Photo

What Is This? No Doctor Can Tell Me Or Help Me !

acne

1 reply to this topic

#1 Richie9648

Richie9648

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Hi there

I wonder if someone could help me.

For over a year now I have had painful issues with dry, flaky, itchy skin around my mouth/lips area. I dont have the problem anywhere else on the body. I have been to the doctors many a time - and have tried Hydrocortisone, fucidin, clindamycin and 2 weeks ago finished a course of floxacillin - and none of those have helped at all. I have also used vaseline and my normal moisturiser. I have not had any problems like this before, but only started occurring in May 2013 I feel very frustrated and also embarrassed by the condition, which is not helping with my confidence. Speaking to people is becoming difficult because on some days my mouth looks awful.

I hope someone can help my find the problem as no doctor has been able to help. I also have pictures which I have attached

Thanks

Attached Files

#2 Tyler R

Tyler R

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Looks like it could possibly be Seborrheic Dermatitus or folliculitis.  Skin doesn't look dry, just flaky.  You should at least shave once a day to not let the hair build up and cause even more irritation.  Though I am not entirely sure what caused your condition or what it is, things I would try are:

-Slathering raw, unrefined honey on the affected areas, either overnight (covered with toilet paper or something to keep it in place), in 30 min interval masks.

-Using raw, unrefined coconut oil as a moisturizer on the areas.

Both of these are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and a lot of other anti-good stuff.  I haven't had a Seb Derm breakout in months using these.  

I also eat a pretty healthy diet...I avoid processed foods, breads, pastas, sugars, and pretty much eat vegetables, fruit, and lean meats/fish.

The bumps look fungal.  If you have to pop them make sure you get all the gunk out and remove the hairs associated with them.  Use peroxide to clean the wound.

Also, some chemical products you can try are: Nizoral shampoo-lather it on in the shower, let it set for a couple minutes, and rinse off.

-You can also try Head and Shoulders.

-Lotrimin Ultra-For athletes foot, but its antifungal.

There is more, just look up anti-fungals on google.

It might not even be a fungal problem but it looks like it to me so you might want to start there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users