Photo

Vitamin B5 question

vitamin vitamins vitamin b vitamin b5 oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 justletmein

justletmein

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:58 PM

I am considering starting to take vitamin B5. BP isn't quite working (I've been using it for almost 2 years now, following Dan's regime).

I've been doing some reading, still more to do, and I notice that B5 helps with oily skin. Well, I have oily skin so I'm very interested in this. I've always thought that my oily skin was the problem.

I'd like some more info. So if anyone has any links I'd appreciate it. I'll continue looking around these forums and google, but it's good to get a link that someone else has already found useful.

But anyway, the topic says question, so here it is: Do you only need vitamin B5, or do you need some of the other B's in there too? I found this product that I will be able to get easily and was wondering if it would be okay: http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.aspx?id=100412〈=en It only has B5 and nothing else.

Thanks for any help.

#2 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:20 AM

I take b-100 complex with b-5 and a multi vitiman

#3 justletmein

justletmein

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(nofx_gurl_420 @ Nov 2 2004, 12:20 AM)
I take b-100 complex with b-5 and a multi vitiman

View Post

How much b-100 complex do you take, 1 pill?

I was also wondering if you can use BP when you are taking vitamin B5?

Thanks.

#4 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

yea I take 1 b-100 complex a day

#5 justletmein

justletmein

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:01 PM

Hey nofx_gurl_420, since you're the only one replying here, I have some questions for you.

I live in Canada too, so I was wondering how much your B5 costs (how much you get per bottle, etc)? Also, where do you get it from?

How is it working for you so far? Give me a rundown on your experience with it, if you would be so kind.

Here's a questions for anyone. Does anyone still use BP or other treatments after being on B5, or does it seem to do the trick alone?

Thanks for your help.

#6 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(justletmein @ Nov 7 2004, 09:01 PM)
Hey nofx_gurl_420, since you're the only one replying here, I have some questions for you.

I live in Canada too, so I was wondering how much your B5 costs (how much you get per bottle, etc)? Also, where do you get it from?

How is it working for you so far? Give me a rundown on your experience with it, if you would be so kind.
Here's a questions for anyone. Does anyone still use BP or other treatments after being on B5, or does it seem to do the trick alone?
Thanks for your help.

View Post

I get mine online, it's much cheaper. I never used megadosed but I do take 2 pills per day and my acne has diminished greatly over time. However, it's definitely not only due to the B5 as there are other factors at play like me overhauling my diet to be more healthy, cutting out certain foods, and using Tazorac.

http://www.vitacost......tothenic acid

That's the one I use, and it's not too expensive if you use it sporadically like me but if you plan to megadose(20 pills a day), you'll be going through a bottle every 10 days and that can add up.

#7 justletmein

justletmein

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Nov 8 2004, 06:28 AM)
I get mine online, it's much cheaper. I never used megadosed but I do take 2 pills per day and my acne has diminished greatly over time. However, it's definitely not only due to the B5 as there are other factors at play like me overhauling my diet to be more healthy, cutting out certain foods, and using Tazorac.

http://www.vitacost......tothenic acid

That's the one I use, and it's not too expensive if you use it sporadically like me but if you plan to megadose(20 pills a day), you'll be going through a bottle every 10 days and that can add up.

View Post

That's cool that you didn't need to mega dose. So you have only ever taken 2 a day; you started on that too? Do you take anything else?

If you don't mind can you tell me a little about what you did to overhaul your diet.

After a couple of years using BP and still having an ance porblem, im starting to realize that I may need to try something new (took me long enough eh? smile.gif ). Although I think it has reduced. Oily skin is my major problem. If I can just take care of that....

#8 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(justletmein @ Nov 8 2004, 04:40 PM)
That's cool that you didn't need to mega dose. So you have only ever taken 2 a day; you started on that too? Do you take anything else?

If you don't mind can you tell me a little about what you did to overhaul your diet.

