chin acne

4 replies to this topic

#1 Trina6241

Trina6241

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

The only part of my face that i breakout on ALL of the time is my chin. I dont think its hormonal because it is ALL of the time. What can i do about this? Has anything worked for you? Supplements?

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Your acne can still be hormonal and be ongoing.  I have the same thing but now as i get older, it's spreading to the sides of my mouth, cheeks , etc.  I have not found a solution myself but in terms of supplements, the general consensus is that the go to supps are:

magnesium (for stress/sleep relief)

zinc (rapid healing)

fish oil

vit D (because most people are deficient anyway)

Good Luck!

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

look into spiro and then try an AHA daily that should help you out. 

#4 Member325

Member325

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Chin acne could potentially be hormonal. Regardless though, with a good routine you can totally clear your skin up! I had acne on my chin and well, in every other square inch of my face and tried the most amazing online practice by Dr. Neal. Acne bootcamp. My dermatologists told me I needed to either do Accutane or suffer. I chose to suffer not wanting to go on such strong meds.

I stumbled upon his site and Dr. Neal really is an expert in the field. I'd give his products a try. My skin is near flawless now. You get good products and 24/7 access to a doctor either through his online program, phone or email. He'd be able to get you cleared up.

Good luck!

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

All acne is hormonal.

"Without androgenic action on the pilosebaceous unit, acne does not occur." - Geoffrey Redmond's article in the American Medical Association

Androgens = testosterones = hormones.

Chain goes like this.

Androgenic action -> sebaceous glands -> sebum production -> mixing with dead skin cells -> blockages -> bacteria feeding on blockages ->  -> inflammation -> acne.

If you truly had acne without any hormonal component, then it's not acne. It's folliculitis or KP or something that looks like acne but is made through a different process. 

Edited by Green Gables, 08 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users