Sounds like you are having success - congrats! I hope I can someday share something that works for me too! Do you take your herbs/supplements in pill, tea or liquid form? At what stage did you start to see improvement?
Definitely following along on your journey
I'm doing the granule tea/soup. A few of the OTC blends they put me on in addition to the Rx granules are in pill form. One of them, for skin detox/healing is a powder that I add to the granules (Shi Wei Bai Du Tang, Sun Ten brand.)
I am following yours, for sure, I really hope it works for you. I'm sorry to read that your first days are already purge-tastic. Fingers crossed that this means speedy healing for you!
Did your doctor give you topical and dietary protocols, too?
Here's a summary of what I experienced as the formula has been adjusted:
- My first week, I was healed completely from the antibiotic (and sleeping) herbs. Literally, 24-48 hrs was just incredible how the infection cleared, and stubborn scabs sped up and fell off, blackheads popped out and washed away on their own. I hadn't slept in a week, so yeah, needed that.
- My second week, the acunpuncturist (the dermatologist's colleague) only addressed my mood/sleep/detox in his formula, so of course I started breaking out pretty badly midway through that week, mainly forehead.
- The third week, the formulas were adjusted and combined: immediate positive results happened again.
- The fourth week, positive results continued plus a semi-mild detoxing breakout. (A few big pimples emerged in unusual places, like on my cheeks and in my hairline, even a few on my chest- which she anticipated as I never break out on my cheeks, and the detoxes seem to cause hairline breakouts.) But these detox extracted easily, and started to abate in just a day or two. It's like the meds shortened the life cycle of the lesions. The pus in them was white and semi-solid, not smelly, and came out easily, (unlike the way some pustules can be painful to try to extract, yellow, runny, sticky, and smelly ie, infected.) There are a few stubborn ones on my upper back.
- Midway through the fifth week, I got cocky and ate prohibited foods. Whether it was the chocolate/butter/cheese or purging, I experienced jaw/chin breakout. Again, just 3-4, that mostly cleared up in a day, but the two bigger ones that I thought I drained are taking their time healing completely.
In other words, 2x I got a handful of acne that resolved quickly- except the one I keep picking at. The acne was a totally different quality. It was obvious what was old and being pushed up. And it looks like I'll have to really give this 2 full months to say it absolutely worked, but it took 3 weeks just to get the formula right.
Edited by Turn0ver, 29 August 2014 - 07:45 PM.