Photo
- - - - -

Convincing my parents To get accutane

depression

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 evan3037

evan3037

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:27 PM

i have really bad painfull cystic and regular acne on my back much of which is causing scarring. i also have acne of my face

ive had it since 7th grade and been on retin-a, differn, 7 antibiotics, breovoxyl wash, and clyndamicyn

my parents wont let me get accutane

ive been askign fro 2 years, my moms friends son went on it with great results, and told my mom shed let her other son get it if he needed it

my parents said, get on honor roll in school (all As and Bs) and theyll let me

i cant even cocentrate on school because im in a constant depression because of my acne. I try hard in school and am on honor roll except 1 class, im always so depressed over my acne. i wont take my shirt off anywhere and i always try to hide

they wont let me get accutane and i need it and i would do anything to get it.

please give me any suggestions on getting them to let me take it

#2 Joel

Joel

coke zero = win

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear that...don't know how to work around the problem. good luck, though

#3 Hustler1

Hustler1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:55 PM

If i were you, id be pretty desperate. Id even be desperate enuff to ask taht friend of yours for a small pack of accutane. I b like,"ill pay you $50 for a pack dude."

j/k j/k

But seriosously, that suks. My parents wont lemme on accutane either and i heard its guarnteed to work. cry.gif

#4 asdrubalex

asdrubalex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

My mother has qualms about me going on Roaccutane too.

I just told her to shut the f**k up and pay. (Well, I still have to go on it, but i convinced her using the aforemention statment)

eusa_dance.gif

This approach is often very effective.

#5 PoeticFuse

PoeticFuse

Hi, my name is Dan.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:57 PM

How old are you? If you're 18 or older... just go on it yourself. You don't need parent consent than.

If not... I would NOT recommend forging their signature...

Don't know what else to tell ya man... just hang in there... you might out grow it.

#6 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:11 PM

tell them how it is with acne, how it affects your life, your confidence, about the scars and how they can be permanet.. if you dont have them yet then you will

good luck

#7 asdrubalex

asdrubalex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:08 PM

I think using acne as an incentive to go well in school is just DIS-GUST-ING. They've obviously never had acne and therefore don't understand the psychological implications it has as well as the aesthetic ones.

(my dermy talked to my mother without end telling her how acne was not just something on the surface but also something deeper and darker and yap yap yap.
Either way, I've finally got roaccutane, and i'm taking my first pill tonight.
If i were you I'd hold a grudge on my parents and never talk to them and tell them off all the time because of this. Use the psychological warfare against them.

Let me know about your progress.

Blessed Be,

Amedeo

#8 xyz

xyz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(evan3037 @ Nov 6 2004, 09:27 PM)
i have really bad painfull cystic and regular acne on my back much of which is causing scarring. i also have acne of my face

ive had it since 7th grade and been on retin-a, differn, 7 antibiotics, breovoxyl wash, and clyndamicyn

ive been askign fro 2 years, my moms friends son went on it with great results, and told my mom shed let her other son get it if he needed it

i cant even cocentrate on school because im in a constant depression because of my acne. I try hard in school and am on honor roll except 1 class, im always so depressed over my acne. i wont take my shirt off anywhere and i always try to hide

View Post

I had the same problem as you with cysts...and I know how much they hurt and the ugly scars they leave.
I went to the doctor a year back and he gave me accutane...I don`t know how much this drug costs where you are from but here it was over $300.
I said ok ...anything if it will get me healed ...I was DESPERATE!
I`m a female btw and have had a clear face through puberty ...I`m now 22 and just could not get used to having those nasty things on my face .
The doctor told me very little about the side effects of this drug but he did mention dry lips , mouth , eyes ...that I was not allowed to tan during treatment(leaves you with depigmentation) or get pregnant(child with malformations)but other than that he told me nothing.
Since my acne was only on the T area and the rest of my face was so dry the skin on my cheeks and lips peeld off...I wanted to read more about this drug before anything ...All I did was to google on accutane and found boards where ppl that have used it/were going to talked about this drug and how it affected them.
I do not want to scare you so please read the boards yourself before you go for it...It has tons of long term side effects ....There are ppl that consider this drug should be banned in the states ....As desperate as I was I decided it was better to try something else rather than toy with my health.
I`m not saying you should not go for it ...it seems to work for some but they still do not know how it affects the body on a long term.
And if you are still young and growing up I`m not sure that would be such a good idea ...even if this drug is mainly a huge dossage of a vitamin.
Talk to a doctor about it if you have not already and ask about it but as I said ...It does not hurt to read what other ppl that have used it have to say.
In the end you decide but you should know all the facts before you do!
Good luck!

#9 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

yea your right, accutane is dangerous, it stops the blood in your heart, and makes you pick up a gun and shoot yourself.

blame it on accutane, not the emotional stress that has been inflinged prior to accutane. and the doctors might of not told people about the inital breakout, they might think like their stuck with it and end it all.

again, not the drug.

#10 xyz

xyz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Nov 19 2004, 09:45 PM)
yea your right, accutane is dangerous, it stops the blood in your heart, and makes you pick up a gun and shoot yourself.

blame it on accutane, not the emotional stress that has been inflinged prior to accutane. and the doctors might of not told people about the inital breakout, they might think like their stuck with it and end it all.

again, not the drug.

View Post

What the hell are you on about?
Pop 1000 pills of anything for all I care and by all means ...do not bother to even read what it says on the bottle..Its your life ,your body and your right to f**k it up !!!

Cheers !!! cool.gif

#11 Hustler1

Hustler1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(xyz @ Nov 19 2004, 03:32 PM)
What the hell are you on about?
Pop 1000 pills of anything for all I care and by all means ...do not bother to even read what it says on the bottle..Its your life ,your body and your right to f**k it up !!!

Cheers !!! cool.gif

View Post

RIght On!!!!! eusa_clap.gif

SOme of us are just that desperate and crazy.

#12 ecsrun2

ecsrun2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(evan3037 @ Nov 6 2004, 09:27 PM)

View Post

I can totally relate. It does not feel fair for a parent to decide something for you that will result in YOUR scarring - both mentally and physically.

I hate to say this, but you might want to take a more extreme role. If the money is an issue, well... Even at a young age, I'm sure you could work enough to pay the accutate cost each month.

One problem though, accutane may not be terribly effective as a long term solution for you. If your body is naturally changing, you may relapse as soon as you stop taking the accutane.

Regardless, if it were me, I wouldn't leave the house until they let me on it. I'm serious - I wouldn't goto school, I wouldn't leave my room, I'd pretend I was having a nervous break down. If I took the accutate and it didn't help me, well I'd toss that one up to bad luck and force myself to move on with life.

I hope the best for you.

Cheers,
Eric

(and yes accutane cured 99.99% of my acne, all I use now are topical solutions to maintain clear skin. I had cystic acne on my back, chest and neck)