Photo
- - - - -

Neutrogena Body Scrub (i like it so far)

6 replies to this topic

#1 leet

leet

She dreams in digital....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 103
About Me
  • Interests:My C5... so fun to drive... it turns heads... and is still kicking ass for being over 10 years old! I also love music (not much of rap or country though), art, cooking and technology. I love my pug- she's my best friend (almost) :)<br /><br /><br />last.fm name is givemearedbull

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:09 AM

I have some acne on my back. Occasionally I get a few larger pimples on my back/shoulder area. I have a lot of little bumps (flesh colored) and a lot of clogged pores. There's some scarring too (brown spots but i dont mind them).

Anyways I am hoping this stuff will eventually give me smoother/clearer skin. I use a sponge with some kind of net thing over it (i think its supposed to exfoliate or something- sorry i dont know the correct name). Perhaps this weekend I will buy a loofa on a stick to reach those hard to reach places.

I let it sit a few minutes on my back and let it sort of soak in a little then i rinse.

I get a little embarrassed when my boyfriend gives me massages because my skin isnt smooth, and his feels so much nicer than mine. LOL Dont get me wrong, he gets a few pimples too but mine are more like little bumps and such.

I will let you know how i like this stuff in a week or so.

To anyone who has used it, let me know what you think.

#2 ashD

ashD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:58 PM

i thought it was ok, sometimes i use the regular neutrogena facial wash on my body, and that works just as good.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:37 PM

I've been using it for a few years now, but I feel like the effectiveness has worn off or something, or maybe that's in my head. haha But, it really cleared me up for the first few months.
QUOTE(ashD @ Nov 4 2004, 02:58 AM)
i thought it was ok, sometimes i use the regular neutrogena facial wash on my body, and that works just as good.

View Post

#4 K-La

K-La

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

I don't use the scrub I use the gel but I think it works great. I used to break out more on my back, neck, shoulders, etc and now I don't anymore which is amazing. I will probably still get the odd breakout (especially in the summer) but its better than what I used to get. I think I'm even going to give the Neutrogena cleansers for the face another try again just for the hell of it. You never know... smile.gif

#5 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My C5... so fun to drive... it turns heads... and is still kicking ass for being over 10 years old! I also love music (not much of rap or country though), art, cooking and technology. I love my pug- she's my best friend (almost) :)<br /><br /><br />last.fm name is givemearedbull

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:39 PM

I definately notice my skin is softer on my back and more smooth. I also noticed 2 new pimples but oh well... its not really bad.

Last night i was getting a little back rub and the guy i am seeing said to me that my skin felt smoother (after i said i had been using a body scrub). I dont think he said it just to be nice... its actually making my skin more smooth- too bad about these 2 pimples though.

I figure if i keep it up there will be a nice improvement, but so far so good!

I might try out some body lotion like this someday in addition to the scrub-- http://www.cosmetics...C570&PAGETYPE=S

#6 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2004 - 03:56 PM

*update*
My skin is continuing to clear up... its smooth and definately has less breakouts... I am going to try to use some mandelic/malic acid once a week on my back to help exfoliate it more... I will keep you all posted.

So far so good. i have brown marks from past breakouts which kinda sucks but i can deal with those as long as my skin is smooth.

#7 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

maybe I can get a pic up of my back... Its waaaay better than ever! I have been using the body scrub at night before bed and a few days a week i have been using some Mama Lotion (Mandelic / Malic acid) and its been exfoliating it well... Its very smooth and well of course there are a few brown marks but they seem to be getting better as well. Some nights i use burt's bee's carrot lotion on my back and on nights i dont i just use the mama lotion and go to bed.

I am very happy.

I wish my face was as clear. LOL I might do something with the Mama lotion on my face but i know it likes to dry me out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users