red mark oily skin

182 replies to this topic

#141 LifeNacne

LifeNacne

Psychologist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Magic , i am magician and i have been doing magic for 10 years now..

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:33 AM

Ive tried this and i still do it , i think it works and most people stop posting here once they get clear , because then they get busy with their social life i think and they dont wanna miss any single moment being clear and away from acne and stress of acne,
I totally cleared out with this regimen and my other trial and error only thing now that is bothering me is FREAKIN red marks they take time to fade away which is just pissin me off..

#142 L8302

L8302

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

Could you elaborate on how you use the epsom salts, I've read most of the posts on here but I'm still a little unclear about how it would fit in with my regimen.

I currently wash with a natural organic tea tree cleanser, tone with a homemade apple cider vinegar/water/lavender/bergamot/lemon mix and then moisturize with jojoba or coconut oil.

Recently I've started using Diacneal lotion on top of my oils at night.

If I was going to incorporate epsom salts to this process how would I do it? Would I have to skip the moisturizer/oils at night?

Do epsom salts dry out your skin? Do you think it would be as effective to wash off before bed?

Thanks for any help!
QUOTE(LifeNacne @ Jan 26 2006, 02:33 AM) View Post

Ive tried this and i still do it , i think it works and most people stop posting here once they get clear , because then they get busy with their social life i think and they dont wanna miss any single moment being clear and away from acne and stress of acne,
I totally cleared out with this regimen and my other trial and error only thing now that is bothering me is FREAKIN red marks they take time to fade away which is just pissin me off..

#143 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

They haven't dried out my skin yet. I just got some Alpha Hydrox Souffle 12% Glycolic Acid, so I've discontinued using all other forms of exfoliators on my face so I don't risk over-irritation, but I'm currently using the epsons for a bath and also daily on body acne. So far not much to report, I'm only a few days into it.

I've also drank some, but they are by far the worst tasting thing I've had, with the exception of rancid milk. I'd rather gulp straight vinegar.

#144 Andrew_J

Andrew_J

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 59
About Me

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

epsom salt is a laxative if digested... so don't drink it unless you need to poo... it's not going to clear you up that way... I used some tonight 2/3 $ at walgreens... Seemed to work I followed it up with got2b in your skin mask that I just bought too... I have light acne hopefully it works. I used some in the shower as a scrub, was nice.

#145 celebration

celebration

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:55 AM

I tried this last night. I am on Dan's Clear Skin Regimen, but I skipped my BP application last night, to give my skin a break.

Poured about 4 tablespoons of Epsoms Salts in a little bowl.
Added about the same amount of very hot tap water (has to be hot so the salts will melt).
Swished it around til the crystals dissolved.
Dipped a square of toilet tissue in the salt water.
Tore the square into four little pieces.
Applied each piece to a separate bump/cluster of bumps on my face.
Left it there, stuck to my skin, overnight.

Gosh, wouldn't ya know, when I peeled off those pieces of TP this morning, there was a difference. My two cysts flattened out considerably. And the two clusters of little pimples dried up a LOT.

#146 think76

think76

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 59
About Me
  • Interests:Literary Fiction

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

I have been using an Apple Cider Vinegar toner with distilled water and Epsom Salts. I also have added the salts as a scrub once a day. I still use BP at night, and I've been thrilled with the results.

#147 celebration

celebration

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(think76 @ Jan 31 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

I have been using an Apple Cider Vinegar toner with distilled water and Epsom Salts. I also have added the salts as a scrub once a day. I still use BP at night, and I've been thrilled with the results.

Isn't Epsom Salts great? I love it! I'm still using it as a poultice on my active spots. Once all the active ones are gone, I am going to try the Apple Cider Vinegar toner and ES scrub. Hoping it'll help with the redness. Still using BP, as well.

#148 dizzylizzy

dizzylizzy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

Thinking on adding epsom salt in my ACV toner. Anyone think this is a good or bad idea?

#149 damedane

damedane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:09 AM

I've been spending my time out on the boards here: http://www.acne.org/...howtopic=117933, but....

Out on the site www.enzymestuff.com/epsomsalts.htm#1, there's this interesting recipe for Epsom salt cream that seems to fit in with this thread (if anybody is still reading it?!):

Homemade lotion – This is my favorite at the moment. Cheap and easy.

Recipe 1 from Karen D: Heat some Epsom salts with a little water to dissolve them. I put about one teaspoon of water in three tablespoons of salts and microwave for a minute or so. Add more water if necessary. Then mix this into around four ounces of any lotion or cream you like. I have used suntan lotion, handcream, cocoa butter, body lotion, aloe vera cream, whatever I find that is on sale or inexpensive without the chemicals I am trying to avoid. This seems to work better if the cream or lotion is water-based rather than oil-based. Good buys are at the local grocer in the lotion section. Apply to skin anywhere as often as desired. Some new commercially prepared Epsom salt creams are available but can be very expensive and may contain chemicals that are not tolerated.

#150 dizzylizzy

dizzylizzy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(damedane @ Oct 18 2006, 04:09 AM) View Post

I've been spending my time out on the boards here: http://www.acne.org/...howtopic=117933, but....

