process back then!! All the lost romantic + employment opportunities b/c of my appearance!!!!! Im glad though, better late than never.

ALL my scars HAVE SOFTENED. The small pits FILLED in and look much much smaller!!! The big pits definately look less large b/c they filled in but are relatively bigger so they will take the most work. The sharp "box scar" edges totally softened and are less harsh. I initially thought by 3 weeks, my progress looked 30% improvement. But now, I'm pretty sure the results are PERMANENT, by now. they should be permanent?? I hope the results are permanent b/c I dont wanna provide false information.

I personally believe I achieved a 20% overall improvement.

I think everyone responds differently. This method is totally worth it. I personally think its like fraxel with OUT the BITE. (fraxel with out price tag, REAL hyperpigmentation)

I sincerely wish the best of luck to all those who try it. I hope you achieve what I got or even better cool.gif

I CANNOT WAIT to go back in a few weeks.

#1403 jimpa

jimpa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ Dec 11 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are people who may find they get no results from any scar removal techniques. I can garuntee to these people that if you combine your normal EFFECTIVE scar revision techniques such as dermaroller, needling, subscision, fraxel etc with LED/LLLT therapy you will get results where you didn't before.

what kind of LED is it? I bought the dr kerns "beauty skin" acne lamp yesterday, is it those kinds of LEDs you mean? Is it any good guide here with a good step to step explaining all the needling and LED combo treatment?

Im new here to this part of the forum so sorry if this has been asked many times before, im gonna try to read this whole thread asap but some quick guidelines would be really helpfull.

#1404 Skin Hound

Skin Hound

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

In Seattle the only one I trust with my permanent makeup is Dina Good. She did my brows first, since I was not sure if there was really any other area I was comfortable having done. I loved my brows so much that I jumped in and had my eyeliner, then finally lips. I really did not think there was anything that could be done for my acne pitted scars since I am 45 and I have had then so long I guess I just learned to overlook them. I was WRONG! Dina explained to me how needling works so I thought it was worth giving it a try. I AM GLAD I DID!

Ok, here's the deal, my skin continues to look better! It has been a year but I swear it looks even better than after 30 days! My makeup no longer pools into my pits as they are GONE! Yes, gone! Sorry to rant but people looking to have this procedure done should really check into it. Do your research, online is a great way. I know people fly from all over the world to see Dina but there are others out there I am sure are good, if you look hard enough.

Here is her website. I found her by referral from a nurse that works at Swedish Hospital while my husband was having his knee worked on. Then I read her website since there were a lot of questions I had.

She's in Seattle but worth a plane ticket imo.

I hope this helps. I still cant believe that needles did more for my skin than the laser I tried 5 years ago!

#1405 hole

hole

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering does anyone still try this and how are your improvements over time?
I have tried skin needling by a makeup artist and had my treatment about 4 weeks ago. I did notice improvement right away and then it slowly started to disapper because the improvement was due to the swelling. In a few days it will be 5 weeks. I guess i will wait a little longer and see if there is any improvement. I probably will have one more treatment at the 10 week mark. Im also try tca cross. I tested it on one small scar, and it totally disappeared in about 3 weeks!! Going to try some more of that.

Dee

#1406 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (hole @ Jun 12 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering does anyone still try this and how are your improvements over time?
I have tried skin needling by a makeup artist and had my treatment about 4 weeks ago. I did notice improvement right away and then it slowly started to disapper because the improvement was due to the swelling. In a few days it will be 5 weeks. I guess i will wait a little longer and see if there is any improvement. I probably will have one more treatment at the 10 week mark. Im also try tca cross. I tested it on one small scar, and it totally disappeared in about 3 weeks!! Going to try some more of that.

Dee

your scar completely vanished? for sure?

#1407 palukaville

palukaville

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

You certainly dont need to get a 'professional' to roll needles accross your face. Its simple, and theres not alot of skill involved.

This is true, theres lots of videos on Derma rolling. Just search Youtube and Google Videos.

#1408 cranberrie

cranberrie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

Hi All, biggrin.gif

I have been visiting acne.org for about over year now. I have learned so much from everyone on this site. So now I have made a user account because finally there is something to rave about that actually works. Just want to get the word out to everybody struggling with acne scars. Needling really does work!! I had dry needling done last week. I only had a few scars done. Mainly all small ones but one big one. The bigger scar had a very prominent edge on it which just looked horrendous! evil.gif. This one scar made me feel so depressed and I just could not get over it!! My scar now looks 80-90% better!! The swelling has gone down. When I wear makeup now it does not accentuate the scar in fact it actually looks smooth. Best of all the prominent edge of the scar is gone!! eusa_pray.gif I can finally put my hair up without feeling self conscious!! I am planning to go back for a 2nd treatment smile.gif If anybody has any questions feel free to ask!

