Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aha Moisturizer

6 posts in this topic

2-3 days per week. If more cut it with moisturizer. What I would like to know is the order. Before moisturizer/after?

What brand are you using? What percentage? Does it have SPF? Is AHA one of the first three ingredients?

AHA, if you have thick/oily skin, can be used daily in place of a moisturizer. (Take care that there's SPF in any of your day moisturizers and that its one formulated for acne.)

If you are just starting it, try only using it at night. Eventually, your skin will need two applications a day, or a stronger percentage. AHA is something your skin will become resistant to. AHA dissolves the glue that holds dead surface skin together, BHA dissolves and lifts the glue that holds dead surface skin together. So make sure you're using a BHA exfoliant.

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang) both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. + not needed in months
  • Meal Replacement Shakes, + magnesium, MSM, DMAE powder
  • no meat, coffee,  or alcohol- regular juice cleanses
  • Topical:  African Black Soap, 99% pure aloe +vitamin E when dry
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase, no pets

Wow, I didn't think your skin can become resistant to AHA. I am embarking on a new skin care regimen from Priori which is their AHA brand stuff, so its a gently cleanser and a barrier moisturiser I started using.

Limited dairy/gluten - everything in moderation - lots of healthy fats, and veggies. Too much fruit breaks me out unfortunately.

-------------------------------------------------------
Prescription:

Isotrex - Active ingredient of Accutane, Isotretinoin (0.05%) Week 2

-------------------------------------------------------
Medik8 Beta Cleanse - (morning)
Benzoyl Peroxide (10%)
Acne.org Moisturiser mixed with a little Sweet Almond oil
Micellular water face cleanse Garnier - (night)
Eucerin Toner - sometimes if skin is very dry
Isotrex

im using acne.org aha moisturizer , i also didnt know your skin can become resistant to aha o.o

when should i start apply two applications a day ? right now only using it at night a day

i heard bha is better for oily skin because it can penetrate oil and aha cant

are there any 10% bha moisturizer ?

Didn't want to start a new topic to ask this.

Does the effect of AHA last a few days? The instruction to use it 2-3 times a week seems to suggest though. Is AHA supposed to give the skin a boost in exfoliating? If one wishes to rid of post-acne marks, I'd have imagined using it daily would be ideal.