Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justletmein

Vitamin B5 question

11 posts in this topic

I am considering starting to take vitamin B5. BP isn't quite working (I've been using it for almost 2 years now, following Dan's regime).

I've been doing some reading, still more to do, and I notice that B5 helps with oily skin. Well, I have oily skin so I'm very interested in this. I've always thought that my oily skin was the problem.

I'd like some more info. So if anyone has any links I'd appreciate it. I'll continue looking around these forums and google, but it's good to get a link that someone else has already found useful.

But anyway, the topic says question, so here it is: Do you only need vitamin B5, or do you need some of the other B's in there too? I found this product that I will be able to get easily and was wondering if it would be okay: http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.aspx?id=100412〈=en It only has B5 and nothing else.

Thanks for any help.

Hey nofx_gurl_420, since you're the only one replying here, I have some questions for you.

I live in Canada too, so I was wondering how much your B5 costs (how much you get per bottle, etc)? Also, where do you get it from?

How is it working for you so far? Give me a rundown on your experience with it, if you would be so kind.

Here's a questions for anyone. Does anyone still use BP or other treatments after being on B5, or does it seem to do the trick alone?

Thanks for your help.

Hey nofx_gurl_420, since you're the only one replying here, I have some questions for you.

I live in Canada too, so I was wondering how much your B5 costs (how much you get per bottle, etc)? Also, where do you get it from?

How is it working for you so far? Give me a rundown on your experience with it, if you would be so kind.

Here's a questions for anyone. Does anyone still use BP or other treatments after being on B5, or does it seem to do the trick alone?

Thanks for your help.

I get mine online, it's much cheaper. I never used megadosed but I do take 2 pills per day and my acne has diminished greatly over time. However, it's definitely not only due to the B5 as there are other factors at play like me overhauling my diet to be more healthy, cutting out certain foods, and using Tazorac.

http://www.vitacost.com/store/products/pro...tothenic%20acid

That's the one I use, and it's not too expensive if you use it sporadically like me but if you plan to megadose(20 pills a day), you'll be going through a bottle every 10 days and that can add up.

That's cool that you didn't need to mega dose. So you have only ever taken 2 a day; you started on that too? Do you take anything else?

If you don't mind can you tell me a little about what you did to overhaul your diet.

After a couple of years using BP and still having an ance porblem, im starting to realize that I may need to try something new (took me long enough eh? smile.gif ).  Although I think it has reduced. Oily skin is my major problem. If I can just take care of that....

I'd like some more info. So if anyone has any links I'd appreciate it. I'll continue looking around these forums and google, but it's good to get a link that someone else has already found useful.

hey I usually get a 500 mg bottle for 20$ and I also don't take very many pills a day usually only about 3 or 4 a day but I used to take more when I 1st started like 6-8 a day and it is working really well for me it takes about 1-2 months b-4 u can really see results though

I am considering starting to take vitamin B5. BP isn't quite working (I've been using it for almost 2 years now, following Dan's regime).

I've been doing some reading, still more to do, and I notice that B5 helps with oily skin. Well, I have oily skin so I'm very interested in this. I've always thought that my oily skin was the problem.

But anyway, the topic says question, so here it is: Do you only need vitamin B5, or do you need some of the other B's in there too? I found this product that I will be able to get easily and was wondering if it would be okay: http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.aspx?id=100412〈=en  It only has B5 and nothing else.

Thanks for any help.