Photo

Skin Needling/Needle Dermabrasion

dermabrasion needling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1413 replies to this topic

#1 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:38 AM

EDIT - Rossignol, 8th August 2004
Hi all, I decided to take a moment to edit this thread seeing as it has got so long!
I thought I would point out to the new people looking at it to READ AT LEAST TO PAGE 25 OF THE THREAD!!! (or at least skim!)

Initially, the thread deals with self-needling, which has since been viewed by the scar board in general as being quite dangerous, and not advisable for treating scars. It is only at around pg 20, when Maya and Oursfan start discussing their experiences with professionals performing needling on them that the information becomes more valid to people looking into needling at the present time. Needling is now offered by more practitioners worldwide than when this thread was started, and therefore it is more advisable that you seek out someone who offers it rather than attempting it yourself.
On the whole, though, the information in the thread is fantastic.

-Thanks!
Rossignol
-Moderator.

/EDIT

Hi everyone!

Has anyone tried skin needling for their scars?

http://www.uclm.es/i...073/session.htm
http://www.vivida.co.za./
Check the sites above - gives you more info.

I am very excited about this and want to get it done as soon as my acne clears up. My pitting on the cheeks is quite severe.

Maya

#2 joginn

joginn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2002 - 04:49 PM

8) I just had needling done last night by my husband who is a tattoo artist (15 years) It is too soon to see the results yet, but I'll keep you posted if your interested. The scars we treated were pitted.

#3 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2002 - 12:31 AM

Wow - you are so lucky!!!!!!!!!

Did you have your whole face done? How long did it take?

Are you in the UK by any chance?

#4 joginn

joginn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2002 - 08:32 PM

I had the needling done Sun Night. I orginally heard about it on another acne board and from there did some research and talked it over with my husband. He agreed that the process seemed very promising for my scars. I didn't have my whole face done, rather three pitted scars that I have had for 8+ years. Again it's too soon to see end results but I am very excited. Thanks for your interest.

#5 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2002 - 12:22 AM

Hi - thanks for coming back - and please don't go away!

Please keep me informed of how it continues.

By the way, perhaps at some stage, you could, with your husband, write out exactly how he perfomed this on you, because I want to go an approach som tatto artists here in the UK with the suggestion of needling my whole face.

I have noticed that a lot of tatoo artists are not keen on doing the face - but if I could explain to them the procedure, from a tatooists point of view, they may do it for me.

Thank you - very much

#6 joginn

joginn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2002 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for your interest Maya. Everyday there has been significant improvement. During the healing process I have to keep the areas that have been tattooed covered with a thin layer of a&d ointment and I'll need to do this for at least a week. One of my scars was rather big, and although it is not perfect I can see where the tattooing "broke down" the hard scar tissue surrounding it and it filled in quite a bit. Once I am completely healed (three + weeks) we may do that one scar again to see if we can get it to fill in more. But again, we have to wait to see the final outcome.
So far I am very happy with the results. As others have said the nice thing about this is that it does not damage your skin, I am able to go on with my daily routine and the area's tattooed don't look worse than a small pimple. Wearing no makeup has also made the rest of my face very clear.

#7 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2002 - 11:16 PM

Wow - it sounds like you are making a great recovery and I am so pleased for you - and you know that you are an inspiration to me, because this treatment has seemed to give the best results - far superior to laser and microdermabrasion.

Joginn - please could you ask your husband this - if someone could use like a really fine needle on themselves? And did he use some lotion on your face to numb it before using the tatoo gun?

Thanks!
Maya

#8 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 October 2002 - 09:34 AM

I have found someone in the UK who is due to finish her skin needling course soon, and next month, she is flying to Florida to get the machine - and wow - she only works 40 minutes from me!!!!

I am so excited.

Please keep me updated as to your progress though. Thanks

#9 joginn

joginn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2002 - 11:21 PM

It has been 10 days since my needling (tattooing) My husband gave me his opinion this morning about results so far. one scar 100% improvement (this was an oddly shaped depressed scar on my left cheek) 75% on a smaller deeper scar on right cheek and 50% on my worst scar. It is still too soon for me to tell (the areas still have some scabbing) Although when I look in the mirror (a 5X lighted mirror) I am happier than I have been in years.

#10 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2002 - 12:09 AM

Thanks so much for keeping me up-to-date. Your results to date sound so fantastic! I can imaine how happy you feel, it must feel so good to look in the mirror and have you skin look so much better. I have heard from some people that the improvement continues for 3-6 months!

Where in the world are you based?

#11 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2002 - 09:30 PM

This sounds very interesting to me and I've looked at some info on the web about it.... I know a tattoo artist, and I've asked him if he'd be willing to try it on one of my scars. He said he would. I'll be sure to post here about my results if/when it happens. I still want to do a bit more research before going ahead with it although it seems to make complete sense that it would work.

#12 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2002 - 01:48 AM

Have you seen this link?

http://www.healthboa...TML/010767.html

Please keep me updated! Thanks

Maya

#13 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2002 - 10:22 AM

Yes, Maya. The link you posted at the top of this thread was what got me interested but it was the post from the other board that really got me thinking it might be worth a try. That and actually knowing a tattoo artist. I will definitely keep you posted.

#14 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2002 - 12:08 PM

If only I knew a tatoo artist - I would have had it done by now!!

Please keep in touch!

#15 youknowyoureright

youknowyoureright

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2002 - 09:55 PM

hi....
JOGINN, how bad was your scarring?

#16 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2002 - 03:03 AM

http://www.healthboa...TML/010767.html

http://www.auraofbea...67700/index.htm

http://www.cosmeticw....asp?relid=1968

http://www.drcamiran...contenu4a-4.htm

http://www.environ.c.../more_about.htm

#17 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2002 - 07:53 PM

Forgot to add.... I am only going to have my friend do ONE of my scars to start with (near my hairline), just to see how my skin reacts to it.

Joginn - Did your husband use anything for the tattooing? My friend said that he thinks he might use witch hazel. He doesn't think it would be a good idea to do it "dry". Also, what did you do for it afterward? Did you use hydrogen peroxide? neosporin? tattoo goo?

#18 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2002 - 01:00 AM

I have read that you are meant to put vit C serum and Vitamin A cream on your skin as it heals it up much faster - that information is on one of the links I'd posted.

Maya

#19 joginn

joginn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2002 - 12:18 PM

We used water to tattoo with, witch hazel would irratate the skin. I would stick with water. Aftercare is apply a thin coat of a&d onitment for 7-10 days. Vitamin a&c will speed up the healing, but the idea of needling is to break down the scar tissue and incourage new skin growth..this takes time if you try to rush it you may not get any improvement.

#20 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2002 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for those recommendations.
Also, what can I expect my skin to look like after the procedure? Red? Swollen? Thanks very much. :)