calcium green tea rooibos

2 replies to this topic

#1 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:49 AM

I just picked it up and it tastes great not to mention being naturally caffeine free as well as loaded with small amount of minerals and anti-oxidants. Tastes great too and might be a good alternative to other teas if you can't handle the caffeine.

The anti-oxidant properties of Rooibos have been well researched. It is believed to

Relieve insomnia and nervous tension
Relieve stomach cramps and colic in infants
Relieve constipation
Relieve hay fever and allergies
Relieve asthma
Ease skin conditions such as eczema, acne and nappy rash
Supplement daily intake of calcium, manganese and fluoride
Supplement daily intake of iron during breast feeding
Be rich in Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD) and anti-oxidant that scavenges for free radicals, limiting their damaging effect and thereby counteraction the body's aging process
Be low in tannin therefore not inhibiting the absorption of trace elements and minerals.

There are NO colorants, artificial flavorings or preservatives to be found in the tea.

http://www.choiceorg.../pr_premium.htm - Good Brand of Tea

There's plenty info on this tea out there if you want to check it out, just google search it.

I also picked up some White Tea today, great stuff, also choice organic, I like the taste much better than Green Tea and it tastes superb with a teaspoon of raw honey.

#2 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2004 - 11:00 AM

http://www.teeccino.com/Rooibos.aspx

Just like black and green tea, rooibos is full of polyphenols, flavonoids and proanthocyanidins that help protect the body from free radical damage. Free radicals attack healthy cells, fats, protein and DNA contributing to the weakening of the immune system and ultimately the development of chronic diseases including arteriosclerosis, inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, and cancer. Drinking rooibos tea daily, as the South Africans do, can help build the body's defenses against the onslaught of germs and pollution that attack our immune system continually. Scientific studies on rooibos from Japan and South Africa show that rooibos has comparable amounts of polyphenols to green tea and shows anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral activity.

In addition to its antioxidant properties, rooibos is also famed for its anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory properties. South African mothers feed their colicky babies rooibos tea, which also seems to help with milk allergies. Rooibos has been shown to help clear up various types of inflammatory dermatitis and seasonal allergies. Rooibos contains high levels of quercitin, a member of the flavonoid group found in fruits and vegetables. Quercitin inhibits the release of histamine and other inflammatory compounds. It decreases the inflammatory response in the mast cells of the nose & mouth & all mucous membranes. It also may have some anti-viral properties, which would explain why the Japanese have found that rooibos tea helps suppress the occurrence of herpes simplex in people who suffer from recurrent herpes.

Rooibos also contains calcium, fluoride, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and potassium along with other flavonoids such as rutin, and various proanthocyanidins. Drinking rooibos tea contributes to the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, teeth, and enhances the metabolic processes.

#3 Gamma911

Gamma911

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2004 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Nov 12 2004, 06:00 PM)
http://www.teeccino.com/Rooibos.aspx

Just like black and green tea, rooibos is full of polyphenols, flavonoids and proanthocyanidins that help protect the body from free radical damage. Free radicals attack healthy cells, fats, protein and DNA contributing to the weakening of the immune system and ultimately the development of chronic diseases including arteriosclerosis, inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, and cancer. Drinking rooibos tea daily, as the South Africans do, can help build the body's defenses against the onslaught of germs and pollution that attack our immune system continually. Scientific studies on rooibos from Japan and South Africa show that rooibos has comparable amounts of polyphenols to green tea and shows anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral activity.

In addition to its antioxidant properties, rooibos is also famed for its anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory properties. South African mothers feed their colicky babies rooibos tea, which also seems to help with milk allergies. Rooibos has been shown to help clear up various types of inflammatory dermatitis and seasonal allergies. Rooibos contains high levels of quercitin, a member of the flavonoid group found in fruits and vegetables. Quercitin inhibits the release of histamine and other inflammatory compounds. It decreases the inflammatory response in the mast cells of the nose & mouth & all mucous membranes. It also may have some anti-viral properties, which would explain why the Japanese have found that rooibos tea helps suppress the occurrence of herpes simplex in people who suffer from recurrent herpes.

Rooibos also contains calcium, fluoride, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and potassium along with other flavonoids such as rutin, and various proanthocyanidins. Drinking rooibos tea contributes to the maintenance of healthy skin, bones, teeth, and enhances the metabolic processes.

View Post

Rooibos tea is from my country (South Africa) and only found here, us South Africans drink it almost everyday and I still do.
Although its great I don't believe it had an improvement or worsening affect on my acne.
But coffee does, sadly im hooked to the stuff
Oh well eusa_wall.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users