How Do You Start A New "product Reviews" Entry?

12 posts in this topic

The title says it all. The search bar didn't yield an answer and I couldn't find it myself.

So yeah, what's the process to start a new entry?

Link to post

Click on community, product reviews, then search your product you want to review

Link to post

I figured it out myself.

For anyone who's also wondering how to do this:

1. Go to Product Reviews section

2. Enter a product name that is not in Acne.org's database

3. Once it shows that there's 0 results, you'll be able to click on a button to "Add a New Item to Our Database"

That one's simple. I know how to do that. What I meant was to actually start a new page for a product entry that doesn't yet exist in their database.

1 person likes this

Link to post

Yeah, that's how it works. If you search and it doesn't come up, that's the only time the "add new item" button comes up.

Do you think that's best? I looked around at other reviews sites and this seemed to be how it's done, but I agree that it can seem frustrating. If you know of another reviews database somewhere that does this better, please give me a link and I'll improve this.

Link to post

In my opinion a more straightforward way to organize it would be like this:

Search for a product >>> Good chances you'll find what you're looking for >>> If you get hits, but none are exactly what you're looking for, then display an "Add New Product" button (Instead of the mandatory "0 Results Found," before it's displayed -- although have it on that page as well).

Link to post

I don't quite understand. Do you mean for instance, on this page where I searched for "Neutrogena" and I got a bunch of results, but I realize there is no result for the exact item I'm looking for, to have an Add This Item button on this page as well?

Link to post

What happened to the Pros & Cons section of product reviews? I added a couple of items to the database (still pending approval), and I noticed that the Pros & Cons list was missing. I thought that having that list makes it easier and faster to read the reviews.

2 people like this

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Link to post

Yes, please bring that feature back.

2 people like this

Link to post

I decided to get rid of that. People were telling me it felt redundant. They wrote about the pros and cons in the general review and then didn't know what to write in the pros and cons section. I agreed with this and also researched major review sites and things are going toward simplicity in reviews. It can be overwhelming to people who are going to review something to see so many things they need to fill out. I want as many reviews as possible and for it to be a pleasant, uncomplicated and easy experience.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.