Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Me

12 posts in this topic

I've had acne for years little colourless bumps on every inch of my forehead, then random white heads. I've tried attacking it from the outside and it's not working. I'm hoping someone that has cleared their forehead acne by eating proper food and drinking water will read this and help! I heard it takes about 3 months to get completely flawless skin. But I'm willing to stick with it if I know it will help me. Btw, as of now I have a very poor diet. Pop, candy, cookies, chips fast food every day. I never drink water it's horrible.

i actually dont want to help you in the fact that you could just look up a diet

First of yes those bad food your eating are gonna show up on your skin stop

eat healthy and drink water think of water as you internall mousterizer also go to thelovevitamin.com look up how diet effects acne and all that im not gonna sit here and reseaerc it for you ._. i mean really._.

"There are wounds that never show on the body

that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds"

Adopting a healthier diet than that will help you in far more ways than just helping your skin. I highly suggest looking into making healthy changes. You'll feel better in all areas of your life, and it's likely to show in your skin.

Best of luck to you.

2 people like this

After battling my own acne for 15 years, and eventually winning, I became a holistic skin care professional. It's become my life's passion to help people feel amazing in their own skin. PM and I'll see if I can help.

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that you cannot sincerely try to help another without helping yourself. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

yea water rly sucks xD they say u gotta drink 2 l a day bt im like sick of couple sips

~my face will be the death of me~

acne: resistance is futile!

eat healthy and drink water think of water as you internall mousterizer also go to thelovevitamin.com look up how diet effects acne and all that im not gonna sit here and reseaerc it for you ._. i mean really._.

Well, start by quitting the soft drinks and any other sugary drink.. Today. Most juices are high sugar btw.

Water is not horrible. But you can make teas, add a squeeze of lemon, mint sprigs, basil, cucumber slices, ginger, etc.

1 person likes this

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

^ all of tht still tastes hella meh or yuck even unless u at least add a proper sugar dose!

^ all of tht still tastes hella meh or yuck even unless u at least add a proper sugar dose!

1 person likes this

After battling my own acne for 15 years, and eventually winning, I became a holistic skin care professional. It's become my life's passion to help people feel amazing in their own skin. PM and I'll see if I can help.

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that you cannot sincerely try to help another without helping yourself. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 person likes this

Well, start by quitting the soft drinks and any other sugary drink.. Today. Most juices are high sugar btw.

Water is not horrible. But you can make teas, add a squeeze of lemon, mint sprigs, basil, cucumber slices, ginger, etc.

1 person likes this

Please just stop already. You've been spreading ridiculous generalizations, misconceptions, and just plain lies for what, 5 years now? Advice like this is expected from a 2009 post, but now that we have a better understanding of acne, there is no excuse for it.

The fact of the matter is that acne is STRICTLY hormonal, and while certain foods, such as dairy, may sway hormones slightly, it does not affect hormones significantly enough to cause persistent acne.

If acne were truly the result of an unclean diet, why are there so many exceptions? There are MANY people in the world that eat like pigs, yet have flawless skin. Why is their skin magically unaffected by their diet, yet for self conscious acne-riddled teenagers, it is completely their fault for not eating like a fitness freak? There are countless inconsistencies within the theory that acne is caused by a poor diet, and the only "evidence" that has ever been presented in favor of that theory, is purely anecdotal, with no scientific basis at all. Naturally, you can't account for the people that follow a strict, healthy, and clean diet RELIGIOUSLY and still have terrible acne.

Now, on the other hand, the theory that acne is caused by an imbalance of hormones is VERY consistent. We observe the evidence every day. We see it in school, specifically in middle school through high school, around the same time that kids start hitting puberty, and hormones are completely out of control. Women observe it every week before their period, when their hormones fluctuate, and they break out. We also observe it in studies, such as in a study that found men, who naturally have higher testosterone than woman, are also more likely to have acne. We observe it in steroid abuse, where an absurd amount of testosterone causes EXTREME acne. Women with PCOS are also, you guessed it, prone to acne.

The fact of the matter is you CANNOT cure acne by just eating healthy. That is one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever heard. It's the equivalent of telling someone with an extreme mental disorder that its just "all in their head" and they should just "stop feeling that way." Diet and acne are completely unrelated, with the only exception being dairy, as cattle are pumped full of growth hormones. Yet even considering that exception, cutting dairy out of your diet will not cure your acne, because it is not the root cause, it is just a slight antagonist.

The root cause of acne has always been and always will be an imbalance of hormones, and there is NOTHING a clean diet or strict exercise regimen can do to truly fix that. The only other arguable cause for acne is extremely poor hygiene, however, the level of poor hygiene that would be required to cause persistent acne is very unrealistic, and it is almost never the case.

Taking into consideration those who just have a few pimples here and there, that is not likely due to a hormonal imbalance, because it's completely normal for people to get slight breakouts. Even if your hormones are balanced, you are still producing sebum, and will still get a clogged pore here and there, just not to the extent of someone with extreme sebum production. You will never be able to avoid acne 100%, but it can be reduced to insignificant levels.

The only highly effective natural remedies for acne would be steaming and masking. Steaming expands the pores, and then masks, made up of such things as bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar, help to pull out any excess/build up of dirt and oil. There are also "natural" hormone supplements such as Vitex and Saw Palmetto that help to properly regulate certain hormones, thus treating certain acne. The best thing you can do for your acne is to get your hormone levels tested, then work to balance them.

It has little to nothing to do with your diet, and a clean diet will not cure acne. Ever.

2 people like this

You can retrain your taste buds actually. If you're used to a bunch of sugar, yeah, it would taste pretty meh.

If you actually want to drink more water, you could start by diluting fruit juice with some water, then over the course of time mix more water and less juice until it's only water. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.