Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Convincing my parents To get accutane

12 posts in this topic

i have really bad painfull cystic and regular acne on my back much of which is causing scarring. i also have acne of my face

ive had it since 7th grade and been on retin-a, differn, 7 antibiotics, breovoxyl wash, and clyndamicyn

my parents wont let me get accutane

ive been askign fro 2 years, my moms friends son went on it with great results, and told my mom shed let her other son get it if he needed it

my parents said, get on honor roll in school (all As and Bs) and theyll let me

i cant even cocentrate on school because im in a constant depression because of my acne. I try hard in school and am on honor roll except 1 class, im always so depressed over my acne. i wont take my shirt off anywhere and i always try to hide

they wont let me get accutane and i need it and i would do anything to get it.

please give me any suggestions on getting them to let me take it

Sorry to hear that...don't know how to work around the problem. good luck, though

[sig-img:479]

If i were you, id be pretty desperate. Id even be desperate enuff to ask taht friend of yours for a small pack of accutane. I b like,"ill pay you $50 for a pack dude."

j/k j/k

But seriosously, that suks. My parents wont lemme on accutane either and i heard its guarnteed to work. cry.gif

My mother has qualms about me going on Roaccutane too.

I just told her to shut the f**k up and pay. (Well, I still have to go on it, but i convinced her using the aforemention statment)

eusa_dance.gif

This approach is often very effective.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=485

"Unlike the god that is believed in, humans aren't forgiving enough to love their enemies"- Satella Harvenheit

How old are you? If you're 18 or older... just go on it yourself. You don't need parent consent than.

If not... I would NOT recommend forging their signature...

Don't know what else to tell ya man... just hang in there... you might out grow it.

You're funny when you're mad...

tell them how it is with acne, how it affects your life, your confidence, about the scars and how they can be permanet.. if you dont have them yet then you will

good luck

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

I think using acne as an incentive to go well in school is just DIS-GUST-ING. They've obviously never had acne and therefore don't understand the psychological implications it has as well as the aesthetic ones.

(my dermy talked to my mother without end telling her how acne was not just something on the surface but also something deeper and darker and yap yap yap.

Either way, I've finally got roaccutane, and i'm taking my first pill tonight.

If i were you I'd hold a grudge on my parents and never talk to them and tell them off all the time because of this. Use the psychological warfare against them.

Let me know about your progress.

Blessed Be,

Amedeo

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=485

"Unlike the god that is believed in, humans aren't forgiving enough to love their enemies"- Satella Harvenheit

i have really bad painfull cystic and regular acne on my back much of which is causing scarring. i also have acne of my face

ive had it since 7th grade and been on retin-a, differn, 7 antibiotics, breovoxyl wash, and clyndamicyn

ive been askign fro 2 years, my moms friends son went on it with great results, and told my mom shed let her other son get it if he needed it

i cant even cocentrate on school because im in a constant depression because of my acne. I try hard in school and am on honor roll except 1 class, im always so depressed over my acne. i wont take my shirt off anywhere and i always try to hide

yea your right, accutane is dangerous, it stops the blood in your heart, and makes you pick up a gun and shoot yourself.

blame it on accutane, not the emotional stress that has been inflinged prior to accutane. and the doctors might of not told people about the inital breakout, they might think like their stuck with it and end it all.

again, not the drug.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

yea your right, accutane is dangerous, it stops the blood in your heart, and makes you pick up a gun and shoot yourself.

blame it on accutane, not the emotional stress that has been inflinged prior to accutane. and the doctors might of not told people about the inital breakout, they might think like their stuck with it and end it all.

again, not the drug.

What the hell are you on about?

Pop 1000 pills of anything for all I care and by all means ...do not bother to even read what it says on the bottle..Its your life ,your body and your right to f**k it up !!!

Cheers !!! cool.gif