Is slight Tanning good for Acne?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mallett917

Mallett917

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:58 AM

A full session in a tanning bed is 20 mins. For some folks, it gives them a good tan; other folks, it burns the crap out of them. For me, it gives me a good solid tan with a slight red (burn) blemish (nothing bad). Having that said, I believe a 20 min session is to much for most people, even my self, no doubt.

I'm wondering what would a 5 min session do to my skin. I believe it would barley tan my skin without any blemishes at all. I believe it may help fight acne and not overdry my face. We all knowing tanning can do wonders to our face, but a couple days later it turns into a big mess with dead skin cells clogged in pores and an over production of oil causing bo-coo acne for days.

BUT what about slight tanning every couple days with a lil BP (maybe), has anyone tried this.

BTW, I do not recommend Tanning Beds. It can cause SKIN CANCER. True That.
!

#2 Dean

Dean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2004 - 06:15 AM

I used sunbeds for 5 minutes two or three times a week a couple of years ago and it made me look much healthier in terms of my complexion. It certainly wasn't any form of cure though, it just managed to reduce red marks.

I stopped using them, not because I'm worried about skin cancer (because I'd rather die looking good eusa_shifty.gif ), but because they were quite expensive (I was a student at the time) and I didn't really want to leave the house.

I wasn't using any acne treatments like bp or accutane, etc, at the time.

#3 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:31 PM

90% of sufferers get worse from UV exposure that why derms quit doing sunlamp treatment in the 70's.My sister has done the low exposure thing before vacations. Her skin is better for a short time and then gets worse.All UV exposure can increase the risk of hyperpigmentation, and that risk increases with total lifetime exposure.I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiance System for some color instead of squirreling around with the UV.Assess the risks and do what is best for you.

#4 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

It was crimson, like a drop of blood.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:45 AM

What's the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiance System?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users