Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Advice Please Pics Included

6 posts in this topic

Hi, here are a couple of pics. I am 22 and had bad acne from 14-20 and clearing up from 21 to present from 16 months roaccutane - which was good. Unfortunately I have no juicy pics from before, but it has improved. I don't have active spots anymore on my forehead (which is the problem area) and i dont seem to get spots anywhere else on my face, only my forehead. Although I haven't had a 'spot' per se for about 6months, you can see that I have scarring form years of spots in the same place.. I wanted you guys' opinions on my scars: what type they are, how severe etc and any treatments. Don't be afraid to be rude, i can take it

Thanks.

Hey man, I know it's all relative, but I don't see a single scar from the pics you provided. Seriously, I would kill to have your skin.

I see a few scars, but nothing dramatic. I would move cautiously. Except for a non-acne scar on my forehead, which responded great to Re:pair, I never dealt with acne scars on the forehead and that appears to be your major issue. Re:pair would probably work for your forehead, but that is a rather dramatic step for a 22 year old. Try the dermaroller first, and give it plenty of time. You seem to have a high forehead so another possibility may be hair transplants to bring the hairline down a bit. hairrestorationnetwork.com Choose a doctor wisely, and there are discussions on this very topic.

Dermabrasion - Full Face

CO2 Full Face 1996

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% May 22, 2008

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Jan 08, 2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 30,2009

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Oct 08,2010

Fraxel Re:pair 70 mj - 60% Nov 04,2011

"The Road To Wellville" 1994

Goodloe Bender: Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!

You're usually need to use harsh lighting if you want any hope of seeing scars in pictures, especially since your camera doesn't seem to be focusing very well. From what I can currently see though, your skin looks fine. I'd question that mustache though ;)

lol a hair transplant, im fine about my hairline, doesnt bother me. I just wanted to get some opinions on the scars :), i know the pics are bad quality they were taken on a macbook. And noted about the mustache :P