Photo
- - - - -

Neutrogena Body Scrub (i like it so far)

6 replies to this topic

#1 leet

leet

She dreams in digital....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 103
About Me
  • Interests:My C5... so fun to drive... it turns heads... and is still kicking ass for being over 10 years old! I also love music (not much of rap or country though), art, cooking and technology. I love my pug- she's my best friend (almost) :)<br /><br /><br />last.fm name is givemearedbull

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:09 AM

I have some acne on my back. Occasionally I get a few larger pimples on my back/shoulder area. I have a lot of little bumps (flesh colored) and a lot of clogged pores. There's some scarring too (brown spots but i dont mind them).

Anyways I am hoping this stuff will eventually give me smoother/clearer skin. I use a sponge with some kind of net thing over it (i think its supposed to exfoliate or something- sorry i dont know the correct name). Perhaps this weekend I will buy a loofa on a stick to reach those hard to reach places.

I let it sit a few minutes on my back and let it sort of soak in a little then i rinse.

I get a little embarrassed when my boyfriend gives me massages because my skin isnt smooth, and his feels so much nicer than mine. LOL Dont get me wrong, he gets a few pimples too but mine are more like little bumps and such.

I will let you know how i like this stuff in a week or so.

To anyone who has used it, let me know what you think.

30 mg Claravis
(started May 26 2011) 1st month
40 mg Amnesteen (2nd month)

Aquaphor for lips (or blistex)
Cetaphil wash (the kind you do not need water for) <3
Eucerin Q10 anti wrinkle lotion (plus a drop of emu oil) and aloe gel mixed together

Bare esscentuals mineral makeup or No7 liquid makeup (the long wearing kind)

Any other older acne.org members on accutane please send me a message!

#2 ashD

ashD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:58 PM

i thought it was ok, sometimes i use the regular neutrogena facial wash on my body, and that works just as good.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:37 PM

I've been using it for a few years now, but I feel like the effectiveness has worn off or something, or maybe that's in my head. haha But, it really cleared me up for the first few months.
QUOTE(ashD @ Nov 4 2004, 02:58 AM)
i thought it was ok, sometimes i use the regular neutrogena facial wash on my body, and that works just as good.

View Post

#4 K-La

K-La

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

I don't use the scrub I use the gel but I think it works great. I used to break out more on my back, neck, shoulders, etc and now I don't anymore which is amazing. I will probably still get the odd breakout (especially in the summer) but its better than what I used to get. I think I'm even going to give the Neutrogena cleansers for the face another try again just for the hell of it. You never know... smile.gif

#5 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My C5... so fun to drive... it turns heads... and is still kicking ass for being over 10 years old! I also love music (not much of rap or country though), art, cooking and technology. I love my pug- she's my best friend (almost) :)<br /><br /><br />last.fm name is givemearedbull

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:39 PM

I definately notice my skin is softer on my back and more smooth. I also noticed 2 new pimples but oh well... its not really bad.

Last night i was getting a little back rub and the guy i am seeing said to me that my skin felt smoother (after i said i had been using a body scrub). I dont think he said it just to be nice... its actually making my skin more smooth- too bad about these 2 pimples though.

I figure if i keep it up there will be a nice improvement, but so far so good!

I might try out some body lotion like this someday in addition to the scrub-- http://www.cosmetics...C570&PAGETYPE=S

30 mg Claravis

Eucerin Q10 anti wrinkle lotion (plus a drop of emu oil) and aloe gel mixed together

#6 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 03:56 PM

*update*
My skin is continuing to clear up... its smooth and definately has less breakouts... I am going to try to use some mandelic/malic acid once a week on my back to help exfoliate it more... I will keep you all posted.

So far so good. i have brown marks from past breakouts which kinda sucks but i can deal with those as long as my skin is smooth.

30 mg Claravis

#7 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

maybe I can get a pic up of my back... Its waaaay better than ever! I have been using the body scrub at night before bed and a few days a week i have been using some Mama Lotion (Mandelic / Malic acid) and its been exfoliating it well... Its very smooth and well of course there are a few brown marks but they seem to be getting better as well. Some nights i use burt's bee's carrot lotion on my back and on nights i dont i just use the mama lotion and go to bed.

I am very happy.

I wish my face was as clear. LOL I might do something with the Mama lotion on my face but i know it likes to dry me out.

30 mg Claravis

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users