Detox Cold Caused By Zinc?

zinc detox cold sick acne

No replies to this topic

#1 aeris7

aeris7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:video games, reading, the paranormal, computers, animals/pets, fairies/unicorns, hiking, nature, perfume, aromatherapy, Final Fantasy series, Zelda, Linux, herbal tea, stuffed animals, ethnic cuisine, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, Myers Briggs Personality Tests (I'm an INFP!), religion, spirituality, conspiracy theories (no, I don't believe most of them, I just like researching them), long walks on the beach at night, nightime in general, Jean Auel's books, world travel (though I haven't been able to yet!), Showtime's Dexter, alone time, gemstones/geology, caving, dog parks, trance/electronica, museums & historical centers, and the list goes on.
    Feel free to add me if you want to! I need friends who understand what I'm going through with my acne :(

Achievements

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

I started taking Zinc supplements about 4 weeks ago (50 mg Now Brand Zinc Picolinate).
Yesterday I started a Cold (sneezing, very stuffy/constant runny nose, stuffy head feeling). This is weird because this is the first time I've gotten a Cold since I was a kid. I'm 30 now. Is there some sort of detox effect going on?
On the plus side, Zinc (in addition to a healthier lifestyle) is helping immensely with the acne! I went from many huge hormonal cysts to clear (just have scars left).
I'm also taking 2,000 iu of D3 since I never get any Sun working my overnight shift IT job. I also started drinking lots of tea (Rooibos, Green, Herbal)...and eating a healthier diet...and quit smoking & drinking lots of soda. Come to think of it, I don't know how I went over 20 years without getting a Cold or flu considering my previous unhealthy lifestyle.
I'm pretty sure it's the Zinc affecting me though...I implemented the other changes months ago and the Zinc is the most recent addition. Am I detoxing? What can I do about it? I'm sipping on lots of Spearmint tea with honey right now.

Edited by aeris7, 03 August 2014 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users