Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

147 replies to this topic

#141 LaRosa

LaRosa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:56 AM

Oh my gosh, if I broke out after a course of Accutane I'd be down... :( I've just started this week and love following you guys and your tips. No side effects as of yet but I may be popping back to ask about supplements if I lose my mind with the initial breakout :)

#142 ambermo

ambermo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

How is the 60 mg? Are you experiencing any side effects? I'm 5'7 and 120 lbs now and I haven't gone above 40 mg. I've been on 30 mg's for the past couple of months. 

And really?! I wonder why...... I THINK that Accutane just helps people no matter what. Like, even if your acne comes back, it comes back more mild. Or like you said, other treatments actually help now? I know for a lot of people their acne comes back a little bit right after they get off of it, but then completely disappears after that one breakout which we can call the "getting off of Accutane breakout". When they start breaking out, they use something to combat the problem and when their breakout clears, as it was supposed to, they think that this product was what cleared them up even when Accutane couldn't; when in reality, it was just the body's adjustment response. The Accutane continues to work in your body, and supress your acne.

AM I EVEN MAKING ANY SENSE RIGHT NOW? I don't know. These are just my observations.

And I agree smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png Let's hope everything is just crystal clear from here on out! I will continue to work on my skin but I'm hoping days with acne are behind me.

xo

I haven't experienced anything different with 60mg than what I had on 30mg -

Dry lips - manageable with Aquaphor

Dry, sometimes peeling skin - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream (I did have to add in a little Aquaphor to my moisturizer a couple of times which terrified me because before Accutane I would never have dreamed of putting something at thick and sticky and greasy feeling as Aquaphor on my face, but it was just what I needed)

Red, dry patches on tops of hands and a little on my upper arms - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor

Occasional dry/red eyes - manageable with liquid tear drops

I drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day, exercise, do yoga and eat healthy. I'm not sure if this has contributed to my lack of bad side effects, but just in case I'll keep doing it :)

I didn't know there was a "getting off Accutane" breakout, blah!! I'm still hoping this month will be the magical month where everything goes away, but I'm still getting them. Less, though...so that's something.

All we can do is keep on keepin' on, right?!

#143 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

Oh my gosh, if I broke out after a course of Accutane I'd be down... sad.png I've just started this week and love following you guys and your tips. No side effects as of yet but I may be popping back to ask about supplements if I lose my mind with the initial breakout smile.png

I wish you all the best on your course! We're all supporting you. And about the supplements, to be honest, I used to take a bunch of things when I first started but then I found that all the supplements + medication was too much and it was sort of hurting my stomach and it was making it hard for my liver to process everything. I suggest just taking some flaxseed oil. I take it everyday (if I'm at home) right after my medication, and it helps add some fat to the meal I just ate too.

#144 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

How is the 60 mg? Are you experiencing any side effects? I'm 5'7 and 120 lbs now and I haven't gone above 40 mg. I've been on 30 mg's for the past couple of months. 

And really?! I wonder why...... I THINK that Accutane just helps people no matter what. Like, even if your acne comes back, it comes back more mild. Or like you said, other treatments actually help now? I know for a lot of people their acne comes back a little bit right after they get off of it, but then completely disappears after that one breakout which we can call the "getting off of Accutane breakout". When they start breaking out, they use something to combat the problem and when their breakout clears, as it was supposed to, they think that this product was what cleared them up even when Accutane couldn't; when in reality, it was just the body's adjustment response. The Accutane continues to work in your body, and supress your acne.

AM I EVEN MAKING ANY SENSE RIGHT NOW? I don't know. These are just my observations.

And I agree Let's hope everything is just crystal clear from here on out! I will continue to work on my skin but I'm hoping days with acne are behind me.

xo

Dry, sometimes peeling skin - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream (I did have to add in a little Aquaphor to my moisturizer a couple of times which terrified me because before Accutane I would never have dreamed of putting something at thick and sticky and greasy feeling as Aquaphor on my face, but it was just what I needed)

Red, dry patches on tops of hands and a little on my upper arms - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor

I drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day, exercise, do yoga and eat healthy. I'm not sure if this has contributed to my lack of bad side effects, but just in case I'll keep doing it

I didn't know there was a "getting off Accutane" breakout, blah!! I'm still hoping this month will be the magical month where everything goes away, but I'm still getting them. Less, though...so that's something.

Yes!!! I'm trying to stay positive. I've been getting really sad lately. Like for no reason, I'm just sad. Then I'm happy, but then I'm really sad again. I've been getting emotional about everything. Just like an emotional rollercoaster. I'm done Accutane in 3 days! So my brain can finally start to recover from the medication. I'VE BEEN ON THIS DAMN THING FOR NINE WHOLE MONTHS.

