Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

omgitspres

keep on drinking tap water!

12 posts in this topic

on the news i found out that tap water is actually good for you because it has natural nutrients that bottled water doesn't have!!!! so keep on drinking tap water and save money!

One problem...

I live in New Mexico..where the water is shit..

From what I have found out, it actually has like 10% arsenic...o yay..

So I have a reverse Osmosis system, I'm not sure if that takes out the nutrients from water though.

Rust > Paying almost $3 for 9L of water

I say let me never be complete,

I say may I never be content,

I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,

I say deliver me from clever arts,

I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,

I say you have to give up,

I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.

--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

That article is a joke. It claims you should not drink cold water because it can damage the "Delicate lining of the stomach." The stomach's lining is by no means delicate and regenerates so fast that very little can harm it; ice water especially.

Also, "at least" 64 ounces does not mean for a small child -- small children should never drink 2 lbs. of water. You should drink as much water and you sweat out and use for metabolic processes -- this is not much. People can drink more than needed but the article makes a point of something that's a lie. The 64 ounce limit, anyway, is just a number; no health organization has ever said "Definitely drink that or die!"

More truth: Every anti-fluoride crusader cites a single study from over 15 years ago that had a coincidental link to fluoride and problems in people. Studies since then have disproved the original study which, even then, said the results warranted more investigation and should not be taken as fact.

NoFluoride.com is just another stupid site to say something that's basically not true. People love conspiracies.

Isn't fluoride the stuff in toothpaste?

I say let me never be complete,

I say may I never be content,

I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,

I say deliver me from clever arts,

I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,

I say you have to give up,

I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.

--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

I'd rather not drink the tap water here. It might be 'clean' but it probably has a lot of toxins...actually there was a report...anyway, I just drink reverse osmosis.