4 replies to this topic

#1 Surfergirl

Surfergirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2004 - 10:46 PM

Hello wub.gif

I am seeking some advice on my current vitamin intake.

I have just started using vitamins in an effort to help control my mild/moderate acne and very oily skin (i'm also on the second week of a wheat/gluten and dairy free diet - I know I am dairy intollerant, just trying to see if avoiding the other two might also help).

I am currently talking a multivitamin x1 daily, Zinc tablet x1 daily, Evening Primrose Oil x3 daily, and milk thistle x3 daily. I will also soon be adding B5 to the routine (as soon as I can find some, it must work for something because everywhere I've been the past few days has sold out of it!)

Anyone have any feedback on the above. Any others I should add or avoid or take less/more of (how many b5 tablets do you need to take?)

Thanks eusa_angel.gif

#2 themaster

themaster

Remember to shave regularly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:22 PM

You are trying too much, try one at a time, and if it works for you then stick to it...When you get clear (if) you won't know what cause your acne to got away....Therefore you will be spending tons of money of products that you aren't sure they are working.

#3 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:53 AM

If you gave us the dosage amount that would be good. Multivitimins are kinda useless, you probably get most vit+minerals you need from your normal diet as long as it is fairly wide ranging, not just microwave meals.

#4 Guest_Captain Chaos_*

Guest_Captain Chaos_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:30 AM

Personally I don't think vitamin supplements are worth taking.

If you want vitamins eat some fruit and veg, (dont boil the veg, steam it for a few mins, otherwise there will be more vitamins in the water than the veg itself)

Good luck

#5 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:11 AM

yeh, fair point. Theres been so much criticism by the academics that vitamin supplements do bugger all.

I am sure that some stuff helps, be it non vitamin. E.g. burdock, I find that helps me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users