Should I Go On Accutane?

30 replies to this topic

#21 SirLuminary

SirLuminary

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yes, I would suggest you try The Regimen. Give it time too. Don't jump from one thing to another. There's a certain way to use Benzoyl Peroxide, as described in The Regimen. 

I was always prescribed BP when I was younger, and didn't do it right, so I, too, thought that it's not working, until I started following the described way on this website. 

#22 Bigjudy

Bigjudy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Yes, I would suggest you try The Regimen. Give it time too. Don't jump from one thing to another. There's a certain way to use Benzoyl Peroxide, as described in The Regimen. 

I was always prescribed BP when I was younger, and didn't do it right, so I, too, thought that it's not working, until I started following the described way on this website. 

Good point :) thanks man I'll try that out.

Also bought jojoba oil today, let's see how that goes :P

For the regimen what cleanser and what moisturiser did u use?

#23 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Y

Hey @Like Moonlight, what's the best brand of birth control for guys? Haha, just kidding, but OP is male. 

Also, Accutane is like a game of Russian roulette. I would suggest to give The Regimen (http://www.acne.org/regimen.html) a try, since it got me completely clear if you follow it to a T. 

I took Accutane twice. First time kept me half a year clear, with minor dryness side-effects. Second time, horrible side effects, so I quit early, and now back on The Regimen. 

I really hoped Accutane was gonna be the answer, but unfortunately it wasn't. The potential long lasting side-effects are not worth it. It really messes up and dries your insides, which can cause bigger problems down the line. 

My birth control suggestion was meant for BigJudy. For a male though you can use saw palmetto for hormonal acne
Haha thanks for your answer but yea I'm a male :')
I think you're looking at the wrong picture, this is a picture of my acne
http://imgur.com/Upl...S8GdZaY,RLn9Lt1

What would u suggest me to do?
If you think that i shouldn't take accutane what safe medicine would u suggest for me?
I might try the regimen but i've used benzyl peroxide before and it hasn't helped much.
Currently using epiduo for my body acne and differin for my face (Started this around 5 days ago). I'll see how it goes. If u have any other suggestions lemme know so i can also try them :D

tysm for ur help :)
Btw do you also suggest for me to try palmetto?

Ah shit, I'm sorry. I think i did look at the wrong picture and that was of a female. Whoops. My mistake. In this case don't take birth control lol :P

I think that looking into hormonal treatments for males is worth it. Here is a topic posted on this site that a lot of people found helpful trying to understand hormones and treatments. Worth reading through.
http://www.acne.org/...-men-and-women/

I would stick with the treatments you are using right now for at least 3 months. That is usually when you can accurately judge if the treatment is working or not. Don't rush into Accutane. Try everything else first.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#24 SirLuminary

SirLuminary

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Good point smile.png thanks man I'll try that out.

Also bought jojoba oil today, let's see how that goes tongue.png

For the regimen what cleanser and what moisturiser did u use?

This website sells the products that I used. Check out their store. Whenever you have some time, just read The Regimen page as it describes what products to use in detail, better than I can paraphrase it. 

Best of luck! This website has been very helpful for me, so stick around. 

#25 Bigjudy

Bigjudy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

I think I've finally come to a decision

I'm going to try some different products/perhaps the regime until christmas.

I'll see how it goes (Probably won't see too many results since my skin is a total piece of shit lol).

If I don't see any results(Most probably won't) I'll start accutane at the beginning of my christmas holidays.

#26 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

Keep us updated!
Regimen:

#27 Bigjudy

Bigjudy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Sure will :)
I keep changing my mind about accutane :s
Now yet again I've changed my mind and wanna start Accutane this month.
It's just that I really want to have a clear face ASAP...It's really getting to me :/

#28 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Sure will :)
It's just that I really want to have a clear face ASAP...It's really getting to me :/

It's all up to you! If you want to start the medication start it! I don't think between now and Christmas time will give that much of a difference in your height anyway.
Regimen:

#29 SirLuminary

SirLuminary

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sure will smile.png

I saw results on The Regimen within days. It inhibits production of new acne, so once you start it and stick to it precisely you'll just have to wait out the scars. I'd say you'll be clear by Christmas. Not 100% clear of what's left behind, like scars, but you'll have nothing new coming in, which is the best feeling ever! 

Accutane can wait, in my opinion. 

#30 ryan123123123

ryan123123123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

hey  just wondering if you could shed some advice!

im 16 at the momemt . i was really oily and pretty bad acne. i took accutane for 12 months at 20mg a day, which completely cleared up my acne but left me with heaps of PIH. I have been off accutane for 2 months now and my face is really oily again and i am starting to get pimples everywhere... im pretty worried. i saw my derm 2 weeks ago, and she gave me retin-a to use nightly. when i saw her i didnt really have any pimples, they just started coming like right after i saw her sad.png She didnt want me to go back on accutane becuase she didnt think anything was wrong with my skin.. but now its getting really bad, should i make another appointment with her and try get accutane? or should i continue retin-a?? PLEASE HELP! 

#31 tilex

tilex

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

Do not take Accutane, you will regret it.  I was on Accutane for about six months and about 1 year after i stopped, I started experiencing stomach pain, severe dry skin and dry eyes and chronic fatigue.  Found out my stomach pain was due to IBS.  I am 45 yo now but feel like a 70yo man and can't work due to my conditions.  Please consider looking to natural alternatives instead for your health and future.  Don't trust too much in these conventional med physicians who are brain-washed by drug companies.  Look into milk thistle, quercetin, bromelain, saw palmetto, vitamin A and E as safer alternatives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users