Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

133 replies to this topic

#121 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates. Today is day 200!

I haven't had any big pimples. A few occasional small ones here and there, but that's about it. :) I still have those two blackheads, that like I said, will not go away until I get them removed.

Other than that, I'm having some flushing in my face. Like when I'm embarassed/angry/frustrated.. my face turns SOOO RED! Also, I've noticed that if I take my pills too close to bedtime, I sweat during the night. I would suggest taking them either in the morning or in the middle of the day.

I'm so happy to be on Accutane. I fall more and more in love with it everyday. I honestly feel better on Accutane than I did on antibiotics. Yes, there are times when the Accutane hurts my stomach, but on antibiotics I felt naseous all the time. I was also tired ALL the time when I was on antibiotics and had that sweating thing every night. Plus Accutane WORKS! 

Now thinking about it, there was nothing else that would have worked on my acne and I wish I had gone on it sooner. My acne was caused by severe oil production. Using antibiotics to kill off bacteria in this case is basically pointless. Topicals on the other hand, only dried out the top layer of my skin while my body still produced oil and acne.

My skin right now isn't nearly as dry and flaky as it was on topicals. My skin on topicals looked horrendous.

Hope everyone else is doin great as well and thank you guys for your support and encouragement :)

Edited by Hello Accutane, 07 December 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#122 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

https://www.youtube....yZHiZtlJ4M#t=16

#123 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

DAY 206:

Time seems to have really slowed down. I just wanna be off this at this point. I feel okay but I'm just tired of taking pills everyday, and planning my meals around my dose. I just don't wanna take medication anymore. By tomorrow I will have taken 4700mg and have about 1900mg to go. 

Anyways, I got a pimple on my forehead after the longest time yesterday, and I couldn't help but touch it and think "MAN, I hate acne". You'd think I'd be used to such a thing, since I only had like about A HUNDRED on my face not too long ago. I feel like it's a worse feeling for me, to have even just that one, than for someone who usually has perfect skin but gets that random one. It feels as if it's come back to haunt you. Now I understand why people freak out after their course, if they get even the tiniest pimple. I just don't wanna be reminded of the past.

Sorry for the depressing post. Besides the one pimple, I still have a ton of hyperpigmentation. Do you guys have any good recommendations as to how to fade them?

Edited by Hello Accutane, 13 December 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#124 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

This gigantic pimple continues to live on my face. I'm becoming a little discouraged because even though my face is mostly clear of bumps now, it still looks like it's badly broken out because of the scarring and hyperpigmentation.

:(

#125 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

I'm going to add Bio Oil into my routine. It says to use continuously twice a day, for 3 months, so I'm just going to swap it in place of my moisturizer. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)

#126 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

I will be running out of pills in 4 days, and I just called my dermatologist to book my appointment only to find out that they're closed until Jan 9th! Noone told me this so I'm pretty frustrated! I'm thinking of just taking a lower dose to stretch out the amount of pills I have since they're all in 10s.

#127 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

1) So either bio oil is already helping my skin after 2 days or I'm crazy. My face is soooo soft and smooth. My complexion overall looks clearer. I'm not sure if it would hinder any sort of progress since it is an oil, and we're trying to get rid of the oil. I haven't had any breakouts however.

2) This little time off the pills may actually be a good thing. My stomach feels pretty rough right now. It's not good. I'm not eating healthy either because in trying to eat fat I'm consuming things that are probably not optimal for my health. I'm planning on going complete vegan or vegetarian at a minimum when I'm off the course. I'm eating way too much animal products and wheat right now and it's messing up my stomach. It'll be good to take a little break from the medication and reset my body. Take some time to eat healthier and drink more water. I just wanna be done with the course but I also don't wanna damage my body in the process.

3) To update you guys, I'm gonna post some pictures either later tonight or tomorrow!

Edited by Hello Accutane, 24 December 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#128 Casey23F on Accutane

Casey23F on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

I will be running out of pills in 4 days, and I just called my dermatologist to book my appointment only to find out that they're closed until Jan 9th! Noone told me this so I'm pretty frustrated! I'm thinking of just taking a lower dose to stretch out the amount of pills I have since they're all in 10s.

Whaaaat?  Your derm didn't book your check-ups in advance?  That doesn't seem right!

#129 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

I know. I'm pretty frustrated. I love this clinic, but the only thing is they don't book your appointments for you. Which is not a big deal, I'm capable of calling in and making an appointment, but I wish they had told me they were gonna be closed. :( I don't really know what to do. I may try going into my family doctor's tomorrow and seeing if she'll prescribe it to me. Fingers crossed!

#130 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

GOOD NEWS GUYS!!!!!

My mom went to the pharmacy today and told them the situation, and they gave me a 30 day pack of 10mgs! My mom is a pharmacy technician, and she said that if there is ever a time when you're unable to see the doctor, or whatever, and you're taking a medication continuously for a long period of time (such as for something chronic), the pharmacy has to give you enough medication to cover you until your next appointment. I do live in Canada though, so I'm not sure how this works elsewhere. 

Edited by Hello Accutane, 31 December 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#131 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

I have about a month left on Accutane. I've been on it for over 7 months now. My side effects have sort of remained the same.. dry lips, dry skin, dry eyes, dry nose, some stomach pain.. According to my lab work which came back today, one liver enzyme went up. My derm said it's at the very end of the normal range, so that isn't too bad. My mood has been sort of different lately. I'm finding that I get irritated easily and just sort of feel down in general. I do think that it's mainly due to life events, but little things that I would usually just brush off, ruin my whole day. :( I know I said I would post pictures, but I'm just in such a slump it's hard to find motivation to do anything really. My skin is clear for the most part, but I still get some breakouts. With all that, plus the hyperpigmentation and scarring, my skin is still far from perfect. I think that also gets me down. I expected better results. 

#132 ToTheMoonAndBack

ToTheMoonAndBack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hey there!
Maybe now it's time to focus on something other than dealing with acne, such as acne scars or hyperpigmentation.
You can always try to improve :)

#133 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

<3

Hey there!
Maybe now it's time to focus on something other than dealing with acne, such as acne scars or hyperpigmentation.
You can always try to improve smile.png

#134 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Hope everyone's doing great :)

Just wanted to share with you guys the news that I have 840mg's to go!!!!! The end is near! Can't say that my face is miraculously clear, as I do have 1 cyst currently and I've gotten a few little whiteheads BUT my skin is a lot better than what I started out with. I might ask my dermatologist to go for an extra month, since I'm so close to the end and still breaking out. Regardless, Accutane has been a lifesaver. I couldn't imagine not having gone on it. Seriously. It's been amazing. If I have to, I will go on it again..

If anyone reading this is debating whether or not to go on it, and you are a good candidate, DO IT. I took the low-dose, long-term route and have been on it for 8 months thus far, and the benefits have far outweighed any side effect for me.. psychologically and physically

<3   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users