Photo

How Long After You Make Changes Should You See Improvement...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dan12345

Dan12345

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hey all,

Ok i've decided to try some new things after reading some posts and reviews on the website.

1) Started no dairy 9 days ago

2) Started vitamin D (d3) 5-6 days ago. Started low and worked my way up to 3x 3000iu a day. (3000 at breakfast, then lunch and dinner)

3) Started dandeloin root capsules (3 a day) around 2 days ago.

4) Used isotrexin gel for like 3 months, but on and off. Like one week i wouldn't use it at all, then use it for a week. Now i've been using Isotrex for a week.

So I have been seeing slight improvement in the past week. Getting less and less spots but then suddenly I broke out over night with about 3 spots on each cheek. I originally thought I had done something to cause it but then I did some reading online and read that a spot can take up to 2-4 to actually form. Which makes me think, these changes could be very beneficial for me but I wouldn't know until after a month or more.

Am I right in my thinking?

Thanks! 

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

It's individual so really, no one can answer your question. Also, you need to avoid high glycemic impacting meals and drinks and eat predominantly real, whole nutrient dense foods including a great deal of non-grain plant foods.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:skin, face, looks

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

like from a month to never

just sayiiin.....

~my face will be the death of me~

acne: resistance is futile!

#4 Dan12345

Dan12345

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Well I eat relatively healthy in terms of no junk food and drink 5L + of water a day. So I guess i'll give it a month and see if any improvements and then just see from there.

Thanks 

#5 AcneWonderland

AcneWonderland

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:skin, face, looks

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

dude y would u drink 5 l of water?

did u know drinking too much water is not even good for u?

it flushes out minerals (nutrients too i think?) nd in some cases ppl can even get somekinda water poisoning nd die from drinking it too much. it also is said that it makes ur brain swell

i dont like to sip water through the day so i usually drink more at once or several times a day but it still kinda bloats me

btw im sick of fukin water, lemonade for life! go lemonade!! Bx

~my face will be the death of me~

acne: resistance is futile!

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

How long do you plan to take that much vitamin d? Do you plan to check your levels?
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users