zinc red mark make-up oily skin

1987 replies to this topic

#41 HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:26 PM

Done this for 2 days. So far nothing has happened.
"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke

#42 usershift

usershift

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:36 PM

First off I would like to eusa_clap.gif thank Delna for sharing this regimen with us.

I stated this regimen along with B-5 ( Pantothenic Acid ) (10grams day) supplements 4days ago. I can say that this indeed has already begun to change my skin dramatically.

In the mornings I wash my face with Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser , then do the Baking Soda and ACV, then apply some Aloe Vera 100% gel after my face drys. My face feels wonderful all day. At night I wash with Aveeno again then lightly pat it dry but not to dry it out all the way then apply the Egg white mask and let it sit for 10min and then jump in the shower and wash it off with cold water for 20-30 sec. The mask is unbelievable it has seriously already begun to make my pores so small natural and tight its AWESOME. The reason I wash with cold water is because warm water opens your pores up to my understanding and the mask tightens your pores and washing it with cold water will keep them nice and tight . And later before I go to bed I apply Tazorac the topical gel 1% which I been on for a while and have noticed very good results but still have some white heads here and there and like a blemish or two once a month and it still hasn't been able to get rid of everything.
I think another attribute to which has also caused and will certainly help in my success to being acne-free is the B-5 supplements I have been taking which I would recommend try it out if you haven't already I have read that many have seen success with just take B-5 and its been more successful to ppl than Accutane, but you can search the web to find out a ton of info on it. But I am certain that my the few red marks I have will be gone very soon and god willing my acne will be too with this continued regimen.

Wish you all the best of luck biggrin.gif

#43 sasha

sasha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:47 PM

Delna,

Do you think it matters if you use fresh lemons or the juice in the bottle form? I have the bottle, and it says it is 100% real lemon juice from concentrate. Also, what do you think of using the "Egg Beaters" form of egg whites that is sold in the carton, instead of real eggs? I'm sure 100% natural form is the best, but am curious if you or anyone thinks it matters a great deal. Is anyone using these as a substitute? Just curious....as I have these two things in my fridge already and want to try this soon! Thanks

#44 delna

delna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:28 AM

Montana, u can do it anytime, as long as u dont over-do it! what best suits ur time shd be fine. The reason why I do it in the morning is coz, a moisturiser is a MUST when u do acv and baking soda. I dont use moisturiser when i go to sleep. skin needs to breathe more when we sleep. moisturiser clogs the pores, no matter what the label says. when we r up and about we cannot do without it because of the environment around us...dust, pollution, sunlight, etc...which is why skin needs to be protected during the day. so after all that hard work it does during the day..(fighting away the necessary evils heheh razz.gif )..at night, its begging us to let it breathe! so thats how i found out that cleaning my pores with the egg-white/lemon mask and then putting my BP on before i sleep, makes my skin happy!

hummelectrichumm..this is no miracle cure. in fact, there is no miracle cure. for any regimen to work, u need to do it religiously for atleast 2 weeks. and the most important thing of all is 'patience'. None of us have it. thats why our acne became worse than it ever was in the first place!

usershift, im so happy for you!! keep up the good work.

sasha, if u need ur skin to look FRESH again....think FRESH!! FRESH!! FRESH!!!

#45 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:51 AM

i just had to add some advice...you should try mixing about a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of cetaphil extra gentle cleanser. it works way better than baking soda with water.

#46 delna

delna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:55 AM

update on my skin...

its been 10 days since i started this regimen.

its just AMAZING how my red marks have faded! Actually, i cdnt cover-up my marks with make-up before. i always looked like ive put on a truck-load of foundation and it was obvious that i was trying to cover up my crappy skin. Now, my confidence just soars with make-up! I have not reached a point where i can go out without make-up...but i will get there...I SURE WILL! Im so so confident abt this regimen.

yesterday, I was trying on a shirt at TJ-max's. u know how they have these HUGE mirrors in the fitting room..and u know how spotless they are...so every mark, every scar on ur face just stares at u...to the point that u end up scrutinizing ur face instead of trying to see if the dress fits u! i hated fitting rooms. coz what comes out of there wd always be a more depressed and miserable me..

