minor bacne... need advice

4 replies to this topic

#1 ikon_zero

ikon_zero

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:02 PM

hey, i've had a bacne problem for... whoah... I guess a few years now. never bad enough for me to go to the doctor but i've pretty much been trying different things to get rid of it nonstop. I feel like it's really close to leaving me alone but I can never quite get rid of it...

right now i'm just using some clinique 0.1% tryclosan soap in the shower every morning. my skin seems to be really sensitive so salycilic acid and things only make it worse. would I be better off foregoing any medication at all and using a regular soap?

I use the clinique 3 step process on my face and that works fine... I have no problems on my face at all. is there some equivalent process I can use for my back?

if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it... this has been driving me batty for some time now

#2 hauntedmoon

hauntedmoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:59 AM

hey, use what i use, dove sensitive skin body wash. its awesome at getting stubborn acne to go away, is 5 bucks for a huge bottle of it, makes your skin soft, and isn't flashy or have a bunch of weird ingredients in it. use it until the bottle is gone, (i use mine with a loofah but don't scrub your back too hard, just gently). forget that you have bacne, ignore it, just keep using the body wash, and before you know it you won't have it any more and it will stay gone for good.

smile.gif

#3 ecsrun2

ecsrun2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:41 PM

SA products are supposed to make you break out.. they are causing exfoliation and bringing the acne under your skin to the surface - this can last a month or longer.

SA just does exfoliation - does not kill the bacteria. Use a BP or topical antibiotic body wash as well.

If your skin is really dry, try using a body moisturizer that contains SA instead.

Neutragena makes one i believe

#4 jeremyspoken

jeremyspoken

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:music, guitars, cars, electronics, projects

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:16 AM

Try using a soap with vitamin E. It has been working fine for me so far. smile.gif

#5 ikon_zero

ikon_zero

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:04 AM

hey, I thought I should post an update as to how i'm doing since it's been about a month now. i've been trying the dove sensitive skin body wash and, after a long period of nothing really happening one way or another, things are starting to look up! i'm not completely clear, but i'm pretty close... my skin is almost completely smooth but still blotchy... I assume that will just take care of itself to some extent. i'll update again in another month or so

oh yeah, and one other thing that has been helping me a lot is not putting a shirt on right after I shower... it gives my skin a chance to settle down. for some reason I seem to get a lot of irritation if I dress right after I shower

thanks a lot for the advice everyone

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users