Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

76 replies to this topic

#61 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Very very very true. But at the same time I don't wanna get lazy and not care at all either! I always think that I don't care at the time, then I start to imagine the food like absorbing into my body and coming out through my pores LOL. I read somewhere that pimples can take up to like 90 days to form, so it got me thinking like "What I eat in the last 3 months of my course is going to come out when I'm off Accutane" ..I know I'm overthinking.

DAY 114:

Side effects as of starting the 40 mg:
- seriously dry skin and lips (only starting to feel this now.. I've been dry but a nice dry since I was so oily starting)

- MUSCLE PAIN. Holy moly. It's so weird. People will jokingly pinch me somewhere and I'll scream in pain. Literally the muscles in my entire body hurt.

- weird stomach pain. Feels like cramps and like a burning feeling. I haven't been eating the best, and I usually eat super healthy so this could be why.

- lower back pain.

- overall low-energy.

#62 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the update!

Feel better

#63 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Guys :) I love my skin :) I love Accutane :) I love you guys :)

#64 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

My lips are ripping apart. So that's fun. Lol. There are patches of raw skin all over my lips. One thing I have to point out though is that Accutane had actually helped my lips. Before Accutane, my lips were ALWAYS chapped like the skin just wasn't shedding properly. After beginning Accutane, my lips started to shed the skin properly and they became super smooth. Now, they've shed too much, and are raw. I'll take this over how they were before.

I was having pain in my stomach consistantly for couple of days. So these past four days, I didn't take my pills for two days and then took 20mg a day for the other two. I'm gonna go back up to 40mg tomorrow. My derm doesn't like when I do this.. but I'm like, naw it's my body. I always listen to my gut feeling (literally in this case) and if something doesn't feel right, I'm gonna address it.

Anyways, I just want to tell you guys that it's really important to not focus on the negative, but focus on the positive. Whatever you focus on will be. It's okay to acknowledge the bad, but focusing on the positive will bring positive results.

nod.gif nod.gif

#65 Casey23F on Accutane

Casey23F on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

My lips are ripping apart. So that's fun. Lol. There are patches of raw skin all over my lips. One thing I have to point out though is that Accutane had actually helped my lips. Before Accutane, my lips were ALWAYS chapped like the skin just wasn't shedding properly. After beginning Accutane, my lips started to shed the skin properly and they became super smooth. Now, they've shed too much, and are raw. I'll take this over how they were before.

I was having pain in my stomach consistantly for couple of days. So these past four days, I didn't take my pills for two days and then took 20mg a day for the other two. I'm gonna go back up to 40mg tomorrow. My derm doesn't like when I do this.. but I'm like, naw it's my body. I always listen to my gut feeling (literally in this case) and if something doesn't feel right, I'm gonna address it.

Anyways, I just want to tell you guys that it's really important to not focus on the negative, but focus on the positive. Whatever you focus on will be. It's okay to acknowledge the bad, but focusing on the positive will bring positive results.

nod.gif

I've been following your journey.  But this post makes me really happy nod.gif   I'm beginning Accutane in 2 weeks and of course there are nasty stigmas surrounding Accutane.  I like your train of thought here. 

I started a log to track my Accutane journey as well.  If ya'll have any advice or suggestions, please feel free to follow & share eusa_pray.gif

http://www.acne.org/...4-pre-accutane/

Cheers!

#66 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:48 PM

Good luck to you girlfriend! This is an exciting journey simply for what is waiting at the end. I'll be sure to follow along on yours as well :) xoxo

I currently have about 8 pimples on my face but holy crap I'm on day 126. Meaning I just started my 5th month. This is crazy. But, I did take a low dose starting so I will probably be on it for a total of 8 months. I'm so proud of how far I've come and I'm excited to continue the rest of the journey.

I'm drinking a lot more water now because I'm naturally more thirsty. I wake up early in the morning with like dry throat even though I drank a ton of water the day before, and even right before going to sleep. I incorporate drinking water into my day by drinking a variety of herbal teas throughout the day, obviously leaving out the sugar or any sweeteners.

I'm also adding Probiotics & L-Glutamine into my supplements! I also take flaxseed oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, B-Complex regularly, and sometimes, iron, turmeric & zinc.

#67 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

I'm having some stomach issues. :( Hopefully taking probiotics and L-glutamine helps!

#68 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Day 136:

Cue cracks in the corners of my lips.

I honestly think my skin isn't progressing as quickly as it should/I want it to because of the things I'm eating. I've just sort of become reliant on Accutane and I've been consistently eating things I know are sure to cause breakouts: dairy, coffee, sugar, wheat.. etc. I'm gonna focus on eating really clean and healthy foods, for my skin and for the sake of my stomach.