But yesterday in the fitting room...

i was staring at my face...yes, u cd see that im suffering from post acne scars..yes, u cd still make out red marks under make-up.., but, its nothing like it was before...my skin looked so even, my marks looked atleast a 20% lighter...and that glow...my God..the pre-acne glow which i thought i will never ever see again...

my skin has a long way to go, but i sure am getting there...and FAST!

Take care all of u!

#47 delna

delna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(agentcooper @ Nov 16 2004, 10:51 AM)
i just had to add some advice...you should try mixing about a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of cetaphil extra gentle cleanser.  it works way better than baking soda with water.

View Post

hey agent, thanks for the tip...yes, u can use baking soda along with any cleanser u like.

#48 laukelekele

laukelekele

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:50 AM

Delna, how much baking soda do you use and how much water do you mix it with?

Thanks for sharing this method with us.

#49 wantperfectskin

wantperfectskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:51 AM

delna,

All I have to say is "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you". eusa_clap.gif

This regimen is amazing. My skin has not glowed like this in a long time. I changed my whole regimen including my cleanser so I think the combo that I am using is really working well for my skin.

MY REGIMEN:

Morning: Tea Tree Cleanser from Dessert Essence
DDF Matte - Finish Sunscreen SPF 30

Evening: Tea Tree Cleanser from Dessert Essence
Baking soda mixed with water
Organic apple cider vinegar w/water (wiped on with cotton ball and left on all night)

On occassion, I will use the Pure Deming Intense gel. I love this stuff too.

My face is clearing up really nice with the Tea Tree cleanser. I stopped using BP and differin/Retin A. I kept my regimen simple and it is just doing amazing things for my skin. I could not be more happy. Also, keep in mind that I have been drinking a lot of water and taking various vitamins.

I started exercising yesterday.

Also, I swtiched my shampoo/conditioner. I use Trader Joes Soy Milk shampoo and conditioner. My hair looks soooo good shock.gif (shiny and healthy). I am wearing it down (it is naturally straight) with no hairspray, gel, or other hair products. I love it. I know that it is not related to skin, but I wanted to let you know.

MY PROBLEM: Mild acne scarring w/some ice picks
SKIN COLOR: Olive
TREATMENTS: Had 11 punch floats w/Dr Y. on 3/3/05

I would love to go back to Dr. Y. and have more punch floats. Best procedue I have ever done.

#50 mx6_grl

mx6_grl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:50 PM

wow.. seems like this regimen is receiving a ton of praise.. thanks for sharing Delna, and being so patient/thorough in regards to answering ppl's questions smile.gif

Here's a couple of my own - is this regimen only for ppl who arent on any medication, or can roaccutane users follow it as well? Also, can you use the regimen on other areas of the body, eg. back/chest/arms?

#51 FantasyCLover

FantasyCLover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:53 PM

I have a quick question about the use of vinegar for redness and pigmentation, does it also lighten your skin tone? because i started using it for a couple of days before goign to bed, applying it directly from the bottle with a cotton ball, waiting five mins and applying differin gel. My skin looked alot whiter than it used to.

#52 loner

loner

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:29 PM

ThiS regimen is the shet meng , my red marks went from really red to a pink shade and its only the 3rd day. Thanks a lot for posting it.

#53 matt35mm

matt35mm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:23 PM

Is the mask helping to lighten the red marks, or is it mostly the baking soda/vinegar that does that? If I just did the baking soda/vinegar without the mask, would that be significantly less effective?

I just don't want to break open an egg everyday, seems a little wasteful.

Thanks.

