Photo

Clear Thoughts For Clear Skin: The Emotional Cause Of Acne

acne emotions thoughts natural healing alternative holistic blemishes law of attraction energy

2 replies to this topic

#1 nenad

nenad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you a couple of ideas about acne and skin healing.
Here’s the thing:
There is much talk about the emotional side-affects of acne which can leave visible scars not only on the surface of the skin, but on the soul as well. However, what I have come to realize after my 15-year long struggle with acne, is that our emotions are not a result of acne, but rather a direct cause of skin breakouts.

After much reading and studying, I have come to a conclusion that our negative thought and feeling patterns are responsible for skin eruptions and inflammation. When I first discovered this metaphysical approach to healing it all sounded weird to me but I gave it a go and as it required no specific products or treatments I decided to be persistent and I have seen amazing results.

For this reason I wrote a little book about this experience called ‘Clear Thoughts for Clear Skin: A contemporary guide to self-acceptance and skin-healing’, available in paperback and e-book format. For more information on the book, please visit the dedicated page: www.cosywords.com/my-book

Thanks,
Nenad

#2 kimintie

kimintie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:writing, reading, beauty, health

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

This is definitely a book I'm interested in looking into.

There obviously isn't a single "cause" of acne - but I agree that our emotions have a big impact on the condition of our skin. 

I have found that when I am stressed, angry, upset, etc. that my skin breaks out more than it usually would. I recently made a big move from my hometown - nearly 700 miles - to start college. Needless to say, all of the goodbyes and the stress of moving 18 years worth of stuff across the country had a huge impact on my mood. I was a wreck for a good month and surely enough, I was breaking out worse than I had in years. When I am calm, the condition of my skin improves dramatically. But when I am stressed, I worry about literally everything - including how I look. During these times, I look in the mirror countless times throughout the day and freak out about every blemish.

If only it were so easy to be carefree all the time...

This sounds like just the book for me though. I'm sure that it will provide an interesting insight on the cause of acne and reach out to many struggling with their self-image. Thank you for taking the time to address such an issue that is often overlooked and downplayed. :)

#3 nenad

nenad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hi Kimintie, thank you very much for your reply.

I agree that emotions are not the only issue, that's why there is a whole chapter on nutrition, natural skincare and many other topics in the book too.

If you are interested, you can download a preview on Amazon or Apple Itunes (just search for the book title on your local online store) or you can order a Paperback from Amazon.

I would love to get your feedback once you finish reading.

Best,

Nenad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users