Jump to content

Photo

How Do You Start A New "product Reviews" Entry?

product review

7 replies to this topic

#1 SirLuminary

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

The title says it all. The search bar didn't yield an answer and I couldn't find it myself.

So yeah, what's the process to start a new entry?

#2 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
    Posts: 270
    Likes: 16
  • Location:California
  • Interests:MMA, Basketball, Research, Not having acne, Not having acne, and Not having acne.
  • Joined: 28-March 11

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Click on community, product reviews, then search your product you want to review

#3 SirLuminary

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

I figured it out myself.

For anyone who's also wondering how to do this:

1. Go to Product Reviews section

2. Enter a product name that is not in Acne.org's database

3. Once it shows that there's 0 results, you'll be able to click on a button to "Add a New Item to Our Database"

That one's simple. I know how to do that. What I meant was to actually start a new page for a product entry that doesn't yet exist in their database.

#4 Dan

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, that's how it works. If you search and it doesn't come up, that's the only time the "add new item" button comes up.

Do you think that's best? I looked around at other reviews sites and this seemed to be how it's done, but I agree that it can seem frustrating. If you know of another reviews database somewhere that does this better, please give me a link and I'll improve this.

#5 SirLuminary

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

In my opinion a more straightforward way to organize it would be like this:

Search for a product >>> Good chances you'll find what you're looking for >>> If you get hits, but none are exactly what you're looking for, then display an "Add New Product" button (Instead of the mandatory "0 Results Found," before it's displayed -- although have it on that page as well).

#6 Dan

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

I don't quite understand. Do you mean for instance, on this page where I searched for "Neutrogena" and I got a bunch of results, but I realize there is no result for the exact item I'm looking for, to have an Add This Item button on this page as well?

#7 SirLuminary

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Bingo!

#8 Dan

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

OK, this has been implemented. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can see an example of this new button here:  http://www.acne.org/...name=neutrogena

0 user(s) are reading this topic