Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris_uk

Drinking water?

16 posts in this topic

Just joined & been reading over some posts.

My question: Does drinking bottled mineral water help acne? Also, what would you class as a "good diet"...?

Thank you.

Any water is fine. Even if you can only get tap water, then buy a water filter(Brita on-tap is great) and drink anywhere from 8-16 glasses a day.

Oh and a good diet is one that includes plenty of vegetables, fruit, lean meats and doesn't have a lot of refined carbs, sugars or non-natural items.

A good acne diet is one that doesn't have any of the foods that trigger an outbreak in you. You have to experiment to find the right diet to control your acne.

hi, don't get me started in fluoride. The goverment used to spray chemicals in the air that was good for us in the 60's, that is gone. Other countries have stopped putting fluoride in water, and i think soon it will stop here. There are tonnes of articles by academics.

Um... cool. But fluoride in water is considered one of the best cavity fighters and no one has ever proven it to be dangerous to anything in common amounts.

PS: The "tonnes of articles" mostly date to the 1970s. Almost all recent reports of fluoride find only positive benefits.

no not really. search google. I have an article written by a previous nobel prize winnder saying fluridation of water is quite useless, not to mention unethical. Lemme find the article, it is a few years old now from a magazine

im sure drinking water benefits tbh

this last week i've been drinking coke again and i have a few nasty red spots

i won't be buying coke next time i go to the supermarket lol

Fun fact I know from experience:

If you start drinking 3 liters of water, you'll pee constantly for a week or two and then your body will be better at not going all the time and you'll be back in your old pee-habits but with more water in your diet.

I add a little lemon juice to the water to help with detoxing.

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."

- Abraham Lincoln