Bulldog Cleansers

18 replies to this topic

#1 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

Im stuck between choosing between the normal bulldog cleanser and the sensitive one, im pretty sure i have sensitive skin but im leaning more towards the normal cleanser as it has a whole heap more reviews than the sensitive one. The reviews for the normal cleanser say its very gentle, so that must mean the sensitive one is even more gentle. As the bulldog products are filled with essential oils, the normal cleanser has a lot more of these than the sensitive. Ahh please help someone

#2 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

edit: heres the ingredients

normal: Aqua (Water)   Cocamidopropyl betaine   Coco-glucoside   Glycerin   Glycereth-26   Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate   Acrylates /C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer  Phenoxyethanol   Sodium chloride   Benzoic acid   Dehydroacetic acid  Sodium laurate   Sodium hydroxide   Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) leaf extract   Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) peel oil   Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel oil   Ethylhexylglycerin   Artemisia vulgaris oil   Polyaminopropyl biguanide   Sodium sarcosinate   Pelargonium graveolens oil   Pogostemon cablin leaf oil   Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) oil   Evernia furfuracea (Treemoss) extract   Juniperus virginiana oil   Vetiveria zizanoides root oil   Limonene  

sensitive: Aqua (Water)   Cocamidopropyl betaine   Coco-glucoside   Glycerin   Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate   Acrylates /C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer  Phenoxyethanol   Sodium chloride   Sodium hydroxide   Benzoic acid   Sodium laurate   Dehydroacetic acid   Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) leaf extract  Cedrus atlantica (Cedarwood) bark oil   Sodium sarcosinate   Pogostemon cablin leaf oil  

#3 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

anyone??

#4 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

bump..

#5 theo77

theo77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

My skin is pretty sensitive and I used bulldog a while back, just the normal one... My skin was OK and didn't breakout. 

#6 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Should i continue using bulldog or go back to aveeno ultra calming?

Edited by Estranged, 02 August 2014 - 02:12 AM.

#7 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

Aveeno sucks, imo

This is a fantastic line- the packaging is very non-gender specific.  They even have a Men's Line, though they appear to be out of stock. Great, potent ingredients for all skin types, and you can get a free consultation with an esthetician on their site. 
*URL REMOVED MODERATOR EDIT*

Edited by Like Moonlight, 18 August 2014 - 07:24 AM.

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#8 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Bump on whether to use original or sensitive bulldog?

#9 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

http://www.ewg.org/s...inal_Face_Wash/

http://www.acne.org/...cewash-for-men/

Sodium Laurate and glycerin are irritants, not sure why'd they be in a sensitive formulation, but these are not anti-acne products and contain no anti-acne ingredients. 

Read the descriptions of the ingredients on the Bulldog web site-  you're buying filler and preservatives, a soap in a bottle marketed to men. CeraVe is a non-irritating, noncomedogenic product.  The line I mentioned above is good.  

Sulfur soap is also good, cheap and basic. Proactive Deep is very, very good- I mix it with Avene Gentle cleansers to get the effect of the salicylic with extra softening properties.

Edited by Turn0ver, 10 August 2014 - 03:27 AM.

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#10 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

I cant buy any products at the moment, should i keep using bulldog or use nivea for men sensitive?

#11 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

Bump?

#12 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

Please need an answer quick 

#13 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

triple bump hahah

#14 MonM13

MonM13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

I would go for sensitive. Both will benefit you in the long run, but if your worried, Sensitive is a good way to go. Yiu can always return it and exchange?

#15 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

I would go for sensitive. Both will benefit you in the long run, but if your worried, Sensitive is a good way to go. Yiu can always return it and exchange?

Thanks heaps for the reply, im not able to buy the sensitive bulldog at the moment, however i already have the original one. Should i use original bulldog face wash or nivea sensitive for men?

#16 MonM13

MonM13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

To be honest its completely up to you. Which do you think its good for you or better for you? Or that suita you are your needs?

My history of picking different cleansers, toner, cream, etc, is a long one. I have to many face products that I hide under my facial drawer that I dont use anymore. Now I decided to stick to one that benefits me most and stop thinking about other facial products. Lol.

Hope I helped you decide.

#17 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

To be honest its completely up to you. Which do you think its good for you or better for you? Or that suita you are your needs?

My history of picking different cleansers, toner, cream, etc, is a long one. I have to many face products that I hide under my facial drawer that I dont use anymore. Now I decided to stick to one that benefits me most and stop thinking about other facial products. Lol.

Hope I helped you decide.

Ive been using bulldog for about 2 weeks now, my face is a little red and i was getting a few breakouts, but they calm down really quickly. I think this was due to the fact i had a lot of acne under the skin and it was pulling it all out. All in all, my face looks alot more clear, but still a little irritated. Does this mean bulldog is working? Is 2 weeks enough time for results?

#18 Estranged

Estranged

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

Bump?

#19 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

I would use the original bulldog cleanser. If you notice that it's not as gentle on your skin as you think it should be, go get the sensitive cleanser, when you can. Both products seem to have safe looking ingredients in them. I've personally never used bulldog.

A good rule of thumb, if you have been told you have sensitive skin or you know you react to products easily, always go for the sensitive line.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users