#69 Casey23F on Accutane

Casey23F on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

It's okay ... sometimes you crave the splurge tongue.png

If you need the buzz, next time try green tea which has a little caffeine in it.  Nothing like coffee, but it does contain some caffeine and will also help to settle your stomach.  Also, instead of wheat.. try low-carb wraps.  They come in great flavors such as Tomato Basil and Honey and they're easier to digest than the killer wheat!

I hope this helps.  What dosage of Accutane are you on?

#70 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

Awesome! Thanks love!

I'm on 40 mg :)

#71 Casey23F on Accutane

Casey23F on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

Nice, me too!  Just popped the first pill last night and I'm already seeing the initial breakout.  At least we know we're on the way to clear skin..the sacrifices we make tongue.png

#72 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Haha keep me updated on your treatment :) Good luck with everything!

Ps. I didn't start at 40. First month I was on 10, second month on 20, third month on 30, and now fourth on 40. I totally agree. It's so important to me. To all of us I'm sure. It goes way beyond being a cosmetic issue. I'm so excited to continue on with my treatment. It's weird because, day by day it doesn't seem like anything changes, and then one day you're like "WOAH my face is looking a lot better" and this seems to happen in periods Just remember that if you feel like you're not making progess.

Also, a little tip: using a fluoride-free toothpaste really helps with dry lips :) !

#73 Beautyaddict888

Beautyaddict888

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hello,

Reading all of your accutane story truly gives me courage to go on Accutane.  I go in Accutane on Oct 31 and the wait is honestly driving me INSANEE.  I want it NOW because my acne has been so bad lately.  I am currently on minocycline (a systemic drug like Accutane) ,Retin-A, and Aczone.  The retin-a 0.08 and Aczone seems to work but it literally draws out all the plugs and clogged pores that it makes my breakout worse each day.angry.png I rather be on Accutane than minocycline because it is just as harsh on your liver.  This 30-day ipledge wait for females is a little bit ridiculous, i think. What is your acne is becoming worse each night?!

Anyways, I cant waitt to go on it and reading alot of your reviews gives me so much hope that it will work for me too. *crossing fingers*

#74 HannahL96

HannahL96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for the awesome log! It's very informative and encouraging! I'm due to start Accutane next Tuesday (14th October). Ooh, exciting! But a little scary, too. I am, of course, a little apprehensive about potential side effects. I have heard some real horror stories. I am starting off on a relatively low dose (20mg a day). I'm 18, 5'9" and weigh 60kg (130 pounds). Gotta say, I'm actually pretty scared about the side effects, but I'm a bit of a worrier/hypochondriac anyway.

I too have started an Accutane log. Of course, it isn't too exciting yet. I just hope it'll all be worth it in the end. My brother was on Accutane a couple of years back, and it worked absolute wonders for him, and he had relatively few side effects. He was on the same dose as me. Here's hoping I'm as lucky as he was!

Thanks again! Make sure to keep us updated! :)

#75 Mandycandy

Mandycandy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Toothpaste? Definitely going to have to try. Thanks for the tip!

#76 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

Good luck girls!!

Toothpaste? Definitely going to have to try. Thanks for the tip!

Yup :) I think it has more to do with the fact that natural toothpaste doesn't have sodium laureth sulfate in it which is extremely drying to the skin. This might sound funny, but since natural toothpaste is quite expensive compared to the regular kind, sometimes if I'm trying to save money, I'll buy one natural one that I'll use in the morning, and one regular toothpaste that I'll use at night, in order to save money. Better than nothing :)

DAY 146:

Went to see my dermatologist today. I only needed 2 bumps injected today, and I don't know what happened but one of them bled like crazy. Like, the blood just pouring down my face! Anywho, my skin is getting a lot better but I just have tons of redness/hyperpigmentation. The skin on my entire body is thinner and it cuts easily if I bump on anything, but on a brighter note... a few people have commented on my skin being "so soft". Which I agree with. The skin on my entire body is so soft and smooth. I'm getting bloodwork done tomorrow so my dermatologist can let me know in a few days if I'm good to continue on 40mg. I'm going to ask her to drop my dose to 30 or 20mg regardless because I think the 40mg is too hard on my stomach. I'd rather be on the medication longer than mess up my stomach.

Other than that, I'm going to try and eat healthier. :) I know I keep saying that, but it's so hard to stick with it. I'll keep trying.

Hope you're all doing wonderful xoxoxoxo

#77 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 AM

Can i please just never have acne ever again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users