#54 delna

delna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:53 AM

laukelekele, i just take one teaspoon of B.Soda and mix few drops of water till it becomes a paste.
u r so welcome. u cant imagine how happy i am when the others who have tried this responded back twice as excited eusa_clap.gif . Im thrilled!!

wantperfectskin...u r on ur way! keep up the good work, buddy! Have u tried the mask?

mx6_grl...thanks a lot for the nice words! it feels good to make ppl happy!!
u can use this regimen for any part of ur body. in fact, baking soda when added to ur bath water is a good skin polisher. (dont use it when ur skin is cracked or blistered though)..it will clean the pores deep and keep acne away. Did u also know that Acv when added to bath water makes skin and hair both silky? i tried this yesterday..i added a 1/4 cup of acv to 2 cups of water and used it as a last rinse for my hair after shampoo and conditioner....good lord...today morning..i cdnt recognize my hair..it was so soft my fingers just glided thru it eusa_whistle.gif !!
i really dont know if roaccutane users can do this. It maybe safe..but only ur dermatologist can tell u that. any topicals other than prescribed might make their skin drier coz of the effects of accutane. but since these r natural ingredients, there shdnt be a problem. but PLEASE, check with ur doctor first.

fantasyclover, acv is a natural bleach. it bleaches ur facial hair first...so u may feel ur skin tone has become lighter. eventually,it evens out ur skin tone and fades ur spot to the colour of the surrounding skin.

hey loner, whats 'shet meng'?? just curious biggrin.gif !! glad this is working for u.

matt35mm..u r SO RIGHT abt the wastage of food. i hate to waste food too. what i do is, when i make eggs in the morning, i keep aside one tablespoon of egg-white (thats all u need) and store it in the fridge to use it in the evening. the days when i dont make eggs, i break open one egg and store the egg-white in the fridge. u need only one tablespoon and it will stay in the fridge for a couple of days use. u can always use the rest when u r cooking and use a fresh one the next day.
The mask totally changed the texture of my skin. it rejuvenates, tightens pores and makes ur skin look fresh! of course, u can go without the mask too..why dont u experiment? if ur marks r fading without the mask, then u wont need it!

#55 wantperfectskin

wantperfectskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 09:09 AM

delna,

No I have not tried the mask yet. I can't wait to try it because it sounds promising.
MY PROBLEM: Mild acne scarring w/some ice picks
SKIN COLOR: Olive
TREATMENTS: Had 11 punch floats w/Dr Y. on 3/3/05

I would love to go back to Dr. Y. and have more punch floats. Best procedue I have ever done.

#56 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:17 AM

mx6, don't do ANY scrubs while you are on accutane. your skin is too thin.

#57 pinay

pinay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:44 AM

hey delna.. thanks for posting this! eusa_clap.gif I've only tried it last night and my face feels so smooth! I put the same amount of bp and I woke up this morning without flaky skin! I didn't even put on moisturizer but my face wasn't dried out at all!

And you mentioned about using acv on your hair too.. I had the same idea but then I was afraid my hair would smell like vinegar confused.gif What do you think??

#58 HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:49 PM

1. How does 1tbs of eggwhite go over your whole face? Does it go that far?

2. Secondly, if I decided to use baking soda as an exfoliant with my soap, when should the ACV afterwards be applied? Straight after the shower, or can I wait 15 minutes after my shower to give my face a chance to calm down and so I don't irritate it?

3. How is egg mask best applied?
"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke

#59 pink_sparkle

pink_sparkle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:21 PM

This regimen is amazing! I've only been doing it 3 days, and my skin feels like silk! And the huge red marks which were all over my forehead have faded dramatically! THANK YOU DELNA!!!

#60 delna

delna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:51 AM

hai pinay..im glad u r seeing positive results. just stick with it till u r completely clear of all marks.
Abt vinegar smell biggrin.gif ..hehe..it goes off in abt 20 mins both on ur face and hair...and if u blow dry ur hair..it goes off as soon as ur hair is dry!

Hummelectrichumm...
1) if u try the mask, then u will know!
2) acv works best when applied immediately after ur face is super-clean. so the answer to ur question is..'no, u neednt wait'.
3) whip 1 tbsp egg-white till frothy, add 1 small squeeze of lemon. mix with fingers. smoothen on face with fingertips. wait till dry. wash.

pink_sparkle...me glad u glad!!! keep up the good work!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users