Photo

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Matte Moisturizer?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sky13

Sky13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

I use Olay Sensitive Beauty Fluid at the moment which took me awhile to find because nearly all other moisturizers clogged my pores/ broke me out. However it makes me look greasy and although I dont mind this at night when my skin needs extra moisture because I use all my drying products at night. I need a matte moisturizer to use under my makeup because using the Olay during the day is making my makeup slide off and have that oil slick look. My skin is oily but not overly. 

Any suggestions? Much appreciated.  

Edited by Sky13, 19 July 2014 - 06:50 PM.

Currently Using: First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery, Paulas Choice 2.5% BP, Olay Sensitive Beauty Fluid. 

Extras: Paulas Choice 10% AHA & Paulas Choice 2% BHA.

Failed: Duac, Differin, Bactrim, Tetracycline, Doxycycline. 

Acne status: Clear on chin and forehead except for pigmentation. Working on closed comedones around nose, top lip, upper cheeks and overall skin texture.

#2 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

If light and dewy, almost barely there, is what you're looking for. I'm a big fan of the Body Shop Aloe Serum with a lightweight primer over it.  

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#3 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users