Im so thrilled those who have tried my regimen are beginning to see positive results!
ok, lets clear some of ur doubts.
- my regimen is strictly based on the fact that a little goes a long way when it comes to skin. the more u worry abt it and smear it with all the products u set ur eyes upon at stores, the worse it becomes. Why do u think any spot on our body clears faster than the ones on our face? because we tend to leave it alone! thats the key to beautiful skin. clean it, pamper it, protect it...then give the poor thing some space and leave it alone!
u can mix baking soda with the cleanser or u can use it after cleansing. it doesnt matter. it does the same job! the reason i suggested mixing it is coz guys tend to be less patient than girls, lol!!
..also, u guys have one more thing to do, shave! so, it was just a tip to save u time. Whichever u prefer shd be fine! yes, the mask is important for tightening ur pores. u will be astonished at the results. it completely changed the look of my skin and gave it a brilliant glow! try it! and then tell me if that special someone asks u how u manage to look fresh all day...
if u make a paste of baking soda and water and feel it between ur fingers, u will notice that it has a very very fine granular texture. thats how it acts like an exfoliant. this will not irritate ur skin like the other scrubs. baking soda is a beauty treatment used for centuries. If u feel a spot coming, just apply warm water compresses on the spot for 10 mins. then put some baking soda paste on it. if u do this a few times, the pimple will draw to a head. u can then stretch the skin carefully( no squeezing!) to yield the pus and apply neosporin. ur pimple will heal without a scar, I promise!
vinegar will lighten ur red marks since it is a natural anti-oxidant.
dont know if there is any alternative to the egg-white/lemon mask. but of course, there r other masks that u can try. u have to find out what works for ur skin. i wish i cd be more specific..but i certainly dont want to give u any wrong advice.
take 1 tablespoon of egg-white, whip it up lightly with a fork till its frothy and add a small squeeze of lemon..mix it with ur fingers and apply. no need for blender, lol
. im sure none of us will have the time for that!
ATTENTION JSBEE AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO HAVE THIS DOUBT!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!
Baking powder is not meant to be used on skin. Bicarbonate of soda, i.e, baking SODA is what u shd be using. jsbee, pls be careful and dont play with ur skin
. glad u liked the mask!
baking soda shd be washed off immediately after using it for exfoliation. Its good to spot treat but never use it as a mask. u will be doing more harm than good. like i said, a little goes a long way!
cleanser can be any soap for sensitive skin. i wouldnt recommend any anti-acnel cleanser for this regimen, coz our goal is to clean the skin thoroughly before using an anti-acne product. this will increase the effectiveness of the anti-acne product. also, when u use more than ONE acne medication at a time, ur skin will dehydrate.
My regimen- morning
- clean with Dove soap hypoallergenic fragnance-free for sensitive skin. wash.
- massage gently with a paste of BAKING SODA( please, not baking powder!) and water. wash immediately. pat dry.
- mix apple cider vinegar with water in a ratio which ur skin can tolerate. for this, ur skin is the best judge. a little redness in the beginning is normal and will go away. but if u feel its really irritating ur skin, stop using it promptly, wait for 2 days, then try again with a very very weak solution. u can increase the concentration once ur skin is used to it. wait for 10 mins..i iron my clothes or prepare tea at this time. Wash it off.
- apply Proactiv BP repairing lotion. massage it in. (u can use any acne cream which works for u, but be moderate with the quantity. really, once ur skin is crystal clean, u dont need too much of it...any acne cream used in huge quantities damage ur skin...no matter how much u moisturise. i use the amt Dan suggests for beginners. heres the link..u can use the amt shown in the first picture.http://www.acne.org/finger.html
- Cetaphil moisturiser with SPF 15. thats enough for the cold climate. I will switch to SPF 30 when it gets warmer again.
- light make-up.
-cleanse with Dove
-apply egg-white mask. wash off after it dries
-apply Pro-activ BP
- off to bed...thrilled that this is working already, confident that this WILL continue working, hopeful that i will be free of all red marks in a few months from now.
i got pms from some members saying that they r getting results already. Thanks all of you for trying this out. im sure u wont regret it! Take care!!