Out on the site www.enzymestuff.com/epsomsalts.htm#1, there's this interesting recipe for Epsom salt cream that seems to fit in with this thread (if anybody is still reading it?!):

Homemade lotion – This is my favorite at the moment. Cheap and easy.

Recipe 1 from Karen D: Heat some Epsom salts with a little water to dissolve them. I put about one teaspoon of water in three tablespoons of salts and microwave for a minute or so. Add more water if necessary. Then mix this into around four ounces of any lotion or cream you like. I have used suntan lotion, handcream, cocoa butter, body lotion, aloe vera cream, whatever I find that is on sale or inexpensive without the chemicals I am trying to avoid. This seems to work better if the cream or lotion is water-based rather than oil-based. Good buys are at the local grocer in the lotion section. Apply to skin anywhere as often as desired. Some new commercially prepared Epsom salt creams are available but can be very expensive and may contain chemicals that are not tolerated.

I am still reading it hehehe... thnx for the tip. This is for acne? on the spot treatment or as a daily lotion for redness?

#151 KnowShow

KnowShow

"you need to forgive everyone in your life, and yourself

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:www.waisays.com

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:17 PM

this kicks ass... have been using the epsom salt only.. getting some tea tree oil and vinegar tomrrow...

thanks for this post.. or thanks to whoever brought it back... woohoo. getting clear..

not just from this..... got a great diet going.. low GI.. mostly raw.. no cooked meat. .. sweet potatoes.. salads w/ olive oil. sushi.. no rice. fruit w/ yogurt.... LOTS OF YOGURT>> thanks RS. Also started the Broccoli pills. BroccoMax. Salicylic Acid too. Also i think im hitting that age where my hormones are balancing naturally. ... . i hope.

#152 KnowShow

KnowShow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

i know i was the last one to post but I want everyone to see this... this seriously works.. and ive tried everything from Wais diet .. to the best supplements/vitamins.. to topicals.. OTC. prescripition and Natural.. B5. u name it. This is worth a shot. i havent' even tried the Tea tree and vinegaar.. keep forgetting to get the vinegar.. in my last post i listed other reasons why my skin is doing the best its been in 4 years. Salicylic. diet.. etc.. when i was just doing that my skin was doing 50 % better than usual.. with this its 90%. ill get a tiny white head every other day and will kill it off that night . Redmarks suck ass though and hopefully the vinegar will help. Good luck .

#153 _-Plagued-_

_-Plagued-_

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

hey there KnowShow =) so how xactly r u using epsom salts 2 keep u clear? i mean as a exfoliator, a spot treatment, a cleanser, as part of the "Dip" regime, as a toner?

thanks =) im glad this is working 4 u 2!!

#154 KnowShow

KnowShow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:09 PM

i guess i use it as a cleanser, exfoliator, toner. I mix very little HOT water with a few tablespoons of salt and then rub it into my face.. if i have any whiteheads I carefully pop them first. Then I rub the salt in em.. they usually die.

#155 _-Plagued-_

_-Plagued-_

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:16 PM

hey KnowShow =)

Im glad its all working 4 ya!

how long have u been doing this epsom salt regime?

ive heard of ppl having really good progress wiv vis and then suddenly it all goes bad again or even worse =O

i am currently just using it as a spot treatment as i am a bit 2 worried 2 go 2 full on with the epsom salt

thanks =)

#156 KnowShow

KnowShow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(_-Plagued-_ @ Oct 23 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post

hey KnowShow =)

Im glad its all working 4 ya!

how long have u been doing this epsom salt regime?

ive heard of ppl having really good progress wiv vis and then suddenly it all goes bad again or even worse =O

i am currently just using it as a spot treatment as i am a bit 2 worried 2 go 2 full on with the epsom salt

thanks =)

well.. its still workign good, but not as great as tI thought. Its more of a treatment supplement than a prevention supplement. However when I wear it at night, as a toner/mask.. it hardens on my face, I feel like I get less new pimples. Where the epsom salt KICKS ASS is when it makes pimples come to a head, then I pop them and then cover them in epsom salt.... (Always mix salt with very hot water, then apply to face.. it will then recrystalize.)

#157 D.T.A

D.T.A

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:17 AM

Interesting...all of this is very interesting!

#158 _-Plagued-_

_-Plagued-_

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:40 PM

i used the epsome salt as a spot treatment the other night and went to bed. i woke up with these scratches on my face where the salt crystals had scratched my skin and then they turned into pimples like it was a reaction to the irritation?

it was pretty stink lol

ne way now i do the spot treatment a while b4 i go 2 bed then gently flake off the crystals with a dry tissue just b4 i go 2 sleep.

i hope this will still be reasonably effective because i havent washed it off ive just brushed off the sharp crystals?

wat u guys think

oh and thatnks 4 the feed back KnowShow =)

#159 D.T.A

D.T.A

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:52 PM

The epson salts work fine... they flatten all lesions in a day or two.

#160 thomas84

thomas84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

i have epsom salts but not sure how to use them, ive read these pages and im still a bit unsure. Whats the exact method!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users