After a couple of years using BP and still having an ance porblem, im starting to realize that I may need to try something new (took me long enough eh? smile.gif ).  Although I think it has reduced. Oily skin is my major problem. If I can just take care of that....

View Post

Yea, sure.

My cleansing regimen is as follows.

Morning : Wash with Triaz 6% cleanser(A great cleanser that has BP, Zinc, Glycolic Acid and doesn't overly dry the skin), rinse with cold water and apply moisturizer if needed

Night : Wash with Triaz 6% cleanser, rinse with cold water then I wait about an hour and apply sparingly Tazorac cream (.1%) all over my face.

I change the cover on my top pillow every two days, and I have a towel specifically for my face.

As far as diet goes, I don't eat dairy or gluten. I also try to limit high glycemic foods but I don't particullary care for many of those anyway so it's no problem. I don't really drink juices or anything. Almost all of my fluid intake comes from water(I drink a cup or two of green tea with raw honey daily too) . I also eat plenty of fruit (Apple, raspberry, blackberry, kiwi fruit) and vegetables (Romaine Letucce, and Baby Spinach are my favs because they are so readily available). My protein comes from either chicken or a variety of legumes. I tend to stay away from spices and condiments as well. Not all of this is to control acne although it was at first. However, I found I felt much better on such a diet and decided to stick with it.

As far as supplements go, I take 30mg of Zinc, and 1g of B-5 daily. Some days I take a B-Complex. I'll probably add some evening primrose oil, and cod liver oil next time I order supplements.

#9 Dean

Dean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE(justletmein @ Nov 2 2004, 04:58 AM)
I'd like some more info. So if anyone has any links I'd appreciate it. I'll continue looking around these forums and google, but it's good to get a link that someone else has already found useful.

I'm using b5 from www.b5supplements.com. It's a really useful site with loads of information.

It's fairly expensive but one bottle of 400 capsules lasts at least 3 weeks, depending on the dosage you take. I'm taking 10.2 grams a day and it's working really well.

The b5 you get from the above website contains so many other supplements, including zinc (which is also good for the skin), so I suppose for the price, it's good value.

Definately worth a look. biggrin.gif

#10 nofx_gurl_420

nofx_gurl_420

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2004 - 01:32 PM

hey I usually get a 500 mg bottle for 20$ and I also don't take very many pills a day usually only about 3 or 4 a day but I used to take more when I 1st started like 6-8 a day and it is working really well for me it takes about 1-2 months b-4 u can really see results though

#11 dh79

dh79

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(justletmein @ Nov 2 2004, 04:58 AM)
I am considering starting to take vitamin B5. BP isn't quite working (I've been using it for almost 2 years now, following Dan's regime).

I've been doing some reading, still more to do, and I notice that B5 helps with oily skin. Well, I have oily skin so I'm very interested in this. I've always thought that my oily skin was the problem.

But anyway, the topic says question, so here it is: Do you only need vitamin B5, or do you need some of the other B's in there too? I found this product that I will be able to get easily and was wondering if it would be okay: http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.aspx?id=100412〈=en  It only has B5 and nothing else.
Thanks for any help.

View Post

Hey. I've been on bp for a while now, and although I'm pretty clear, I too suffer from very oily skin. It sucks. I just ordered some pantethine, the biologically active form of b5, which I've read a lot of good things about as well. The thing that really caught my attention was that you only need to take 900mg per day, and most places sell bottles with 300mg pills, so you're only taking like 3 pills a day, and there also aren't supposed to be as many potential side effects that you may get from megadosing on b5 (like hairloss - yikes!). Anyway, I'm about to start taking this with hopes that it will reduce my oily skin eusa_pray.gif , and hopefully keep me clear as well. I'll keep you posted on the results!

btw - if you're interested, I bought my Pantethine here - http://www.vitaglo.c...n300mg60ge.html

that's one of the better deals I've seen.

Peace.