Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:31 AM
I've been breaking out for the better part of two years now and I think it's hormonal related. I started working out 4-5 days a week (nothing crazy) and I've been taking creatine powder, protein powder plus a pre-workout powder. The timing seems way to convenient for it to be a coincidence and besides it's only around my chin, mouth and jaw line which I read is where hormonal acne in men appears.
I've had breakouts in the past but lately they don't seem to be going away. I tried exposed skin care regime, I'm now 4.5 weeks in and I'm not getting the results I want or the results promoted by the website.
My questions are these:
Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do?
How can I counteract my hormonal imbalance?
Has anyone tried exposed skin care? If so what did they think?
Any information, hints or general advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:24 AM
A lot of those protein shakes can cause/exacerbate acne. They are my worst dietary trigger.
Whey protein is the worst killer. It's just too hard to digest, and your skin is at the end of this digestive process. Lots of resources online about this.
- Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
- Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang) both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers.
- 20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
- Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee, dairy, gluten or alcohol
- Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate.
- Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users