accutane isotretinoin claravis treatment acne cystic

1 reply to this topic

#1 Journey112

Journey112

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

I am a 14 year old boy who has been suffering from acne since the age of 11.

At first, it was a few pimples here and there. Now, it's full blown cystic acne. My doctor finally prescribed me Isotretinoin. Therefore, I am on Day 2 of Accutane. I plan on completing my course, but I am worried about what will happen to me after I finish it. I hear about many long-term effects that men have to deal with (ED, Low Libido, Etc) and I want to know if there is a way around it.

Anyone else been off accutane for we while? And know what might happen to me and how to fix it?

I don't want to get rid of my problem (acne) and then have new ones happen (depression, ED, etc)

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Accutane side effects are a roll of the die.  You may get it, you may not, it just depends on how your body responds.  14 is really young to be taking it so i assume your acne is severe.  If you contnue with treatment, eat right, exercise and treat your body like a temple.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users