#1 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

how often should i be using it ? 

Edited by LeadingForce, 28 July 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#2 tuddyt

tuddyt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:just a regular guy.no kids italian, south philly,family. try to take care of myself.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

2-3 days per week. If more cut it with moisturizer. What I would like to know is the order. Before moisturizer/after?

#3 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

What brand are you using? What percentage? Does it have SPF?  Is AHA one of the first three ingredients?

AHA, if you have thick/oily skin, can be used daily in place of a moisturizer.  (Take care that there's SPF in any of your day moisturizers and that its one formulated for acne.)  

If you are just starting it, try only using it at night.   Eventually, your skin will need two applications a day, or a stronger percentage.  AHA is something your skin will become resistant to.   AHA dissolves the glue that holds dead surface skin together,  BHA dissolves and lifts the glue that holds dead surface skin together.  So make sure you're using a BHA exfoliant.  

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#4 MissSac17

MissSac17

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 155
About Me
  • Interests:Fitness, good food, reading blogs, spiritualism, learning, self-medicating.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Wow, I didn't think your skin can become resistant to AHA. I am embarking on a new skin care regimen from Priori which is their AHA brand stuff, so its a gently cleanser and a barrier moisturiser I started using.

DIET
ACCUMAX - 2000iu Vitamin A: 19·6mg Vitamin E: 40mg Vitamin C: 80mg DIM
Solgar - Vitamin A - 5000iu. 
Limited dairy/gluten - everything in moderation.

#5 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

im using acne.org aha moisturizer , i also didnt know your skin can become resistant to aha o.o

when should i start apply two applications a day ? right now only using it at night a day

i heard bha is better for oily skin because it can penetrate oil and aha cant 

are there any 10% bha moisturizer ?

Edited by LeadingForce, 29 July 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#6 Hound

Hound

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

Didn't want to start a new topic to ask this.

Does the effect of AHA last a few days? The instruction to use it 2-3 times a week seems to suggest though. Is AHA supposed to give the skin a boost in exfoliating? If one wishes to rid of post-acne marks, I'd have imagined using it daily would be ideal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users