I've read these forums for awhile and found them very helpful, but was a little too shy to post
However, I'm freaking out a bit and could use some help.
I've been on 40 mg of Amnesteem daily for 3 weeks now (for reference, I'm a 135 lb 16 yo girl). Everything has been going very well. My face started clearing up immediately, and, at this point, I'd say it's improved by about 30% if not more. Additionally, I had next to no side effects. The worst thing I experienced was mild chapped lips. My skin wasn't even dry, and that's coming from someone who never had oily skin.
For the past 5 days, however, I have been very ill. It started with a slight cough, but quickly progressed to a high grade fever.Then came intense body and head ache accompanied by fatigue and an overall difficulty moving. At first I thought, okay - don't overreact, eat a hot meal and drink a ridiculous amount of tea, see if you feel any better. I didn't, so I thought, well, maybe I have the flu. Which was odd, since no one around me was sick. My doctor found that I didn't have the flu, and they weren't sure what was wrong. Her instructions were that I should keep taking the Amnesteem for the purpose of process of elimination. Fast forward to today, and I haven't improved. In fact, there's something new - I physically can't take a deep breath.
I will say right off the bat that I don't think correlation equals causation. I'm not ignoring the possibility that this is a side effect either. Especially since prolonged fever, shortness of breath, etc. are listed as things you should tell your doctor about immediately.
So here are my questions:
- Is there something else I can ask the doctor?
- I've mentioned isotretinoin, and I'm sure she's familiar with with the serious possible side effects. I'm just wondering if there's anything else she can do.
- Has anyone else gotten sick on Accutane?
- Did you know for sure it wasn't (or was) the Accutane that caused it? I'm already drinking tons and tons of water, but is there anything else in particular you did to treat yourself?
- Did anyone have the same symptoms I'm having?
- Why are prolonged fever and shortness of breath things to watch out for? What can they lead to, or what do they indicate?