Jump to content

Photo

How Do You Start A New "product Reviews" Entry?

product review

10 replies to this topic

#1 SirLuminary

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

The title says it all. The search bar didn't yield an answer and I couldn't find it myself.

So yeah, what's the process to start a new entry?

#2 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
    Posts: 279
    Likes: 17
  • Location:California
  • Interests:MMA, Basketball, Research, Not having acne, Not having acne, and Not having acne.
  • Joined: 28-March 11

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Click on community, product reviews, then search your product you want to review

#3 SirLuminary

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

I figured it out myself.

For anyone who's also wondering how to do this:

1. Go to Product Reviews section

2. Enter a product name that is not in Acne.org's database

3. Once it shows that there's 0 results, you'll be able to click on a button to "Add a New Item to Our Database"

That one's simple. I know how to do that. What I meant was to actually start a new page for a product entry that doesn't yet exist in their database.

#4 Dan

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, that's how it works. If you search and it doesn't come up, that's the only time the "add new item" button comes up.

Do you think that's best? I looked around at other reviews sites and this seemed to be how it's done, but I agree that it can seem frustrating. If you know of another reviews database somewhere that does this better, please give me a link and I'll improve this.

#5 SirLuminary

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

In my opinion a more straightforward way to organize it would be like this:

Search for a product >>> Good chances you'll find what you're looking for >>> If you get hits, but none are exactly what you're looking for, then display an "Add New Product" button (Instead of the mandatory "0 Results Found," before it's displayed -- although have it on that page as well).

#6 Dan

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

I don't quite understand. Do you mean for instance, on this page where I searched for "Neutrogena" and I got a bunch of results, but I realize there is no result for the exact item I'm looking for, to have an Add This Item button on this page as well?

#7 SirLuminary

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Bingo!

#8 Dan

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

OK, this has been implemented. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can see an example of this new button here:  http://www.acne.org/...name=neutrogena

#9 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Site Watch
    Posts: 2,081
    Likes: 463
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Europe
  • Interests:professional editor, researcher & writer.
    Interests: movies, traveling, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle
    My Grocery list (low histamine diet): http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/340189-my-grocery-list/
  • Joined: 06-November 11

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:09 AM

What happened to the Pros & Cons section of product reviews? I added a couple of items to the database (still pending approval), and I noticed that the Pros & Cons list was missing. I thought that having that list makes it easier and faster to read the reviews.
Supplements: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements, magnesium citrate [sometimes].

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list: http://www.acne.org/...y-grocery-list/

** Find the cause, find the cure **
** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

#10 Control Panel

Control Panel

• Site Watch
    Posts: 507
    Likes: 161
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Joined: 14-November 13

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Yes, please bring that feature back.

#11 Dan

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

I decided to get rid of that. People were telling me it felt redundant. They wrote about the pros and cons in the general review and then didn't know what to write in the pros and cons section. I agreed with this and also researched major review sites and things are going toward simplicity in reviews. It can be overwhelming to people who are going to review something to see so many things they need to fill out. I want as many reviews as possible and for it to be a pleasant, uncomplicated and easy experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic