Photo

Ways to combat stress effects?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 18 2004, 02:12 AM)
That won't work for a traumatic event though. If your mind is full of chronic stress(Like those whose self-esteem is nothing and thinks that everyone they meet will hate them because of their acne) exercise will only go so far.

View Post

not my experience at all...

consistent exercise will in fact take you quite far.

however - as suggested earlier - combined with relaxation techniques this effect is intensified..

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#22 Artemis

Artemis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:39 AM

Apologies everyone for taking so long to reply. I actually don't have internet access right now due to an unfortunate technological incident. (I'm writing this at the library.)

And yes, I've found that when I'm actually disciplined enough to keep up with a quasi-daily exercise regimen, stress just slides off of me, even if I don't manage to work out every day. Besides the physiological and chemical reasons, it also helps take your mind off the everyday dreck of life, and there's nothing like the feeling of stepping out of the shower with sore muscles. lol.gif

Thanks everyone for your prompt and helpful responses. Exams are over for now, and thus so is the main source of my stress. I will be sure to look into your suggestions for future use, however.

Solidarity.

- Artemis

#23 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

Cat naps help me a lot.When I was in school I took short breaks every 60-90 minutes for 5 minutes to refocus.And, I used a typist, so I could not procrastinate on my papers.She had to have them a week before they were due.No burning the midnight oil on papers at least. My stress was greatly reduced and my GPA stayed up too. Good luck next term. biggrin.gif