Hi, so I've had these scars for awhile now from a really bad cyst I had on my cheek from about 2 years ago. I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a course of action to help get rid of them or at least minimize. I can't do anything intensive that requires a lot of downtime right now since i'm about to start another semester of college. Also the scars have a sort of purple hyper pigmentation in them which makes them look a good deal worse so any suggestions would be great, thanks.
Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:54 PM
ipl or v-beam will address the hyperpigmentation so i would try that an then at some point look into subcision as well.
Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:34 PM
This should not be a complicated case. For the scar itself, I think a very minor subcision and a little bit of filler would totally correct this. You are lucky because the rest of your face looks great.
Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:41 AM
Alternately, MSM cream, if you cannot afford those procedures
- Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
- Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang) both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers.
- 20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
- Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee, dairy, gluten or alcohol
- Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate.
- Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.
Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:19 PM
Forgot to point out that I did have a TCA peel done recently which did help the pigmentation quite a bit, the first picture is about a 2 weeks after the peel and the second one was before. I'm not sure if I noticed any change in the scar if it did help it was pretty minor, she did say it would take multiple peels to affect the scarring so i'm not sure if I will continue with those since the downtime was pretty big.
Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:04 PM
So I have decided that subcision would probably be best for the depressed scar, fortunately its the only scar that really bothers me. I revived this thread hoping some other people who have gotten subcision could give me the details, like how much improvement did you see and how much it cost. I figured it should be pretty simple since i'd only be getting one scar worked on. So if anyone has their experiences to share i'd love to hear them.
Edited by Fork889, 25 September 2014 - 08:05 PM.
Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:45 PM
Edited by NomNomWaffles, 26 September 2014 - 01:46 PM.
Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:14 AM
Thank you for your input, it definitely seems like the best procedure but finding someone who actually does it is a pain. Also wondering if anyone has heard of dermarolling? Would rolling actually be effective for my scars? or is the whole dermarolling thing just a fad?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users