Good Luck All

#1409 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (cranberrie @ Jun 17 2011, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All, biggrin.gif

I have been visiting acne.org for about over year now. I have learned so much from everyone on this site. So now I have made a user account because finally there is something to rave about that actually works. Just want to get the word out to everybody struggling with acne scars. Needling really does work!! I had dry needling done last week. I only had a few scars done. Mainly all small ones but one big one. The bigger scar had a very prominent edge on it which just looked horrendous! evil.gif. This one scar made me feel so depressed and I just could not get over it!! My scar now looks 80-90% better!! The swelling has gone down. When I wear makeup now it does not accentuate the scar in fact it actually looks smooth. Best of all the prominent edge of the scar is gone!! eusa_pray.gif I can finally put my hair up without feeling self conscious!! I am planning to go back for a 2nd treatment smile.gif If anybody has any questions feel free to ask!

Good Luck All

Hi, I have the same problem with an indented scar on my cheek......I'm wondering did they use just a single normal needle? Or a dermaroller? Also, where did you get it done at?
After this much time has passed are you still happy with it? And how long did it take to heal?\
Thanks for much for your help!

#1410 cranberrie

cranberrie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hi DC-girl!

So sorry for such a late response. I have not been on this board for a while. As for your question only a single needle was used and the areas were completely numbed so I did not feel a thing! I had it done in Vancouver at a place called Biotouch Canada. I had it done in June and yes I am very pleased with the improvement. The indented scar is still there unfortunately eusa_wall.gif but has improved SO much I would say more then 50%. I was told it would take a few treatments for it to completely go away. I took off a week from work at the suggestion of the technician but found that I was ready to go to work the next day. I think this is because the scars were quite spread out and majority of them were small so It was not obvious at all just tiny little red marks. If you have a large portion of your face that needs to be done then it would be more noticeable. Guess what.. I am going in for my second treatment today and getting it needled again I am so excited biggrin.gif This is truly the only thing that has done anything for my scar I feel so much more confident now. Wish you all the best! wink.gif

#1411 cranberrie

cranberrie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hi all Posted Image ,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 50% improvement did go down. I tried self needling as well in October and still did not see major improvements. I know that needling does work but also I know that it is a very loooooong journey to see extreme results. Recently, I started to do 100% TCA Cross on myself. I attacked the bigger sunken in scars and the area formed scabs. The scabs last weeks. Where as with the Needling they never lasted that long even when done professionally by a trained technician. From my research when scabs form there is a major attempt at healing taking place deep below the scab. Which is obviously what we want from these treatments. After my scabs came off my scar has leveled far too much for me to even believe. Now let me tell you I had three deep scars, all closely beside each other giving it an appearance of 1 very large scar. I used to try to hide it with my hair all the time and was extremely self conscious about them. All three have leveled extremely! When I was doing the needling even after the scabs came off it was never this leveled. It's been about 2weeks since the first scab came off and the scar has not sunken down yet Posted Image
For the second scar its been about 1week and still not sunken back down yet. The third one is still scabbed! To give you an idea of how much improvement there has been let me tell you what my mum thought of all this. I showed her my treated areas and she could not even find them Posted Image then she proceeded to take me by the window to natural light and continued trying to search for them. Now isn't that great! The scars I would always conceal with carefully placed strands of hair were barely even visible to my own mother who is well aware of my scar issues. I just wanted to let everyone know , from one sufferer to another to really look in to TCA Cross. It's much easier because you are not jabbing a needle into your scar, several times from several different angles. The scabs from tca form much nicer ( my co-worker thought it was a mole Posted Image ) and cleaner looking then with self needling. Theres no pain from TCA and it only takes a few seconds per scar.

Wow this post was extremely long but just wanted to everyone to know what I've found through trial and error. : D

Cranberrie

Edited by cranberrie, 26 November 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#1412 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

Wow, the scabs lasted weeks?! How many?
That would be hard to have scabs for so long but I would totally do it if it worked...............how did you know how long to leave the tca on for? I burned myself earlier this year with a glucolic peal and created a new scar so I'm a bit scared to do self tca........but once again would do anything if it really worked.
Also where did you get your tca from?
Thanks cranberrie

#1413 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Oh Cranberrie, for got to ask a really important question too...........what kind of scars do you have? Icepick only? Or do you have boxcar scars too? It seems from what I've read tca only works in icepick scarring but what you describing above sounds like a bigger type of scar.
Please, please let me know,
Thanks!

#1414 deftones11

deftones11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

I just posted a new topic on skin needling. Just had it done.

http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1