Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

123 replies to this topic

#121 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates. Today is day 200!

I haven't had any big pimples. A few occasional small ones here and there, but that's about it. :) I still have those two blackheads, that like I said, will not go away until I get them removed.

Other than that, I'm having some flushing in my face. Like when I'm embarassed/angry/frustrated.. my face turns SOOO RED! Also, I've noticed that if I take my pills too close to bedtime, I sweat during the night. I would suggest taking them either in the morning or in the middle of the day.

I'm so happy to be on Accutane. I fall more and more in love with it everyday. I honestly feel better on Accutane than I did on antibiotics. Yes, there are times when the Accutane hurts my stomach, but on antibiotics I felt naseous all the time. I was also tired ALL the time when I was on antibiotics and had that sweating thing every night. Plus Accutane WORKS! 

Now thinking about it, there was nothing else that would have worked on my acne and I wish I had gone on it sooner. My acne was caused by severe oil production. Using antibiotics to kill off bacteria in this case is basically pointless. Topicals on the other hand, only dried out the top layer of my skin while my body still produced oil and acne.

My skin right now isn't nearly as dry and flaky as it was on topicals. My skin on topicals looked horrendous.

Hope everyone else is doin great as well and thank you guys for your support and encouragement :)

Edited by Hello Accutane, 07 December 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#122 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

https://www.youtube....yZHiZtlJ4M#t=16

#123 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

DAY 206:

Time seems to have really slowed down. I just wanna be off this at this point. I feel okay but I'm just tired of taking pills everyday, and planning my meals around my dose. I just don't wanna take medication anymore. By tomorrow I will have taken 4700mg and have about 1900mg to go. 

Anyways, I got a pimple on my forehead after the longest time yesterday, and I couldn't help but touch it and think "MAN, I hate acne". You'd think I'd be used to such a thing, since I only had like about A HUNDRED on my face not too long ago. I feel like it's a worse feeling for me, to have even just that one, than for someone who usually has perfect skin but gets that random one. It feels as if it's come back to haunt you. Now I understand why people freak out after their course, if they get even the tiniest pimple. I just don't wanna be reminded of the past.

Sorry for the depressing post. Besides the one pimple, I still have a ton of hyperpigmentation. Do you guys have any good recommendations as to how to fade them?

Edited by Hello Accutane, 13 December 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#124 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

This gigantic pimple continues to live on my face. I'm becoming a little discouraged because even though my face is mostly clear of bumps now, it still looks like it's badly broken out because of the scarring and hyperpigmentation.

:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users