Photo
Hyperpigmentation

Please Help Me! Hyperpigmentation/red Marks How To Fade Them?

scarring red marks acne scars fade

3 replies to this topic

#1 mazzyyyy

mazzyyyy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

After going on a birth control pill 3 months ago my skin has stopped breaking out however my face still looks like I have super bad acne because of hyperpigmentation! It's so frustrating my skin feels smooth and clear but I have red marks all over my cheeks! I've looked everywhere on information about fading them but can't seem to find it anywhere.. Please someone help me it's really getting me down am I stuck like this forever?
The marks have been there since around May and haven't faded at all is there anything I can do to speed the process up please help me I'm literally desperate:(

#2 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

First things first make sure you are wearing sunscreen while you are outdoors, any sun that you get will make those red marks stick around that much longer. So make sure to wear sunscreen. SPF 30 will do just fine.

I've had really great results with acne.org AHA+ it's a chemical exfoliater. It works really well for me. I was seeing my marks fade in 2 weeks and my marks were barely noticeable after a couple of months. Retin A is also a topical that will exfoliate your skin. Your dermatologist can prescribe that, you run the risk or purging with retin A though. I really recommend the AHA. Paula's choice has AHA products too.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#3 luwcas20

luwcas20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

First things first make sure you are wearing sunscreen while you are outdoors, any sun that you get will make those red marks stick around that much longer. So make sure to wear sunscreen. SPF 30 will do just fine.
I've had really great results with acne.org AHA+ it's a chemical exfoliater. It works really well for me. I was seeing my marks fade in 2 weeks and my marks were barely noticeable after a couple of months. Retin A is also a topical that will exfoliate your skin. Your dermatologist can prescribe that, you run the risk or purging with retin A though. I really recommend the AHA. Paula's choice has AHA products too.

Hello, just interested, what routes did you go down for treating hyperigmentation before you got to the AHA?? And what was most effective for you? Wanting to try out a few things before putting the hand in the pocket. Thanks

#4 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Aloe Vera, lemon juice, Hydroquinone, retin a, retin a micro. I didn't get much results from any of these. The retin a just caused more acne for me, the Hydroquinone just left me oily and gave me blackheads. The lemon juice, faded my marks ever so slightly after a couple months use, aloe did nothing.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users