Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

145 replies to this topic

#141 LaRosa

LaRosa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:56 AM

Oh my gosh, if I broke out after a course of Accutane I'd be down... :( I've just started this week and love following you guys and your tips. No side effects as of yet but I may be popping back to ask about supplements if I lose my mind with the initial breakout :)

#142 ambermo

ambermo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

How is the 60 mg? Are you experiencing any side effects? I'm 5'7 and 120 lbs now and I haven't gone above 40 mg. I've been on 30 mg's for the past couple of months. 

And really?! I wonder why...... I THINK that Accutane just helps people no matter what. Like, even if your acne comes back, it comes back more mild. Or like you said, other treatments actually help now? I know for a lot of people their acne comes back a little bit right after they get off of it, but then completely disappears after that one breakout which we can call the "getting off of Accutane breakout". When they start breaking out, they use something to combat the problem and when their breakout clears, as it was supposed to, they think that this product was what cleared them up even when Accutane couldn't; when in reality, it was just the body's adjustment response. The Accutane continues to work in your body, and supress your acne.

AM I EVEN MAKING ANY SENSE RIGHT NOW? I don't know. These are just my observations.

And I agree smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png Let's hope everything is just crystal clear from here on out! I will continue to work on my skin but I'm hoping days with acne are behind me.

xo

I haven't experienced anything different with 60mg than what I had on 30mg -

Dry lips - manageable with Aquaphor

Dry, sometimes peeling skin - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream (I did have to add in a little Aquaphor to my moisturizer a couple of times which terrified me because before Accutane I would never have dreamed of putting something at thick and sticky and greasy feeling as Aquaphor on my face, but it was just what I needed)

Red, dry patches on tops of hands and a little on my upper arms - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor

Occasional dry/red eyes - manageable with liquid tear drops

I drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day, exercise, do yoga and eat healthy. I'm not sure if this has contributed to my lack of bad side effects, but just in case I'll keep doing it :)

I didn't know there was a "getting off Accutane" breakout, blah!! I'm still hoping this month will be the magical month where everything goes away, but I'm still getting them. Less, though...so that's something.

All we can do is keep on keepin' on, right?!

#143 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

Oh my gosh, if I broke out after a course of Accutane I'd be down... sad.png I've just started this week and love following you guys and your tips. No side effects as of yet but I may be popping back to ask about supplements if I lose my mind with the initial breakout smile.png

I wish you all the best on your course! We're all supporting you. And about the supplements, to be honest, I used to take a bunch of things when I first started but then I found that all the supplements + medication was too much and it was sort of hurting my stomach and it was making it hard for my liver to process everything. I suggest just taking some flaxseed oil. I take it everyday (if I'm at home) right after my medication, and it helps add some fat to the meal I just ate too.

#144 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

How is the 60 mg? Are you experiencing any side effects? I'm 5'7 and 120 lbs now and I haven't gone above 40 mg. I've been on 30 mg's for the past couple of months. 

And really?! I wonder why...... I THINK that Accutane just helps people no matter what. Like, even if your acne comes back, it comes back more mild. Or like you said, other treatments actually help now? I know for a lot of people their acne comes back a little bit right after they get off of it, but then completely disappears after that one breakout which we can call the "getting off of Accutane breakout". When they start breaking out, they use something to combat the problem and when their breakout clears, as it was supposed to, they think that this product was what cleared them up even when Accutane couldn't; when in reality, it was just the body's adjustment response. The Accutane continues to work in your body, and supress your acne.

AM I EVEN MAKING ANY SENSE RIGHT NOW? I don't know. These are just my observations.

And I agree Let's hope everything is just crystal clear from here on out! I will continue to work on my skin but I'm hoping days with acne are behind me.

xo

Dry, sometimes peeling skin - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream (I did have to add in a little Aquaphor to my moisturizer a couple of times which terrified me because before Accutane I would never have dreamed of putting something at thick and sticky and greasy feeling as Aquaphor on my face, but it was just what I needed)

Red, dry patches on tops of hands and a little on my upper arms - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor

I drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day, exercise, do yoga and eat healthy. I'm not sure if this has contributed to my lack of bad side effects, but just in case I'll keep doing it

I didn't know there was a "getting off Accutane" breakout, blah!! I'm still hoping this month will be the magical month where everything goes away, but I'm still getting them. Less, though...so that's something.

Yes!!! I'm trying to stay positive. I've been getting really sad lately. Like for no reason, I'm just sad. Then I'm happy, but then I'm really sad again. I've been getting emotional about everything. Just like an emotional rollercoaster. I'm done Accutane in 3 days! So my brain can finally start to recover from the medication. I'VE BEEN ON THIS DAMN THING FOR NINE WHOLE MONTHS.

Edited by Hello Accutane, 25 February 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#145 LaRosa

LaRosa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

Oh my gosh, if I broke out after a course of Accutane I'd be down... I've just started this week and love following you guys and your tips. No side effects as of yet but I may be popping back to ask about supplements if I lose my mind with the initial breakout

I wish you all the best on your course! We're all supporting you. And about the supplements, to be honest, I used to take a bunch of things when I first started but then I found that all the supplements + medication was too much and it was sort of hurting my stomach and it was making it hard for my liver to process everything. I suggest just taking some flaxseed oil. I take it everyday (if I'm at home) right after my medication, and it helps add some fat to the meal I just ate too.

Thanks! The 'lips' have kicked off already so I'm just using 100% argan oil to soothe them and my crackly hair. I guess some people suffer more than others with their stomach. I can't wait to hear of your post-Accutane progress, that must be a mixture of anxiety & relief.

#146 ambermo

ambermo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

And I agree Let's hope everything is just crystal clear from here on out! I will continue to work on my skin but I'm hoping days with acne are behind me.

xo

I drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day, exercise, do yoga and eat healthy. I'm not sure if this has contributed to my lack of bad side effects, but just in case I'll keep doing it

Yes!!! I'm trying to stay positive. I've been getting really sad lately. Like for no reason, I'm just sad. Then I'm happy, but then I'm really sad again. I've been getting emotional about everything. Just like an emotional rollercoaster. I'm done Accutane in 3 days! So my brain can finally start to recover from the medication. I'VE BEEN ON THIS DAMN THING FOR NINE WHOLE MONTHS.

You're a trooper, that's for sure! Nine months is a long time to be on this treatment. 

It's interesting you bring up the "emotional rollercoaster". I've been experiencing anxiety a lot more lately and I kind of feel like I have been randomly emotional at times. It's not enough to make me concerned, but I do have a feeling it's the Accutane. I did start worrying that I would be anxious and emotional forever the other day, but I'm sure you're right. Our brains will balance out after the medicine starts getting out of our systems. Ahhh, 3 day countdown!! How exciting :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users