Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

64 replies to this topic

#61 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Very very very true. But at the same time I don't wanna get lazy and not care at all either! I always think that I don't care at the time, then I start to imagine the food like absorbing into my body and coming out through my pores LOL. I read somewhere that pimples can take up to like 90 days to form, so it got me thinking like "What I eat in the last 3 months of my course is going to come out when I'm off Accutane" ..I know I'm overthinking.

DAY 114:

Side effects as of starting the 40 mg:
- seriously dry skin and lips (only starting to feel this now.. I've been dry but a nice dry since I was so oily starting)

- MUSCLE PAIN. Holy moly. It's so weird. People will jokingly pinch me somewhere and I'll scream in pain. Literally the muscles in my entire body hurt.

- weird stomach pain. Feels like cramps and like a burning feeling. I haven't been eating the best, and I usually eat super healthy so this could be why.

- lower back pain.

- overall low-energy.

#62 GetMeTheResults

GetMeTheResults

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the update!

Feel better

#63 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Guys :) I love my skin :) I love Accutane :) I love you guys :)

#64 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

My lips are ripping apart. So that's fun. Lol. There are patches of raw skin all over my lips. One thing I have to point out though is that Accutane had actually helped my lips. Before Accutane, my lips were ALWAYS chapped like the skin just wasn't shedding properly. After beginning Accutane, my lips started to shed the skin properly and they became super smooth. Now, they've shed too much, and are raw. I'll take this over how they were before.

I was having pain in my stomach consistantly for couple of days. So these past four days, I didn't take my pills for two days and then took 20mg a day for the other two. I'm gonna go back up to 40mg tomorrow. My derm doesn't like when I do this.. but I'm like, naw it's my body. I always listen to my gut feeling (literally in this case) and if something doesn't feel right, I'm gonna address it.

Anyways, I just want to tell you guys that it's really important to not focus on the negative, but focus on the positive. Whatever you focus on will be. It's okay to acknowledge the bad, but focusing on the positive will bring positive results.

nod.gif nod.gif

#65 Casey23F on Accutane

Casey23F on Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 AM

My lips are ripping apart. So that's fun. Lol. There are patches of raw skin all over my lips. One thing I have to point out though is that Accutane had actually helped my lips. Before Accutane, my lips were ALWAYS chapped like the skin just wasn't shedding properly. After beginning Accutane, my lips started to shed the skin properly and they became super smooth. Now, they've shed too much, and are raw. I'll take this over how they were before.

I was having pain in my stomach consistantly for couple of days. So these past four days, I didn't take my pills for two days and then took 20mg a day for the other two. I'm gonna go back up to 40mg tomorrow. My derm doesn't like when I do this.. but I'm like, naw it's my body. I always listen to my gut feeling (literally in this case) and if something doesn't feel right, I'm gonna address it.

Anyways, I just want to tell you guys that it's really important to not focus on the negative, but focus on the positive. Whatever you focus on will be. It's okay to acknowledge the bad, but focusing on the positive will bring positive results.

nod.gif

I've been following your journey.  But this post makes me really happy nod.gif   I'm beginning Accutane in 2 weeks and of course there are nasty stigmas surrounding Accutane.  I like your train of thought here. 

I started a log to track my Accutane journey as well.  If ya'll have any advice or suggestions, please feel free to follow & share eusa_pray.gif

http://www.acne.org/...4-pre-accutane/

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users