Photo
Glycolic Acid

Qs About Glycolic Acid

redness acne inflammation

Best Answer Like Moonlight, 29 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

I find it works really well for fading red marks. I use acne.org AHA+ which is glycolic acid. It faded my marks really quickly. I conte to use it daily as a spot treatment if needed and just to give my skin a clean glow. Are you looking at acne.orgs or another brand?
I don't think you will be disappointed in the product at all. A lot of people have great luck with glycolic acid, including myself.
I get the big pump bottle from the site and use it daily and it lasts me a year.

Thank you for the quick response, Like Moonlight. I think I will order it from acne.org because I really trust them. I own everything else from them and my sensitive skin loves the products. 

So onto my other question, how often do you apply it? and how much? to see a noticeable difference? Thanks so much.

I agree that acne.org products are great for sensitive skin. I also have really sensitive skin and my skin loves the AHA. I apply it every night before bed, and I use a pumps worth and apply it lightly on my face and use what's remaining on my neck. I started to see a difference and other people did too in about 2 weeks. They were lightening up at that point. My face was clear of hyper-pigmentation just around month 3. I continue to use it daily even though I don't have any more red marks because I use it to spot treat any acne that pops up from time to time and it makes my skin so soft and smooth and gives my skin a nice glow, make me look more youthful and in order to get those results you need to continue using the product. Go to the full post

9 replies to this topic

#1 PolskaBlondynka

PolskaBlondynka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help answer a question of mine (preferably if you use glycolic acid in your regimen). My complexion is 98% clear and I noticed whenever I do actually break out, it's during stress or time of month. Whenever I do get a couple zits, they usually take a few days to clear up but once they are gone, I have these red marks that last longer than 3 months. It really irks me. I have a light complexion so it's a lot more noticeable. 

I was looking into glycolic acid because it has a peeling effect. Would this be a good product to try for post-zit red marks? I'm tired of waiting forever for them to disappear, and once they do, a new zit or two will pop up leaving the exact same evidence after. Has anyone noticed any significance with glycolic acid on red marks and speeding the process up? I don't want to spend $18 and then realize it doesn't work as I hoped it would. Thank you! 

#2 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Typically, lactic acid is better for hyperpigmentation like the red marks pimples leave. 

#3 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

I find it works really well for fading red marks. I use acne.org AHA+ which is glycolic acid. It faded my marks really quickly. I conte to use it daily as a spot treatment if needed and just to give my skin a clean glow. Are you looking at acne.orgs or another brand?
I don't think you will be disappointed in the product at all. A lot of people have great luck with glycolic acid, including myself. :)
I get the big pump bottle from the site and use it daily and it lasts me a year.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

A glycolic serum can be a great starting point. You will have to use it everyday to see results. 

Personally for my marks after years of acne, 10% serums were just not enough. I had to work up to 70% peels to really notice any difference. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 PolskaBlondynka

PolskaBlondynka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

I don't think you will be disappointed in the product at all. A lot of people have great luck with glycolic acid, including myself.

Thank you for the quick response, Like Moonlight. I think I will order it from acne.org because I really trust them. I own everything else from them and my sensitive skin loves the products. 

So onto my other question, how often do you apply it? and how much? to see a noticeable difference? Thanks so much.

Edited by PolskaBlondynka, 29 August 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#6 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:30 PM   Best Answer

I agree that acne.org products are great for sensitive skin. I also have really sensitive skin and my skin loves the AHA. I apply it every night before bed, and I use a pumps worth and apply it lightly on my face and use what's remaining on my neck. I started to see a difference and other people did too in about 2 weeks. They were lightening up at that point. My face was clear of hyper-pigmentation just around month 3. I continue to use it daily even though I don't have any more red marks because I use it to spot treat any acne that pops up from time to time and it makes my skin so soft and smooth and gives my skin a nice glow, make me look more youthful and in order to get those results you need to continue using the product.
Regimen:

#7 PolskaBlondynka

PolskaBlondynka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Thanks, Like Moonlight. I'm pretty much sold. I am hoping my skin will react to it well. I have very mild acne, usually only when I stress or time of month, but for some reason if I get 1-2 pimples on my cheek, the red mark tends to linger for more than a month. I am hoping this will speed up the process as I absolutely hate wearing concealer other than under my eyes.

#8 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thanks, Like Moonlight. I'm pretty much sold. I am hoping my skin will react to it well. I have very mild acne, usually only when I stress or time of month, but for some reason if I get 1-2 pimples on my cheek, the red mark tends to linger for more than a month. I am hoping this will speed up the process as I absolutely hate wearing concealer other than under my eyes.

I think you will really like it, it feels so nice on the skin and I think it will be perfect to spot treat the couple of pimples you get a month and to speed up the process of fading those red marks.
Regimen:

#9 Hound

Hound

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

Hey LikeMoonlight

I saw your post in the other AHA thread and made me curious, do you use AHA daily while still using BP and/or the regular regimen? If so, are you using it as a moisturiser after BP? Or do you apply this instead of NP. I ask because I wonder if AHA can replace BP altogether.

Edited by Hound, 06 September 2014 - 03:27 AM.

#10 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

I do not use the regimen because my skin doesn't react well to the BP. I use it as a treatment though and it works well
Regimen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users