Edited by Hello Accutane, 25 February 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#145 LaRosa

LaRosa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

Oh my gosh, if I broke out after a course of Accutane I'd be down... I've just started this week and love following you guys and your tips. No side effects as of yet but I may be popping back to ask about supplements if I lose my mind with the initial breakout

I wish you all the best on your course! We're all supporting you. And about the supplements, to be honest, I used to take a bunch of things when I first started but then I found that all the supplements + medication was too much and it was sort of hurting my stomach and it was making it hard for my liver to process everything. I suggest just taking some flaxseed oil. I take it everyday (if I'm at home) right after my medication, and it helps add some fat to the meal I just ate too.

Thanks! The 'lips' have kicked off already so I'm just using 100% argan oil to soothe them and my crackly hair. I guess some people suffer more than others with their stomach. I can't wait to hear of your post-Accutane progress, that must be a mixture of anxiety & relief.

#146 ambermo

ambermo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

And I agree Let's hope everything is just crystal clear from here on out! I will continue to work on my skin but I'm hoping days with acne are behind me.

xo

I drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day, exercise, do yoga and eat healthy. I'm not sure if this has contributed to my lack of bad side effects, but just in case I'll keep doing it

Yes!!! I'm trying to stay positive. I've been getting really sad lately. Like for no reason, I'm just sad. Then I'm happy, but then I'm really sad again. I've been getting emotional about everything. Just like an emotional rollercoaster. I'm done Accutane in 3 days! So my brain can finally start to recover from the medication. I'VE BEEN ON THIS DAMN THING FOR NINE WHOLE MONTHS.

You're a trooper, that's for sure! Nine months is a long time to be on this treatment. 

It's interesting you bring up the "emotional rollercoaster". I've been experiencing anxiety a lot more lately and I kind of feel like I have been randomly emotional at times. It's not enough to make me concerned, but I do have a feeling it's the Accutane. I did start worrying that I would be anxious and emotional forever the other day, but I'm sure you're right. Our brains will balance out after the medicine starts getting out of our systems. Ahhh, 3 day countdown!! How exciting :)

#147 ambermo

ambermo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hey all!

Wondering if anyone else has heard anything about your hair and face going back to being oily 6 months after treatment has ended? One of the perks over the last few months has been that my face isn't a greasy, shiny mess, and same with my hair! My Derm says that my hair will return to it's previous greasy style after treatment, but that I might get 6 more months of this normal hair that I'm so much more in love with.

Just curious...

#148 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

One of the best feelings in the world is: not having to take pills everyday! :)

I have been off Accutane for I guess about 3 weeks now. I love being able to eat whatever I want! I'm now eating a vegan diet. This is what works for me, and I feel that it's necessary for me personally to eat this way to keep the acne away, since I cannot rely on Accutane anymore. Vegan is also what makes me feel happiest and healthiest, physically and emotionally.

I haven't posted any pictures yet, because my skin is still pretty red from all of the hyperpigmentation and scarring, and in pictures it sort of looks like acne and I don't want that to give a false view and for my end result to discourage anyone. I will say however, that my skin has continued to get better after coming off the medication. BUT, do you guys remember me telling you about a cyst that I got on my cheek like 2 MONTHS ago? Well.... It's still there. I DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY. My dermatologist even injected it like about a month ago, but it's like it just wants to live on my face. That cyst did come up when I was still on Accutane, so whatever. Besides that little beast, the rest of my skin is completely clear and smooth. Including my chest and back.

Having done a long-term, low-dose course, I will say that I now feel that most people get a better result on a shorter-term, higher-dose course. This could however be at the expense of experiencing more serious side effects. So you have to do what feels right for you. 

As far as side effects go, the only thing I'm experiencing is dry skin. That's all. :)

I hope that everyone's Accutane journey is going well!

I'm assuming the oil probably will come back, but I don't think at the level that it was before. Don't think so far ahead into the future. Focus on today, enjoy what you have, and stay happy, healthy and positive. :)

Hey all!
Wondering if anyone else has heard anything about your hair and face going back to being oily 6 months after treatment has ended? One of the perks over the last few months has been that my face isn't a greasy, shiny mess, and same with my hair! My Derm says that my hair will return to it's previous greasy style after treatment, but that I might get 6 more months of this normal hair that I'm so much more in love with.
Just curious...

Edited by Hello Accutane, 18 March 2015 - 07:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users