Photo

FAQ - Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

chemical peel tca aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark makeup hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#61 SwineLake

SwineLake

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:53 AM

Hello guys, my first post. I've had acne for 25 years now, and been on Dan's Regimen for four days. Pimples are gone. Plus, I'm using Olay All Night Recovery Cream, and the marks are fading too. Works like a bomb (but I'm using the Night Cream during the day as well because the BP is pretty harsh.) Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

#62 tothatesacne

tothatesacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Okay so is there any cleansers or topicals that people on Accutane can use to get rid of PIH?

I just started accutane so i have a long way to go so if there's anything I can apply, I would love to know about it! Thanks

#63 eastie

eastie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

my skin is even but I have red marks all over my face,what would work? fraxel? do i need many sessions or once will be fine?its expensive..

#64 qrovn134

qrovn134

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Does anyone know if being on birth control pill could contribute to or even worsen post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation?

#65 TheRedStuff

TheRedStuff

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

if you are prone to PIH do not use dan's products or anything containing BP. Acne never used to trouble me that much, and I used to only have a few red marks from PIH, but after going on dan's regimen my face looks disastrous (someone said that i looked like i had been in a fire). I visited a dermatologist who put me on a another regimen. I haven't gotten new acne for about two months now but the PIH is still visible as ever. Dan's regimen ruined my skin, again if you are prone to PIH do not use dan's products or anything containing BP!

#66 ramblinrose

ramblinrose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

is BP benzoyl peroxide? is that in the neutrogena face wash? alot of people recommend the neutrogena. i want to try something more natural for my face.

thank u for this thread frances! i often get dark spots after a major pimple & i did not know that bp is bad for that kind of skin.

Edited by Kojoka21, 02 June 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#67 PhoebeC

PhoebeC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

what is the best treatment for PIH. Hdyroquinone, AHA, what. i keep hearing 4%hydroquinone. But i'm more interested in getting rid of PIH AND preventing pimples.

I have had proactiv since the end of january, and ever since i heard that BP worsens dark spots, i have stopped using it. I feel that was a bad idea, because now i have many new brown spots that i feel could have been prevented. I dont know whether i should continue using it, or try something else. The Proactiv DID HELP. Note that i want to prevent pimples, and get rid of dark spots. what if I use the proactiv and also add some extra glycolic acid before the toner. doesnt glycolic acid help with brown spots?
Please Help me.

Glycolic acid is amazing for dark/brown spots and it also helps with acne. But, beware that you can only find maximum of 10% glycolic acid at drugstores. A higher concentration will have to be purchased online. But, a product that I recommend, because I have brown spots and hyperpigmentation, is NEOSTRATA SMOOTHING CREAM. It comes in levels 1,2,3. Start off with 3 if your spots are bad, and wait 3 weeks and you will notice a result. Also, try NEOSTRATA HQ PLUS LIGHTENING GEL. These products come for about $35-45 each. But, I would strongly recommend investing in them. they also last a while. Good luck!

#68 FLgators22

FLgators22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

I've been on retin-a for months and have seen no results frm my PIH. should I consider laser treatment?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8527.jpg

Edited by FLgators22, 06 July 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#69 carp351

carp351

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Bro I have a huge dark mark on my cheek that is really large and thick along with dark spots all over my cheeks, I am so embarrased and self conscious. It is so embarrassing, I don't go out anymore, I have tried make-up but it makes me more anxious because I am guy plus I suck at applying. I have dreams that maybe my skin will clear but no is the same, maybe I should stop using the 10% bp clearasil and noxzema.